Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 103

Thread: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

  1. #91
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I have no doubt the Obamas at least asked about paying their own way, but the demands of Secret Service probably make that impossible. I don't remember seeing any complaint about taxpayer money paying for the hunting trip Cheney made where he shot the guy in the face, or any of the dozens of dumbass trips taken by Bush. What did it cost the taxpayer to send Bush to Kennebunkport so he could fish?
    Hey I don't care, that was Bush. But it's not okay for your boy. Happy now?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #92
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hey I don't care, that was Bush. But it's not okay for your boy. Happy now?
    So you got no problem using massive double standards?

    Something your candidate did is okay, but if a candidate you did not vote for does the same thing, it is not okay?

    Kind of hard to consider anyone who thinks that way as caring about America. Placing party over country is a key step on the path to destroying a country.

    Why is consistency something so rare here?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #93
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    So you got no problem using massive double standards?

    Something your candidate did is okay, but if a candidate you did not vote for does the same thing, it is not okay?

    Kind of hard to consider anyone who thinks that way as caring about America. Placing party over country is a key step on the path to destroying a country.

    Why is consistency something so rare here?
    Yeah why not, liberals live by double standards as standard procedure.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Omfg! This thread hasn't ended yet?

    What the **** is wrong with you people arguing over something as god damned ignorant and petty as the cost associated with the president going out to a god damned dinner?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #95
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    So the president isn't allowed to go on dates? Experience cultural institutions of the land he governs? Spend free time with his wife? We're not going to have many more little children running around in the White House if that's the way it's going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  6. #96
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yeah why not, liberals live by double standards as standard procedure.
    And that makes either you or them right how?

    Oh wait. I know. It's doesn't. You just don't have the maturity to admit it's bad and it's screwing up the country. I didn't give a crap whenever Bush went on vacation unless it was for excessive periods during turbulent times when he should have been working (his month long ranch vacation during the recession for one).

    How about instead of pandering to the lower, less evolved parts of your brain, you try for once to be consistent in your beliefs and not work towards further screwing up the country?

    Just because one alleged part of the country has double standards doesn't mean that it's okay for you to have them as well.

    Or are you going to admit you are no better then the group you constantly criticize?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #97
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Edify_Always_In_All_Ways View Post
    So the president isn't allowed to go on dates? Experience cultural institutions of the land he governs? Spend free time with his wife? We're not going to have many more little children running around in the White House if that's the way it's going to be.
    You want her to have more kids?

    She is in her 40s right?

    Do you know the chances of having a child with Down's Syndrome is SIGNIFICANTLY higher in women who get pregnant in their 40s and above?

    What message do you think it sends to other ass backward countries for our President to father a child with Down's Syndrome?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I have no doubt the Obamas at least asked about paying their own way, but the demands of Secret Service probably make that impossible. I don't remember seeing any complaint about taxpayer money paying for the hunting trip Cheney made where he shot the guy in the face, or any of the dozens of dumbass trips taken by Bush. What did it cost the taxpayer to send Bush to Kennebunkport so he could fish?
    Hmmm I guess you might have missed the complaints being from Maine we heard all about it. As for the cost well lets see the boat is Mr. Bush Sr. and he used The Bunk (as we in Maine call it) as his summer White house if you recall.

    I actually know the one Secret Service Guy stabding behind Mr. Bush Sr. and some of the talks I had with him he told me the Secret Service guys love come to Maine it was sweet gig from them.

    As for Mr. Obama like I said already in this thread I have no problem with him taking the Mrs. out for a night on the town he needs it just like the rest of us do and most likely more then we do. My problem with the whole thing was first he bad mouth Car Exs on the use of Corp Jets and bad Mouth Company for holding Conventions in Las Vegas (costing Vegas Millions of Dollars) while all along ask his fellow Americans to tighten our Belts. He could have had a night out on the Town in DC and still caught a real good show, if you read the article you will note they named some show that where playing in DC.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You want her to have more kids?

    She is in her 40s right?

    Do you know the chances of having a child with Down's Syndrome is SIGNIFICANTLY higher in women who get pregnant in their 40s and above?

    What message do you think it sends to other ass backward countries for our President to father a child with Down's Syndrome?
    Come on Caine that was un-called for and down right mean spirited.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Come on Caine that was un-called for and down right mean spirited.
    No sir, your petty threads criticizing his small moves like this one and the Golfing trip one are un-called for.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •