Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 222

Thread: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com


    I'm so very glad that they highlight the fact that this guy called 911...

    So awesome that everyone ran or stood around while he cut her head off.

    If I didn't have my gun (fat chance)... I would have beat this guy to death with a ****ing chair, or some other blunt object.. but I SURE as hell wouldn't have stood around and watched him cut her head off.


    I wonder when the first lawsuit will pop up... because the school that won't let students protect themselves cannot provide adequate protections for those who are attacked will be.

    I hope this little Asian girl's family sues the **** out of VT for making her another defenseless little sheep... and letting her get slaughtered.
    So, let me get this straight, you are FOR college campuses allowing students to carry guns in their backpacks?

    How about at Frat keg parties? Should Frat boys be allowed to come to parties strapped?

    I gotta be honest, it's bizarre that you are trying to turn the horrifying details into some sort of gun rights advocacy.

    This notion that allowing the public to walk around strapped will make us all safer is one that I hope will never be tested on a large scale. Yes, I know all about the small towns in Texas or wherever that overall stats crime came down when carry laws were loosened. But anybody who thinks that would work in L.A. or NYC is talking out of his ass.
    Last edited by hazlnut; 05-31-09 at 10:49 AM.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So you built a what if scenario, and now you are arguing it like it's valid? please show evidence to back up what you say....


    How many died at vt again?
    Me? I was not the one building the "what-if" scenario if the campus had allowed guns there this person would still be alive.

    Yes, please, let's talk about facts, there is no proof that if the campus had allowed guns that this girl would still be alive. Let's stick to facts then.

  3. #73
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    So, let me get this straight, you are FOR college campuses allowing students to carry guns in their backpacks?

    How about at Frat keg parties? Should Frat boys be allowed to come to parties strapped?

    I gotta be honest, it's bizarre that you are trying to turn the horrifying details into some sort of gun rights advocacy.

    This notion that allowing the public to walk around strapped will make us all safer is one that I hope will never be tested on a large scale. Yes, I know all about the small towns in Texas or wherever that overall stats crime came down when carry laws were loosened. But anybody who thinks that would work in L.A. or NYC is talking out of his ass.
    Show us the facts, otherwise quit talking out of your hoplophobic ass.

    And second, I quite often goto parties "strapped" (I carry concealed)... do I drink while at said parties? Nah.

    Who says that students are the only ones that could be "strapped"?

    What about faculty, and staff?

    Oh, right that doesn't fit into your neat little argument of "ZOMG THEY'LL BE SHOOTING EACH OTHER LEFT AND RIGHT LIKE IT'S THE WILD WEST, CAUSE THEY'RE ALL YOUNG AND DUMB AND HIGH ALL THE TIME!!"

    Btw, your ilk tried that argument when AZ became a shall issue state...and afaik... pretty much all stats show that cities / states with less restrictive gun control laws tend to have less violent crime than those with restrictive gun laws.

    So, you're argument is flawed.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  4. #74
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    For example, many officers carry their weapons in church.? They are well concealed in ankle holsters, shoulder holsters or inside-the-belt holsters tucked into the small of their backs.? Anytime you go to some form of religious service, there is a very good chance that a police officer in your congregation is carrying. You will never know if there is such an individual in your place of worship, until the wolf appears to massacre you and your loved ones.

    I was training a group of police officers in Texas, and during the break, one officer asked his friend if he carried his weapon in church. The other cop replied, "I will never be caught without my gun in church." I asked why he felt so strongly about this, and he told me about a cop he knew who was at a church massacre in Ft. Worth, Texas in 1999. In that incident, a mentally deranged individual came into the church and opened fire, gunning down fourteen people. He said that officer believed he could have saved every life that day if he had been carrying his gun. His own son was shot, and all he could do was throw himself on the boy's body and wait to die. That cop looked me in the eye and said, "Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself after that?"






    On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman
    Great adendum.
    What say you of the big push in Nashville for the right to carry, "In Bars"?
    The votes to approve were all very heavily in favor, the bill was passed, then vetoed by the Governor. One stpulation was that he who carries may NOT drink while carrying.
    It strikes me as a strange concept, but if you`re going to be around drunk criminals, in a bar, who are carrying, and you want to protect your date, loved one , friends,...etc, It makes a little sense.
    I am not strongly for or against the idea, it just strikes me as a hrad sell, a bit strange, in a gun fearing- gun grabbing world, to try to pass a bill called, "The right to carry a concealed weapon in a Bar".
    Sober...OK. Just add ONE little drink, and the gun can be the wrong thing to have around. The law does say, "NO DRINKING allowed". Whats your opinion ?

    BTW there is at least 1 shoot-out each month in Nashville clubs or bars. It is primarily a cultural phenomenon though. Folks like Packman Jones, now liveing in infamy, after the club shoot-out which resulted in an innocent man being parlyzed for life.
    Last edited by Rodney; 05-31-09 at 11:34 AM.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Btw, your ilk tried that argument when AZ became a shall issue state...and afaik... pretty much all stats show that cities / states with less restrictive gun control laws tend to have less violent crime than those with restrictive gun laws.

    Note to Stevenb, From Stevenb:

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Show us the facts, otherwise quit talking out of your hoplophobic ass.
    Please Steven, I'm dying to see you support that. LMFAO!!!

    Economists, sociologists, public policy folks have been studying this for years. The notion that guns make big cities safer is the most retarded, asinine position ever put forth by any advocacy group ever in the history of advocacy group.

    Conservatives who live in NYC are for draconian gun laws in the city. All big city Police/Sheriff departments are for strict gun laws.

    Have you ever been to AZ? There is ONE city that even come close being called a 'big' city--PHOENIX. It's a desert state with small-med. size towns.

    What are the guns laws in Phoenix? You need a carry permit. Right? Fine. I am all for that. If you want to carry a concealed weapon, I want the police to know your name and the type of gun you carry, etc. Fair enough?

    Or are the cops a bunch of liberals?? Give me a break!

    Before you dash off another response, take a look in the mirror Stevenb:

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    So, you're argument is flawed.
    BTW--don't assume that just because I believe college students should not carry concealed weapons I'm anti-gun. I'm for pragmatic and responsible gun laws.

  6. #76
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,431

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Me? I was not the one building the "what-if" scenario if the campus had allowed guns there this person would still be alive.

    Yes, please, let's talk about facts, there is no proof that if the campus had allowed guns that this girl would still be alive. Let's stick to facts then.



    Sure there are.



    Guns are used 1.5 million times a year for self defense according to a study conducted under liberal bill clinton:


    Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense with a firearm every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America"a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.



    I have facts, you, Hazlenut, and others only have emotions to make excuses to let people get slaughtered.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #77
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,431

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Great adendum.
    What say you of the big push in Nashville for the right to carry, "In Bars"?
    The votes to approve were all very heavily in favor, the bill was passed, then vetoed by the Governor. One stpulation was that he who carries may NOT drink while carrying.
    It strikes me as a strange concept, but if you`re going to be around drunk criminals, in a bar, who are carrying, and you want to protect your date, loved one , friends,...etc, It makes a little sense.
    I am not strongly for or against the idea, it just strikes me as a hrad sell, a bit strange, in a gun fearing- gun grabbing world, to try to pass a bill called, "The right to carry a concealed weapon in a Bar".
    Sober...OK. Just add ONE little drink, and the gun can be the wrong thing to have around. The law does say, "NO DRINKING allowed". Whats your opinion ?

    BTW there is at least 1 shoot-out each month in Nashville clubs or bars. It is primarily a cultural phenomenon though. Folks like Packman Jones, now liveing in infamy, after the club shoot-out which resulted in an innocent man being parlyzed for life.



    That's the stickler.


    You get caught .05-.08 whatever armed, you should be in a heap of trouble. Alchohol makes you stupid...


    My feeling is the same thing with motorcycles. I see these idiot putters (harleys) Lecture me on my leather racing suit and my sport bike about how I am gonna kill myself or why do I wear all that gear, Meanwhile they are all headed out in t shirts jeans and fake helmets to a bar that gives any motorcyclist "2 dollar buds" all night long....


    Alchohol and guns do not mix. I would have less of a problem of a ban in bars, than a ban on school campuses. That said, ultimatley I am like you, I think.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #78
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Really? "sheepdogs" deter people like this every day.
    Again, how would a sheepdog deter an insane dude from stabbing this girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Yes, I know all about the small towns in Texas or wherever that overall stats crime came down when carry laws were loosened. But anybody who thinks that would work in L.A. or NYC is talking out of his ass.
    DC is a shining example of a city where guns are completely banned and crime is almost non-existent.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #79
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Again, how would a sheepdog deter an insane dude from stabbing this girl?



    DC is a shining example of a city where guns are completely banned and crime is almost non-existent.
    I really hope you're being sarcastic.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  10. #80
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,431

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Again, how would a sheepdog deter an insane dude from stabbing this girl?
    Two in the chest, one in the brain housing group.

    Maybe she gets stabbed once. She gets to keep the cabeza, no?

    DC is a shining example of a city where guns are completely banned and crime is almost non-existent.


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •