Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 222

Thread: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

  1. #121
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by goshin View Post
    blah. Even i'm getting tired of this thread. Same old crap, round and round.

    Is not, is too.

    Is not, is too.

    Is not, is too.

    Guns bad. Guns good. Guns bad. Guns good.

    Whatever. I'm working with my state grassroots organization to change the carry laws in my state, removing many of the restrictions including those against permit-holders carrying in schools. We almost got it last year, we'll keep trying until we get it passed. Then we'll have something real to talk about, about how this presumed rash of accidental shootings at colleges in sc didn't happen, just like the initial "wild west scenario" hysteria over shall-issue permits didn't happen.

    Where's tucker case when you need him? He'd say something different.

    Good nite all.


    G.
    guns are good!
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #122
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    guns are good!
    I vote bad.

  3. #123
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Blah. Even I'm getting tired of this thread. Same old crap, round and round.

    Is not, is too.

    Is not, is too.

    Is not, is too.

    Guns bad. Guns good. Guns bad. Guns good.

    Whatever. I'm working with my state grassroots organization to change the carry laws in my state, removing many of the restrictions including those against permit-holders carrying in schools. We almost got it last year, we'll keep trying until we get it passed. Then we'll have something real to talk about, about how this presumed rash of accidental shootings at colleges in SC didn't happen, just like the initial "wild west scenario" hysteria over shall-issue permits didn't happen.

    Where's Tucker Case when you need him? He'd say something different.

    Good nite all.


    G.



    you are so right brother. I rarely enter the 2nd amendment threads historically.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #124
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You are absolutley right, the "fear" argument is used on both sides... however...

    Question. if you are that one, what do statistics matter?

    Statistice I have produced have clearly showed that more guns to not equal more death. so, personally if something made you safer... then..... what do you do?


    I went to UNM part time when I was in the service. I carried a "derringer" in my front pocket cause the bike ride from central to the wyoming gate was more than interesting.....


    there was a shooting by a madman one night, half hour after I left.


    You never know.
    Now you know you would call me on anecdotal evidence. Overall, college campuses are very safe, calling for guns on campuses to prevent a madman who 99.9999999999 % or so of college students will never encounter is silly.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I vote bad.
    Yeah, bad in the hands of douchebags.

    Fortunately my own made up statistics say that 98% of people who have the balls to own guns are not douchebags when it comes to guns.

    I guess Im glad there are douchebags that don't have the balls to own guns.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #126
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Now you know you would call me on anecdotal evidence. Overall, college campuses are very safe, calling for guns on campuses to prevent a madman who 99.9999999999 % or so of college students will never encounter is silly.


    anecdotal yes. however, i think your statistics are irrelevant to my "empirical data" and potentially being that one.

    I have shown statistically, that it hurts no one to have guns around by law abiding citizens, Therefore, if one chose to carry, to prevent from being that .000000000009%, what is your argument against CCW on campus?


    I am not convinced your statistic is correct either.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #127
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yeah, bad in the hands of douchebags.

    Fortunately my own made up statistics say that 98% of people who have the balls to own guns are not douchebags when it comes to guns.

    I guess Im glad there are douchebags that don't have the balls to own guns.
    I say that 97 % of the statistics I make up are credible though!

  8. #128
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Now you know you would call me on anecdotal evidence. Overall, college campuses are very safe, calling for guns on campuses to prevent a madman who 99.9999999999 % or so of college students will never encounter is silly.
    And the probability of this actually occurring is rising by the second.

    People are targeting Schools more often than Malls. Im having a hard time figuring out why this is occurring than for no other reason that the crazies that want to kill people are picking what I would consider a "soft target".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #129
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    anecdotal yes. however, i think your statistics are irrelevant to my "empirical data" and potentially being that one.

    I have shown statistically, that it hurts no one to have guns around by law abiding citizens, Therefore, if one chose to carry, to prevent from being that .000000000009%, what is your argument against CCW on campus?


    I am not convinced your statistic is correct either.
    The only statistic that matters right now if that the Wings are up two games to none!

    I am not really arguing against guns much here. I do think guns on campuses and churches and courthouses are bad, but that is about it. I am arguing against the idea that people should worry or change what they do in reaction to an occasional lunatic.

  10. #130
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Horrifying Details Emerge in Hearing on Virginia Tech Murder

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And the probability of this actually occurring is rising by the second.

    People are targeting Schools more often than Malls. Im having a hard time figuring out why this is occurring than for no other reason that the crazies that want to kill people are picking what I would consider a "soft target".
    You got some reliable numbers on that? I had a hard time finding current numbers.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •