Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: How to Make Terrorists Talk

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Define Torture, what you call Torture and what I call torture are most likely different. Waterboarding is not Torture I don't care what the rest of the World says and since I had to go thru Waterboarding during SEAR School I'm telling you it's not and I can point you to any Military Pilot of Special Force's Folks who had to go thru SEAR School will tell you the same thing.

    Oh and one other item terrorist don't get the niceties of the Geneva Accords.
    You are certainly welcome to your views. I disagree, and not for any legal reason(I will let others argue with you over that), but for a moral reason. I think torture and physical abuse of prisoners is wrong, and that it makes us a lesser country than we can be to use those techniques. This puts us at an impasse.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Define Torture, what you call Torture and what I call torture are most likely different. Waterboarding is not Torture I don't care what the rest of the World says and since I had to go thru Waterboarding during SEAR School I'm telling you it's not and I can point you to any Military Pilot of Special Force's Folks who had to go thru SEAR School will tell you the same thing.

    Oh and one other item terrorist don't get the niceties of the Geneva Accords.
    Well we are going to disagree on waterboarding, but the point still stands, is torture (even including waterboarding if you don't consider it torture) the only ways to get terrorists to talk?

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are certainly welcome to your views. I disagree, and not for any legal reason(I will let others argue with you over that), but for a moral reason. I think torture and physical abuse of prisoners is wrong, and that it makes us a lesser country than we can be to use those techniques. This puts us at an impasse.
    But here is the thing they aren't Prisoners to be a POW you have to be part of a standing Arm Service hence terrorist don't fall under this discripter hence they don't have any legal items to stand on.

    As for real POW I agree with you but as I have said terrorist are Animals.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    But here is the thing they aren't Prisoners to be a POW you have to be part of a standing Arm Service hence terrorist don't fall under this discripter hence they don't have any legal items to stand on.

    As for real POW I agree with you but as I have said terrorist are Animals.
    I did not reference the law in my post. I am not commenting on the legality of using EIT's(or torture, I hate euphemisms) as they where used, only on my beliefs concerning the morality of using them.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not reference the law in my post. I am not commenting on the legality of using EIT's(or torture, I hate euphemisms) as they where used, only on my beliefs concerning the morality of using them.
    But here is the problem with your stand ( which I can understand) the Terrorist have no problem with using Bomb Laden Children to walk into shopping Bazars and blowing them up or attacking Military folks from behind Mosque and Churchs or beheading a reporter.

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    But here is the problem with your stand ( which I can understand) the Terrorist have no problem with using Bomb Laden Children to walk into shopping Bazars and blowing them up or attacking Military folks from behind Mosque and Churchs or beheading a reporter.
    Uh, yeah. And? I don't see what that has to do with what I am saying. Terrorists are bad people without morals and scruples. I agree with that. We are better I hope.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    But here is the problem with your stand ( which I can understand) the Terrorist have no problem with using Bomb Laden Children to walk into shopping Bazars and blowing them up or attacking Military folks from behind Mosque and Churchs or beheading a reporter.
    Yes, so does that mean that if the enemy rapes women, we should allow our soldiers to rape women? Of course not. Just because the enemy does something bad, does not justify us to use torture IMO.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, so does that mean that if the enemy rapes women, we should allow our soldiers to rape women? Of course not. Just because the enemy does something bad, does not justify us to use torture IMO.
    No they should be charge and if guilty the full force of the law yused against them. Once again I say define Torture I'm guessing my views are 100% different then everyone else on this board.

  9. #39
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    No they should be charge and if guilty the full force of the law yused against them. Once again I say define Torture I'm guessing my views are 100% different then everyone else on this board.
    Nah, they are not. Lots of people have the same or similar views. I am just not one of them, though I do agree that terrorists should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and while generally anti-death penalty, I would not argue too loudly in this case.

  10. #40
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,459

    Re: How to Make Terrorists Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    I disapprove of all acts of violence.
    Most people getting shot stabbed or blown up generally do.
    Thank you

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •