Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

  1. #1
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    WASHINGTON (CNN) Sen. Carl Levin, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told a Washington audience this week that claims by former Vice President Dick Cheney that classified CIA memos showed that enhanced interrogation techniques like waterboarding worked were lies.
    Levin calls Cheneys claims a lie


    There you go.. Sorry Dick, your train ride of propaganda and lies is over.

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Levin calls Cheneys claims a lie


    There you go.. Sorry Dick, your train ride of propaganda and lies is over.
    Until and unless the documents are declassified, it's all supposition. Though I do know Mr. Levin, and tend to trust him, so I suspect he will be proved right if the documents are released.

  3. #3
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    I'm sure when we finally find out what is in those two (2 documents out of how many thousands?!?!) CIA documents we will see why Cheney asked for them, specifically to be declassified. There is something in them that keeps them classified, and he knows it.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #4
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I'm sure when we finally find out what is in those two (2 documents out of how many thousands?!?!) CIA documents we will see why Cheney asked for them, specifically to be declassified. There is something in them that keeps them classified, and he knows it.
    Levin has seen Cheney's two documents, and says Cheney is lying. No surprise and.....case closed.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Levin calls Cheneys claims a lie


    There you go.. Sorry Dick, your train ride of propaganda and lies is over.
    So one of the biggest morons and liars sitting in the Congress today should be taken at his word? You make me laugh.

    Here's what this asinine butt clown said:

    "Cheney's world view, which so dominated the Bush years and dishonored our nation, gained a little traction last week -- enough to persuade me to address it head-on here tonight," Levin said. "I do so because if the abusive interrogation techniques that he champions, the face of which were the pictures of abuse at Abu Ghraib, if they are once more seen as representative of America, our security will be severely set back."

    What a preposterous and offensive moron. Yeah, I will certainly believe EVERYTHING this butt clown has to say.

    What the "F" does Abu Ghraib even have to do with the debate? Butt clowns like Levin are evidence of the asinine rabid attempts of unethical lying leftists attempts to do nothing more than continue to impugn their political opponents in the court of public opinion which does NOTHING but place the citizens of this once great nation at greater risk for future attacks.

  6. #6
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Levin has seen Cheney's two documents, and says Cheney is lying. No surprise and.....case closed.
    How do you know Levin isn't lieing to save his ass? DOn't you think the people who are currently in power(who isn't cheney, as of Jan. 20), WOULD have every reason to lie?

    I say we should look at them ourselves. No reason to trust Cheney or Levin now.

  7. #7
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post

    "Cheney's world view, which so dominated the Bush years and dishonored our nation, gained a little traction last week -- enough to persuade me to address it head-on here tonight," Levin said. "I do so because if the abusive interrogation techniques that he champions, the face of which were the pictures of abuse at Abu Ghraib, if they are once more seen as representative of America, our security will be severely set back."
    So, for those people in the rest of the world, and some here in the US, when they think of the US and torture, they think of the images from Abu Ghraib. It's not fair, it's not right, but some people do think of us kinda like you think of Mr Levin.

    By the way, I know Carl Levin, and I would not describe him as either "moron" or "liar".

  8. #8
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, for those people in the rest of the world, and some here in the US, when they think of the US and torture, they think of the images from Abu Ghraib. It's not fair, it's not right, but some people do think of us kinda like you think of Mr Levin.

    By the way, I know Carl Levin, and I would not describe him as either "moron" or "liar".
    lol, but does he know you? Unless he does, I don't think he cares much about what you think of him. He is a senator and wants to him and all his little friends to remain senators.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    I knew Dick was and is lying..because his lips are moving.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Levin: Memos don't show what Cheney says they do

    Cheney use to live down the street from me in Highland Park Texas. He claimed he lived in Wyoming though during the election.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •