Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Jerk of the knee alert!

    I see you failed to read the initial post.
    It's his own party that's questioning this.

    .
    I know. That changes nothing of what I posted. Let me be a little clear. Right now, the far right non elected party leaders, the R(ush)N(ewt)C(oulter) are doing everything to smear Sotomayer. As the counter information is not getting as rapidly disseminated, and in the battle of the soundbites the RNC is at an early lead, a couple democrats are worrried. I am saying it's too early to be really worried, let's get some real information out to counter the RNC and see what happens.

  2. #22
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I know. That changes nothing of what I posted. Let me be a little clear. Right now, the far right non elected party leaders, the R(ush)N(ewt)C(oulter) are doing everything to smear Sotomayer. As the counter information is not getting as rapidly disseminated, and in the battle of the soundbites the RNC is at an early lead, a couple democrats are worrried. I am saying it's too early to be really worried, let's get some real information out to counter the RNC and see what happens.
    LOL. This is the like the musings of the stereotypical leftwing bots.

    Don't make me think about anything, just spoonfeed me "my thoughts", all mixed in with a couple of strawmen and caricatures.

    Is this the garbage the public edjewcashun system pumps out now?

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    LOL. This is the like the musings of the stereotypical leftwing bots.

    Don't make me think about anything, just spoonfeed me "my thoughts", all mixed in with a couple of strawmen and caricatures.

    Is this the garbage the public edjewcashun system pumps out now?
    I would recommend reading a bit of my postings, especially on this issue, before you call me a "left wing bot".

  4. #24
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    White House urged to address 'racist' charge - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com

    What caught my eye about this story is that the folks urging Sotomayor to take the comment back are members of Dear Leader's own party. His supposed friends and allies are practically admitting that Sotomayor's comment was fundamentally racist, even in context. There's no closing ranks rallying around Dear Leader or even Sotomayor, which I halfway expected.

    So will Dear Leader follow the advice of others in his own party, or will he ignore everyone and let the story play on?
    W O W......! What more can we ask for from this one,..."Sotamayor"?

  5. #25
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I know. That changes nothing of what I posted. Let me be a little clear. Right now, the far right non elected party leaders, the R(ush)N(ewt)C(oulter) are doing everything to smear Sotomayer. As the counter information is not getting as rapidly disseminated, and in the battle of the soundbites the RNC is at an early lead, a couple democrats are worrried. I am saying it's too early to be really worried, let's get some real information out to counter the RNC and see what happens.
    Newt Gingrich called Sotomayor a racist, and correctly pointed out that, were she white and her hypothetical of wise Latina and white man reversed, she would be pilloried and excoriated as such.

    The Anti-Republicans are agreeing with Newt.

    How exactly is that a "smear"? When both sides say she needs to retract what she said, that's not a smear, that's a case of Sotomayor foot in Sotomayor mouth.

    What is interesting is the less than vigorous defense she's getting from Dear Leader's team, as well as the rest of the lunatic left. Being female and Hispanic, and thus a presumably "historic" appointment to the Supreme Court bench, aren't they supposed to be fawning all over her minority-ness? That is the sort of hypocritical, prejudicial, we-say-we're-not-racist-but-race-is-all-we-can-see view they have of the world.

    So what's wrong with her? Salsa not spicy enough?

  6. #26
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    LOL. This is the like the musings of the stereotypical leftwing bots.

    Don't make me think about anything, just spoonfeed me "my thoughts", all mixed in with a couple of strawmen and caricatures.

    Is this the garbage the public edjewcashun system pumps out now?
    I find myself assigning you, your first and second "Thanks", in DP.
    Welcome to DP, and may I introduce you to the most PC, bleeding heart bot, of all the liberals amongst us. Meet Redress.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Welcome to DP, and may I introduce you to the most PC, bleeding heart bot, of all the liberals amongst us. Meet Redress.
    If Redress is the best leftist asshat you've got here, that's pretty freaking sad.

  8. #28
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The problem is that she did the opposite.

    She's a racist and is not fit to sit on the SCOTUS.
    ...,and a dangerous racist activist judge, at that.

  9. #29
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    If Redress is the best leftist asshat you've got here, that's pretty freaking sad.
    Sad indeed.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: White House urged to address 'racist' charge

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Newt Gingrich called Sotomayor a racist, and correctly pointed out that, were she white and her hypothetical of wise Latina and white man reversed, she would be pilloried and excoriated as such.

    The Anti-Republicans are agreeing with Newt.

    How exactly is that a "smear"? When both sides say she needs to retract what she said, that's not a smear, that's a case of Sotomayor foot in Sotomayor mouth.
    Tactically, she probably should retract it. However, morally, she has done very little wrong here.

    It is pure idiocy to put 'white man' in where 'latina woman' is, and think that proves anything except make the statement unfathomable. Do you think she might have possibly, just possibly, meant something totally obvious: that the experience of being oppressed due to membership in two of the oppressed groups in our society could have made her wiser? You and every one else bent on creating a tempest in a teapot are busy ignoring this obvious non-racist meaning, even though you know it to be true.

    In short, the obvious meaning of what she said is: "I am wiser because I have experienced racism directed at me. I am wiser because I have experienced chauvinism directed at me." I cannot express how incredibly and plainly stupid it is to be convinced that she is somehow racist. What would not be stupid would be to pretend that you believed she is racist in order to attempt to hurt her politically.

    So, are ya' stupid or just playing games?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •