Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 225

Thread: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

  1. #31
    Advisor NDNdancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On the Edge
    Last Seen
    03-12-12 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    523

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    It's not only Patraeus (R's 2012 "dream candidate")who endorses Obama's plan, but it's also the former Secretary of State, General Colin Powell, current Defense Secretary Gates, current Chair of the Joint Chiefs, Mullen....... current and past top military officers.....

    Looks like "close air support" with lots of "fruit salad" supporting Obama.

    They've all come out within this past week in support of Obama closing GITMO.
    I am a Tiki Bar Tarte, do you really think you can Tango with me?!?
    "A Nation is not defeated, until the hearts of it's women lay on the ground" Tsitisisis (Cheyenne) saying

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Just checking on this: does this mean that every time Coulter opens her mouth and says something stupid, I can blame all of you on the right and talk about how you sicken me?
    If you wanna look ridiculous, sure. There's a big difference between forcing a relationship between a single pundit and the entire party and seeing a correlation between a driving economic and activist force within a party.

    By Gibberish's own account...3 million. 1 Anne Coulter does not equal 3 million moveon loons.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Sorry the Rev got my wound up with his ignorant over generalizations.
    My thoughts are that they will no doubt praise him for his endorsement. Though while condemning him for his previous decisions, thank him for finally coming around.

    MoveOn is a ludicrous group of individuals.
    I am always amused when Liberals suffer from selective outrage over Conservatives "ignorant" over generalizations but then thank their own for much the same rhetoric.

    But rather than support your claims with facts to counter Reverend, you would rather engage in insulting personal attacks than credible debate; this would pretty much define hypocrisy.


  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    If you wanna look ridiculous, sure. There's a big difference between forcing a relationship between a single pundit and the entire party and seeing a correlation between a driving economic and activist force within a party.

    By Gibberish's own account...3 million. 1 Anne Coulter does not equal 3 million moveon loons.
    Moveon does not represent the left as a whole, or even a large part. It's basically a lobbying organization, with a few other things thrown in. It is no more the voice of the left, than Coulter is the face of the right. Like I suspect most left wing people, I agree with MoveOn sometimes, disagree sometimes. Like many left wingers, I was pissed at the General Betrayus comment.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Just checking on this: does this mean that every time Coulter opens her mouth and says something stupid, I can blame all of you on the right and talk about how you sicken me?
    That depends; I am sure your notions about what constitutes stupid are much different than mine.

    But rather than farcically branding an obviously highly intelligent woman as being stupid, why not debate her claims and show where they could be stupid?


  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by NDNdancer View Post
    It's not only Patraeus (R's 2012 "dream candidate")who endorses Obama's plan, but it's also the former Secretary of State, General Colin Powell, current Defense Secretary Gates, current Chair of the Joint Chiefs, Mullen....... current and past top military officers.....

    Looks like "close air support" with lots of "fruit salad" supporting Obama.

    They've all come out within this past week in support of Obama closing GITMO.
    What Obama plan is there? Please share it with us because I have not seen a "plan" yet.

    And if there is no "plan", how can all these people you quote agree with it?

  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    That depends; I am sure your notions about what constitutes stupid are much different than mine.

    But rather than farcically branding an obviously highly intelligent woman as being stupid, why not debate her claims and show where they could be stupid?

    What is "farcical" is that I said when she said something stupid, not that she is stupid, and you twisted that to mean something else.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Moveon does not represent the left as a whole, or even a large part. It's basically a lobbying organization, with a few other things thrown in. It is no more the voice of the left, than Coulter is the face of the right. Like I suspect most left wing people, I agree with MoveOn sometimes, disagree sometimes. Like many left wingers, I was pissed at the General Betrayus comment.
    My point is that it is highly influential. It is also relevant how moveon reacts to this development as it is a signal of how the most extreme leftists are prone to behave.

  9. #39
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,649

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I haven't seen MoveOn praise Petraeus yet but of course if he now is in agreement with what MoveOn feels is right then of course they would.

    Would you find yourself a hypocrite if you found yourself praising someone for agreeing with you even if you previously attacked them for their previous stance?



    they essentially called him a traitor. It's a matter of degrees.


    Read the add:


    http://cdn.moveon.org/pac/content/pa...raeusNYTad.pdf


    Is this man who they called a liar, now telling the truth, only when he agrees with thier agenda?


    F those kooks.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #40
    User Groucho Marx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    06-03-09 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    69

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    MoveOn.org no more represents the Dem party than Fox represents the Repub party.
    That doesn't stop Democrats from claiming that Fox is the official mouthpiece of the GOP. Stop being so disingenuous.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    General Petraeus is just the latest military leader to back yet another of Obama's decisions.
    On those other occasions, it was because Obama was acting exactly like Bush. But in this case, it's because anyone can make a mistake now and then -- even Petraeus.
    We are all products of our environment. Barack Obama comes from the same environment that produced Rod Blagojevich, Tony Rezko and Richard J. Daley. Expecting Obama to clean up corruption in Washington is like picking a person who lived his entire adult life in a whorehouse, and claiming that he's a virgin.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •