Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 225

Thread: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

  1. #191
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I suppose you'd have to ask Lerxst. *shrug*
    So, rather than discuss the issue, you're here simply to attack me.

    OK then - let me know when you post something worth reading.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I dont recall you being this generous with GWB...?
    Because Bush's admin planned for the invasion to end with the troops dodging flowers and hugs from the Iraqi's in Baghdad. Not IEDs and rocket launchers.

    If Bush would have went into this expecting the unstable country to not fully embrace Democracy as the next coming of Christ the outcome may have been different.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  3. #193
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Because Bush's admin planned for the invasion to end with the troops dodging flowers and hugs from the Iraqi's in Baghdad. Not IEDs and rocket launchers.
    I believe the effective response to that is:
    "No plan survives contact with the enemy"
    So... what's your point?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 06-01-09 at 04:31 PM.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I believe the effective response to that is:
    "No plan survises contact with the enemy"
    So... what's your point?
    The point is the Bush didn't plan for an enemy to exist.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  5. #195
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    The point is the Bush didn't plan for an enemy to exist.
    Ok... and The Obama?
    What did He not plan for, and how is that sufficiently different to as to give Him an excuse?

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Why would I be? Bush knowingly started out with an abortion of a plan and just continued to push it.
    ...because you say so. You continue to confuse substance and facts for personal opinion and hyperbole. I am hardly surprised by this level of denial.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Because Bush's admin planned for the invasion to end with the troops dodging flowers and hugs from the Iraqi's in Baghdad. Not IEDs and rocket launchers.

    If Bush would have went into this expecting the unstable country to not fully embrace Democracy as the next coming of Christ the outcome may have been different.
    ...because you say so. You continue to confuse substance and facts for personal opinion and hyperbole as Lerxst does. I am hardly surprised by this level of denial.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Quoted for truth.

    The rest I'll let you argue with yourself on.
    Is this another fast break running away from your outright hypocrisy and a lack of substance and facts again?

  9. #199
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    ...because you say so. You continue to confuse substance and facts for personal opinion and hyperbole as Lerxst does. I am hardly surprised by this level of denial.
    What substance and facts am I confusing?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #200
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ok... and The Obama?
    What did He not plan for, and how is that sufficiently different to as to give Him an excuse?
    He didn't plan for it to rain skittles?? what does it matter what he doesn't plan for? It matters what he does plan for and that his plan is realistic.

    Bush planned to be greeted as liberators, for flowers and champagne to fill the streets, and to experience no more then a few months of conflict. This is backed by comments made by himself and his admin and the fact that his admin believed we could successfully invade, topple the government, control anarchy, and rebuild a country of 31 million with a minimal number of forces and equipment.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •