Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 225

Thread: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Sure he has. He has endorsed the current direction and planning to close GITMO.
    Who is talking about a "current direction?" I didn't see that in the premise of this thread. How is this direction any different from the PREVIOUS administration?

    The premise of the thread was clear; it maintains that Petreaus endorsed Obama’s PLAN to close Gitmo. There is no Obama PLAN and Petreaus did not endorse anything in his comments.

    Please indicate the exact quote where Petreaus is endorsing Obama’s plans.

    What part of this premise do you NOT get?

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So here we have the Republicans favorite General endorsing The Presidents plan to close Gitmo. In fact he says "I think, sends an important message to the world, as does the commitment of the United States to observe the Geneva Convention when it comes to the treatment of detainees."
    I'm curious to hear what the torture deniers have to say about this Four Star General's comments reguarding closing Gitmo and His Endorsment of President Obama?

    Do they still support this troop?
    I have to laugh at the blatant absurdity of the assertion that Petreaus is JUST a Republicans favorite General.

    Now you are free to make this all about ME, or you can specifically address the thread premise.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    It seems a lot of Obama's decisions are the same as George Bush's. But Obama doesn't get viciously attacked the way Bush did. Some things are just the way they are and it has nothing to do with George Bush as Obama is finding out.

    Bush said that he wanted us out of Guantanamo long before he left office.
    Yeah and like closing gitmo, lil shrub said a LOT of things that he never followed through on.

  3. #123
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Yeah, it kinda works like this: when the dog ****s on the carpet you say "bad doggy" and when he chases off the burglar you say "good doggy". Just because the dog **** on the carpet doesn't mean the dog is forever worthless.


    your ilk accused him of treason, akin to that doggy mauling a child. you now want to say "good doggie" because he stopped pissing on your carpet?


    Nice priorities. SO you admit the move on assholes labled an honorable man a traitor, simply because he did not tow the moveon agenda, but see no problem with now embracing whom they one called a traitor because he agreed with a policy that fits said agenda?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Pity the headline is not the content.
    He's not endorsing anything he's barely taking any position.
    He in effect said nothing.

    Learn to read.


    Besides you lefties DESPISE him for being an American and a WINNER..
    SO now you losers want to use him in order to validate the trash you elected.
    Forget it..the left/Democrats use of this man has no credibility whatsoever.


    Laughable from initial headline to attempted overall use.
    Last edited by Triad; 05-29-09 at 05:41 PM.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by NDNdancer View Post
    Actually, it's an Executive Order, which has the force of law. If you note the date it was signed, it's clear you couldn't have actually expected a full bore plan? I know you have faith in Obama's abilities, but two days is a stretch, even for him.

    Now, before they can proceed, the reviews of the detainees have to be completed. With over 300 detainees, I'm thinking that might take some time. They won't know what needs to be done next until they know the case against each detainee and the status of that case.

    Obama was premature in going to congress so soon for the funding, a minor "cart before the horse" procedural blunder. It was also the Dem's way to flex a little and show Obama some muscle in a relatively minor way that didn't cost him or them.

    You went on for 12 pages on this debate over one word, slapping yourselves on the back over "plan". Congratulations.... brilliant debating style.

    Next time, why don't we do hanging participles eh?..... Only let's not go on for 12 pages, deal?
    It is an Executive Order to REVIEW what it would take to close Gitmo; how can you assert this is a PLAN that was endorsed by Petreaus? Are you seriously unable to make the distinction between an actual PLAN and a PROPOSAL?

    Did you read the article and farcical premise of the thread author who even went so far as to suggest that Petreaus was merely a Republicans favorite general?

  6. #126
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Yeah and like closing gitmo, lil shrub said a LOT of things that he never followed through on.



    So when will we have all the troops out of Iraq?


    When did chairman maobama promise?


    How is he doing on this timeline?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #127
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Who is talking about a "current direction?" I didn't see that in the premise of this thread. How is this direction any different from the PREVIOUS administration?

    The premise of the thread was clear; it maintains that Petreaus endorsed Obama’s PLAN to close Gitmo. There is no Obama PLAN and Petreaus did not endorse anything in his comments.

    Please indicate the exact quote where Petreaus is endorsing Obama’s plans.

    What part of this premise do you NOT get?

    Obama's PLAN is to close GITMO. Petraeus supports the close of GITMO. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

    I have a plan to get lunch. Does the fact that I don't know if I am going to get a sandwich or salad mean I am not getting lunch?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Truth Detector insists writing nonsense responses over parcing words.

    Supporting----endorsing.....Salad bar....
    How trite coming from the person who made this farcical claim:

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So here we have the Republicans favorite General endorsing The Presidents plan to close Gitmo. In fact he says "I think, sends an important message to the world, as does the commitment of the United States to observe the Geneva Convention when it comes to the treatment of detainees."
    I'm curious to hear what the torture deniers have to say about this Four Star General's comments reguarding closing Gitmo and His Endorsment of President Obama?

    Do they still support this troop?
    Carry on.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I am neutral and still respect Petraeus. I am wondering how those who lambasted him as a traitor before are going to react to him now that he is voicing an opinion they agree with.
    Well if that's truly your intention then go find the thread from 2007 and see who was bashing Petraeus and then ask your question to them.

  10. #130
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    As a request, is there any way we could cut out the 5 year old, school yard idiocies of "Shrub" and "Maobama" by any chance and have...I don't know...a grown up conversation? If not, cool, no need to respond. But I figure its worth putting in the request.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •