Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 225

Thread: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I disagree with this troop, and think it is premature to close Gitmo.


    though I won't call him a traitor like some kooks did who now are sucking up to him....
    I did notice you were the very first in this thread to refer to him a "Betrayus".

    Is that some sideways shister way of not calling him a traitor?

    Please link those "KOOKS" who are now sucking up to him?

    Are you sure it's not just a figment of a wild partisian imagination?
    Last edited by goldendog; 05-29-09 at 05:09 PM.

  2. #102
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,499

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I disagree with this troop, and think it is premature to close Gitmo.
    Concise. Conveys your opinion well. It's good to disagree from time to time.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I would say it's the plan that the Department of Justice is working on that Petraeus spoke of. That would be the plan.
    Looking at the article which was posted to support the false premise that Petreaus endorses Obamas plan, because no plan currently exists, I would argue that this is wild speculation on your part.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by gree0232 View Post
    I think you are splitting hairs.

    Plans at the level are not one page documents that are submitted on web sites for casual purusal.

    What I can say is that there is definitely a plan in the works where most of the details are in place or GEN Petreaus would not have come out in support of the 'process' involving the closing of gitmo.

    In fact, just like his brief to Congress, he came out in support of the 'process' for Iraq. If you think there is one document that GEN Petreaus and his staff wrote that moved the situation in Iraq along .... well, you are wrong.

    Even a base order, is subject to review and revision as it is implimented. Plans change as the enemy votes by his response, as new opportunities open up or close, etc.

    Is the 'plan' finalized? Probably not. Is there plan moving along to meet the Presidents intent and not create a constitutional crisis? Is GEN Petreaus, the military commander of the region where most of the prisoners are returning to involved in that process and is that involvement likely benficial?

    Do you want a briefing from GEN Petreaus? I am sure you can head on down to CENTCOM HQ in Florida and ask. Good luck.
    No, it happens to be YOU who is splitting hairs in this argument; my claims are purely based on the FACTS: that currently there is NOT an "Obama Plan" as expressed in the thread premise for Petreaus to actually be "endorsing" and that Petreaus comments that are contained in the article which was used to support the FALSE premise suggest nothing of the sort that this is an endorsement of anything other than previously released statements by others and even those in the Bush Administration.

  5. #105
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,803

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    I did notice you were the very first in this thread to refer to him a "Betrayus".

    This is a lie. In order to look respectable and demonstrate integrity and good character, please refrain from lying about what I refered to this General as.

    Is that some sideways shister way of not calling him a traitor?
    He is not a traitor, Seems a very honorable man to me.

    Please link those "KOOKS" who are now sucking up to him?

    MoveOn.org: Democracy in Action
    Daily Kos: State of the Nation
    CODEPINK*:*Index
    Democratic Underground


    Find em yourself. Start here.



    Are you sure it's not just a figment of a wild partisian imagination?



    Obviously, not.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by NDNdancer View Post
    The plan was and is....... to close GITMO & end torture. The details of how, the actual nitty gritty details which have you all so rabid, hasn't been developed. I am pretty certain, given the detail of the other issues "planned" and executed by Obama, there will be a plan and soon.

    Although there may not be a concrete plan, there is a plan of action that was outlined in the EO. Here you go, chew on this a while. Although I doubt you wanted any real debate, but rather just to divert attention from the fact that GITMO will be closed in spite of the vitriolic, PLANLESS, idea dessert of the lanscape trod by what passes for the right today. Man, you guys have as much gas as Limbaugh.

    Anyway, here's the bare bones of the plan outlined in the EO and signed a few months ago:



    I helpfully highlighted and bolded the part I know you're going to want to "debate" in such lucid style and grace that we'll all be eager to discuss it with you.
    This document is a request for a REVIEW. The word REVIEW appears throughout the document. A REVIEW is not a PLAN by any stretch of the imagination unless you are a partisan desperately grasping at straws.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So does that mean the you agree with the General decision to endorse OBama and do you support the recommendation coming from this troop?
    The General never endorsed anything. Why do you keep making this false statement?

  8. #108
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,499

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Looking at the article which was posted to support the false premise that Petreaus endorses Obamas plan, because no plan currently exists, I would argue that this is wild speculation on your part.
    And you would be very incorrect, both factually and logically.

    Thanks for playing.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #109
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,499

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Dude, you should never link so much vileness in one post. You know the rules! The ****in' server is probably gonna go down now.

    Last edited by Lerxst; 05-29-09 at 05:24 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Petraeus Endorses Obama's Plans To Close GITMO, End Torture

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The General never endorsed anything. Why do you keep making this false statement?
    I tied to find a crayon to write this in so you would better understand it.

    Is Petreaus supporting Obama?

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •