Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

  1. #1
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Disney Dude keep saying more and more people in this country are embracing Gay Marriage..These two polls (one a Gallup) say otherwise.


    Baptist Press - Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise - News with a Christian Perspective

    Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise


    Posted on May 27, 2009 | by Michael Foust
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)--A handful of state legislatures may be embracing "gay marriage," but two new polls show that Americans -- as well as Californians -- are not.

    A Gallup poll of 1,015 adults released Wednesday (May 27) shows that Americans oppose legalizing "gay marriage" by a margin of 57-40 percent, the highest opposition has been in the poll since 2005, when a similar survey showed a margin of 59-37 percent against "gay marriage." The poll was conducted May 7-10 via landline and cell phones.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #2
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Disney Dude keep saying more and more people in this country are embracing Gay Marriage..These two polls (one a Gallup) say otherwise.


    Baptist Press - Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise - News with a Christian Perspective

    Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise


    Posted on May 27, 2009 | by Michael Foust
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (BP)--A handful of state legislatures may be embracing "gay marriage," but two new polls show that Americans -- as well as Californians -- are not.

    A Gallup poll of 1,015 adults released Wednesday (May 27) shows that Americans oppose legalizing "gay marriage" by a margin of 57-40 percent, the highest opposition has been in the poll since 2005, when a similar survey showed a margin of 59-37 percent against "gay marriage." The poll was conducted May 7-10 via landline and cell phones.
    Your source is hardly unbiased. Regardless, the polling numbers may shift slightly up and down, but this is an issue that isn't going to go away. People will continue to fight for their rights until they get them just like any other civil rights issue. I'm sure you don't see this as a civil rights issue, but that doesn't change the fact that this issue is going to stay at the forefront.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Your source is hardly unbiased. Regardless, the polling numbers may shift slightly up and down, but this is an issue that isn't going to go away. People will continue to fight for their rights until they get them just like any other civil rights issue. I'm sure you don't see this as a civil rights issue, but that doesn't change the fact that this issue is going to stay at the forefront.
    My source is quoting a Gallup poll taken hardly a partisan organization......just like a lefty though, shoot the messenger..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #4
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    My source is quoting a Gallup poll taken hardly a partisan organization......just like a lefty though, shoot the messenger..............
    No, I don't question the poll results. I question the fact that you used a Christian news article for your source, because obviously they are going to have a bias. And you can try to turn this into a left vs. right argument, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I would have questioned the source if someone posted a similar article from a left wing news organization with completely opposite results. In fact, I have a feeling that you would be criticizing someone for doing that very thing.

    As for the polling results themselves, I seem to recall you changing your views constantly on the bias and validity of polls during the election season whenever it showed Obama ahead.
    Last edited by Dr_Patrick; 05-28-09 at 02:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,301
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    There was actually a link to a galllop poll on this subject yesterday, which showed support for gay marriage steady, and opposition rising by 1 %, which was probably within the margin of error.

    Link: http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...ophilia-6.html

    Your post navy does not have the actual poll results, nor does it provide a link to the poll results.

  6. #6
    Student Goldwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liberal Northern California
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    266

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    My source is quoting a Gallup poll taken hardly a partisan organization......just like a lefty though, shoot the messenger..............
    There is biased, there is severely biased...then there is the Baptist Press and miscellaneous Family Values foundations. If there was data showing acceptance for gay marriage on the rise, they wouldn't publish it al all. Or they'd spin it to suit thier agenda.

    Put yourself in my shoes...would you consider any information from say...MoveOn.org, or Huffington Post regarding this issue?
    Each one of the founding fathers was a special interest group.

  7. #7
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,134

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Too funny Navy!

    You really are grasping to hold onto your last hopes on this issue.

    Unfortunately for you, one single poll showing a slight shift of 2% is hardly proof of your position.

    You have to look at a number of factors including polling, changing demographics, etc.
    Over the last decade there has been a huge shift nationwide in views regarding gay marriage.

    I know that there will be a change in my lifetime. I used to think it would take longer, but am now convinced that it will even happen within your lifetime.

    People in the United States, despite our stubborness, ultimately understand that it is wrong to discriminate. More people are becoming ashamed of their attitudes against gay marriage, just as we grew to become ashamed of our attitudes against inter-racial marriage or believing that women and ethnic minorities were somehow inferior to white males. This same shift is occurring towards the view that gay relationships are somehow inferior to heterosexual ones.
    Young people in this country overwhelmingly are accepting of gays in general, gay marriage in specifics. The shift is already occurring in older voters, add these younger voters into the mix as they grow to voting age and you begin to see how you can only hold your finger in the dam so long, Navy before the cracks overcome your wall.

    ...But keep holding that finger in there Navy....the attitudes of your generation are almost always the last to change.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    The Baptist Press.

    Please get the hell out of BN.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    No, I don't question the poll results. I question the fact that you used a Christian news article for your source, because obviously they are going to have a bias. And you can try to turn this into a left vs. right argument, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I would have questioned the source if someone posted a similar article from a left wing news organization with completely opposite results. In fact, I have a feeling that you would be criticizing someone for doing that very thing.

    As for the polling results themselves, I seem to recall you changing your views constantly on the bias and validity of polls during the election season whenever it showed Obama ahead.

    Again my left wing friend you are shooting the messenger.........They did not do the poll, they just published it...........Gallup did the poll........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #10
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There was actually a link to a galllop poll on this subject yesterday, which showed support for gay marriage steady, and opposition rising by 1 %, which was probably within the margin of error.

    Link: http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...ophilia-6.html

    Your post navy does not have the actual poll results, nor does it provide a link to the poll results.
    You ever hear of Gallup?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •