Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And the poll numbers are the same..........It does not make a difference who cited the poll, what counts is who did the poll!!!!!
    Then I go bck to my original comment in the thread I linked. Margin of error..........

  2. #22
    Student Goldwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liberal Northern California
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    266

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I hate Moveon.org but if they cited a poll published by Gallup, Rasmussen or any of the other nonbiased polling organizations I would believe it.....
    This is just my opinion, but Scott Rasmussen makes regular appearances on Fox News. His polls, as reported on realclearpolitics, are consistantly 5 points higher or lower than the averages in the favor of conservative positions. What Rasmussen does is phrase many of his poll questions in a conservative friendly manner. Here is just one example:

    Matthew Yglesias Scott Rasmussen’s Conservative-Friendly Question-Wording

    Now...Newsweek does the same thing in favor of the Obama administration/liberals about like Rasmussen does for the right. Gallup is also unreliable but plays it both ways. Which is a good sales technique. That way Conservative media (Fox), and Mainstream media are more likely to buy the rights to show the polls that have info thier viewers would like to be correct.

    Even Fox News polls are way more reliable than Rassmussen. Try Quinnipiac and PEW Research.

    Just my oppinion, not trying to be annoying. I follow realclearpolitics obsessively.
    Each one of the founding fathers was a special interest group.

  3. #23
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    No, I don't question the poll results. I question the fact that you used a Christian news article for your source, because obviously they are going to have a bias. And you can try to turn this into a left vs. right argument, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I would have questioned the source if someone posted a similar article from a left wing news organization with completely opposite results. In fact, I have a feeling that you would be criticizing someone for doing that very thing.

    As for the polling results themselves, I seem to recall you changing your views constantly on the bias and validity of polls during the election season whenever it showed Obama ahead.
    ...But this is a left vs right issue anyway,(essentialy), and it isn`t automaticly wrong to be RIGHT or of any other system of beliefs that opposes something as wrong as GAY marriage.
    You argue that its wrong to provide a source which disagrees with you????/LMAO

    OK ! So in the future we`ll check with the opposition, as to which sources are acceptable.

  4. #24
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    ...But this is a left vs right issue anyway,(essentialy), and it isn`t automaticly wrong to be RIGHT or of any other system of beliefs that opposes something as wrong as GAY marriage.
    You argue that its wrong to provide a source which disagrees with you????/LMAO

    OK ! So in the future we`ll check with the opposition, as to which sources are acceptable.
    You may want to familiarize yourself with the BN rules. See, there are specific sections on this forum for partisan or biased news stories. And you are incorrect, this isn't a strictly left vs. right issue. Few issues are that simplistic.

  5. #25
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I hate Moveon.org but if they cited a poll published by Gallup, Rasmussen or any of the other nonbiased polling organizations I would believe it*.....
    *As long as it supports what I want it to say....otherwise I will call them "A biased pollster that only polls liberals"


    Right Navy?

    Keep that finger in the hole in the dam.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #26
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Disney Dude keep saying more and more people in this country are embracing Gay Marriage..These two polls (one a Gallup) say otherwise.
    That would quite an embellishment to say that the Gallup poll says otherwise, when in fact it doesn't show much of a change at all. In fact, within the last 10 years, it shows the exact opposite of what you are claiming. Support for gay marriage has increased quite a bit within the last decade. From the Gallup poll your article cites:



    "PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans' views on same-sex marriage have essentially stayed the same in the past year, with a majority of 57% opposed to granting such marriages legal status and 40% in favor of doing so. Though support for legal same-sex marriage is significantly higher now than when Gallup first asked about it in 1996, in recent years support has appeared to stall, peaking at 46% in 2007."

    While in the short term support for gay marriage may decline, Gallup polls indicate that over the long term, support for gay marriage will likely surpass those who oppose it (note the 18-29 bracket):



    "Younger Americans have typically been much more supportive of same-sex marriage than older Americans, and that is the case in the current poll. A majority of 18- to 29-year-olds think gay or lesbian couples should be allowed to legally marry, while support reaches only as high as 40% among the three older age groups."

    If this trend continues, we may likely see gay marriage take hold in more states as the difference gets smaller and smaller.

    Source: Majority of Americans Continue to Oppose Gay Marriage

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Your source is hardly unbiased. Regardless, the polling numbers may shift slightly up and down, but this is an issue that isn't going to go away. People will continue to fight for their rights until they get them just like any other civil rights issue. I'm sure you don't see this as a civil rights issue, but that doesn't change the fact that this issue is going to stay at the forefront.


    First what Right is that?
    Second which Civil Right is being violated?

    The answer is none....fact that you and many others in this crowd continue to misuse Rights in catchy lines like that is abhorrent. It tells me some of you have no case whatsoever and do not know what your talking about at all.
    Last edited by Triad; 05-28-09 at 07:09 PM.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    *As long as it supports what I want it to say....otherwise I will call them "A biased pollster that only polls liberals"


    Right Navy?

    Keep that finger in the hole in the dam.....
    Gallup is biased because they don't back your liberal views on gay marriage............your a real piece of work DD.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #29
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    I have often said that the government has no right trying to define relationships and should not. As someone suggested CA may decide to remove the definition of marriage and let churches decide what is considered marriage, the state would only issue a "union" permit. I think this is what the entire country should do. Leave it to the people to determin there own definition of marrige and who they chose to marry.

  10. #30
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Polls: Opposition to 'gay marriage' on rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Gallup is biased because they don't back your liberal views on gay marriage............your a real piece of work DD.
    Except that the Gallup poll does not support what you said. As Singularity has pointed out, the Gallup poll shows that support for gay marriage over time has significently gone up. 5% in ten years and 13% since 1995. In the early portion of 2007, objection to gay marriage compared to 1995 fell 15%. That's materially relevant. While the Gallup poll does not suggest that in the past few years that support for gay marriage is gaining huge support, your argument is dishonest based upon your own cited poll.

    Furthermore, Nate Silver, who has proven himself to be one of the best pollsters and analysts has shown that gay marriage bans are becoming harder and harder to pass which suggests you are again wrong. And he bases his analysis on Gallup polls, which you yourself have declared useless when they showed Obama leading McCain.

    FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Will Iowans Uphold Gay Marriage?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •