Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 201

Thread: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

  1. #31
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    So you neither want to see nor hear about the photos? See no evil eh?

    Incorrect.


    I have empathy for the suspected rape victim.


    I see you would rather drag thier images and names through the dirt, for what ends?


    Transparencyis the right thing. The right thing would be to admit what we have done . If you think we've done nothing wrong what is the problem? If you don't I fail to see how a cover up is the right thing to do.



    Who said coverup? Lets see what happened, but releasing images of victims is not the right move.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The problem here is that there are no longer standards that have to be met to get into the military. People now get in with felony records, drug use, and mental problems. This should not be. We need to go back to setting entrance standards for the military that are stricter. Meanwhile, the soldier who raped that kid should be court marshaled and sent before a firing squad.
    But wait...we don't want women in combat, and so we are forced to resort to lowering entrance requirements and sending our male enlistees on longer and longer deployments on a variety of different fronts. It's a non-sustainable scenario.

    *yes, I realize this is an advertisement for one of my pet issues. Sue me.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-28-09 at 11:37 AM.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Who said coverup? Lets see what happened, but releasing images of victims is not the right move.
    Basically, Hellhound is advocating that we treat victims of these rapes with the same decency we do victims of rapes in the U.S.

    Morally and ethically consistent.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The problem here is that there are no longer standards that have to be met to get into the military. People now get in with felony records, drug use, and mental problems. This should not be. We need to go back to setting entrance standards for the military that are stricter. Meanwhile, the soldier who raped that kid should be court marshaled and sent before a firing squad.
    Seriously? Why hire such people to begin with? Does US have a shortage of volunteers or something?

    Nah, too nice.
    I say we drop the rapists in Iraq and allow the kid to hunt him. If he reaches the border, he is safe. If he's caught ... well, he won't be sleeping easy

    I watch way too many movies lmao


  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    There are already Abu Gharib photos which are just as disgusting which is in the public domain, i doubt it would make a difference if some more was just added on it.

    I can see why US should not release the rape photos [privacy of the individual] but then again in the other batch, weren't the faces blocked out? Not to mention our soldiers being put in danger [but then again, they already are a target]
    And I disagree we needed to release those photos as well. We sure as hell needed to prosecute the people responsible, and the photos are certainley to be used as damning evidence against them in the courtroom. But to make these photos public domain, accomplished what exactly? All it accomplished, was to paint a negative picture of all US troops, because of the criminal and irresponsible actions of the few. The impact of releasing photos of this nature are more negative than they are positive, IMO.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  6. #36
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Thing is, it's a difficult thing to prove.
    True dat, but if the trial is public enough, those who fostered this situation will at least have to face some sort of consequence, even if nothing more than public shame.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #37
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    And I disagree we needed to release those photos as well. We sure as hell needed to prosecute the people responsible, and the photos are certainley to be used as damning evidence against them in the courtroom. But to make these photos public domain, accomplished what exactly? All it accomplished, was to paint a negative picture of all US troops, because of the criminal and irresponsible actions of the few. The impact of releasing photos of this nature are more negative than they are positive, IMO.
    The media clamors for pics because they can sell more ads by increasing their circulation/ratings if they paste them everywhere.

    And the average consumer is oblivious to the harm that the images can cause. They just want to "see" it for themselves.

    Releasing these types of pictures only aids the morbid curiosity of people and builds the coffers of the media conglomerates. Overall, releasing them is a detriment to society because these "positives" are actually negatives in the long-term.

    These photos should never be released. They offer no benefits, and have many detriments.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    And I disagree we needed to release those photos as well. We sure as hell needed to prosecute the people responsible, and the photos are certainley to be used as damning evidence against them in the courtroom. But to make these photos public domain, accomplished what exactly? All it accomplished, was to paint a negative picture of all US troops, because of the criminal and irresponsible actions of the few. The impact of releasing photos of this nature are more negative than they are positive, IMO.
    Perhaps but the first release of those photos had started the ball rolling, i supported the release of the first photos. Do you think prosecutions would have happened if the photos weren't leaked? Perhaps in US case it may have, but in UKs case it wouldn't have. Sometimes, public anger gets things done faster.

    Now we know what the new photos may have, it won't just stop. Just release it and get it all over with instead of dragging it out because it won't go away.
    Besides, now that we know what is in the photos, aren't our soldiers still in danger? Its almost as bad as seeing the photos


  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I think releasing them would have had a positive effect if it would have been done as a gesture of denouncing these crimes. What could have been a more powerful message than hearing the American President say "I'm not closing my eyes, not looking the other way, I know what happened and will make sure that it will not happen again".

    They already know what has happened and what is happening daily inside and outside of the prisons. They have the live graphics right in front of their eyes, pictures won't add anything.
    While I agree with you in theory, the truth of the matter is it's just not a practical thing to do. Too many American and coalition lives are at stake to take the risk of the enemy using such photos as propaganda to rally their forces against American and coalition forces.

    No, you don't release these photos, but you do condemn them at every turn and denounce using torture. Condemnation and denouncement should be more than enough to convince the Muslim/Arab world of the current U.S. government's sincerity on the matter. Besides, by Conservative standards, hasn't America apologised enough?

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The media clamors for pics because they can sell more ads by increasing their circulation/ratings if they paste them everywhere.

    And the average consumer is oblivious to the harm that the images can cause. They just want to "see" it for themselves.

    Releasing these types of pictures only aids the morbid curiosity of people and the media conglomerates. Overall, releasing them is a detriment to society because these "positives" are actually negatives in the long-term.

    These photos should never be released. They offer no benefits, and have many detriments.
    Good post. It is almost always a mistake to rely on the ethics of journalists to do the right thing.

    "If it bleeds, it leads."

    I support releasing these photos where they belong:

    In a farking GRAND JURY.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-28-09 at 11:40 AM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •