Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 409

Thread: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

  1. #251
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,284
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    I don't know if you are a little slow or just lack basic reading comprehension, but he is saying he has to take account of those things personally, and that they do not impact his decisions as a judge. He's saying: yes, I have empathy but it does not effect my rulings.

    The question posed to him was basically "You have been branded here as an uncaring azzhole who doesn't care about anyone but rich white people, what can you tell us to contradict that?"
    Read the quote again. Here, I will quote the important part:

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Alito
    And I do take that into account.
    He does take his experiences into account. In other words, you are wrong. In fact, if you where to read his full comments, and read the full lecture that Sotomayer gave, you would see a remarkable similarity.

  2. #252
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,284
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I've read some stuff from them in the past that could definitely be considered bigoted.

    I hate the word racist, most people don't even use it correctly.
    Its almost lost its whole meaning from improper usage.
    Still not meaning much. Some people find the ACLU and NRA as offensive, but both serve a function in today's society. Without evidence, the La Raza accusation is even weaker than the yearbook quote accusation.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    The fact that Newt, Rush and the other doomsdayers are crying about Sotomayer proves that they are in fact the one's that are Racists.

    More of the same old "SORE LOSER" whining...

  4. #254
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Read the quote again. Here, I will quote the important part:



    He does take his experiences into account. In other words, you are wrong. In fact, if you where to read his full comments, and read the full lecture that Sotomayer gave, you would see a remarkable similarity.
    There is a similary in that they are polar opposites when it comes to the laying down the law. Alito says he has empathy for people in certain situations, that while those things may affect him personally, they do not affect his judgments. While Sotomayor says it's more or less impossible for it not to affect her judgments.

    Bolded for the thinking impaired.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Still not meaning much. Some people find the ACLU and NRA as offensive, but both serve a function in today's society. Without evidence, the La Raza accusation is even weaker than the yearbook quote accusation.
    Ok for one thing, I know La Raza supports or at least gives coverage to the Aztlan movement. That has been documented already, and at this very moment I'm trying to find a link that you will accept as non biased.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #256
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,284
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Ok for one thing, I know La Raza supports or at least gives coverage to the Aztlan movement. That has been documented already, and at this very moment I'm trying to find a link that you will accept as non biased.
    Any link would do to start. I can expand and help you look for more if I don't fall asleep first.

  7. #257
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,284
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    There is a similary in that they are polar opposites when it comes to the laying down the law. Alito says he has empathy for people in certain situations, that while those things may affect him personally, they do not affect his judgments. While Sotomayor says it's more or less impossible for it not to affect her judgments.

    Bolded for the thinking impaired.
    That is not what he said, and you are misrepresenting what Sotomayer said. Sorry, try again.

  8. #258
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is not what he said, and you are misrepresenting what Sotomayer said. Sorry, try again.
    That is what he said when you look at the question he was asked and his statement as a whole. And I'm not misrepresenting anything. You seem to be, however.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Any link would do to start. I can expand and help you look for more if I don't fall asleep first.
    I'll give you this one, but I don't consider Michelle Malkin to be a non biased source.

    I suggest you skip her fluff and go straight to what she says are facts.

    La Raza Facts by Michelle Malkin on National Review Online
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'll give you this one, but I don't consider Michelle Malkin to be a non biased source.

    I suggest you skip her fluff and go straight to what she says are facts.

    La Raza Facts by Michelle Malkin on National Review Online
    Michelle Malkin's facts.......

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •