Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 409

Thread: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

  1. #111
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    A intelligent latino woman would be just the change this country needs on the Supreme Court..

    The chances are really good that the will act in more of a responsible manner than any of the old white farts that have been in Washington over the last eight years who were only concerned about their party. That's why they had no problems with dragging our country into the sewer before they got booted out.

    Bye Bye old white fart politics.....good riddance..
    "old white fart politics" is not a racist statement because a liberal said it, and it is about white people, and yet there is no double standard and no hypocrisy or shame.
    Let's figure it out.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by FlappyTheKinkajou View Post
    "old white fart politics" is not a racist statement because a liberal said it, and it is about white people, and yet there is no double standard and no hypocrisy or shame.
    It's about the way our nation has been run for the last 200 plus years..

    It's about time we wake up and change..

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I am not upset with that quote because reaching a better "conclusion" does not mean that she is calling the old white men less wise but possibly that her conclusion could be better becasuse of her experiences which are diferent than the old white men.

    So it's not a take away from the old white men but an additive by her experiences.

    Isn't that possible !!!!!
    I think when you read her speech in its entirety the whole thing only becomes more worrisome. Blah blah blahing on about everything from pig intestines to beaming with pride that inevitably her being a woman and a Hispanic will absolutely effect her ruling on the bench. She's overcome with elation about this, has zero shame, and makes no apologies from what I can tell. Her biggest concern seems to be limited to getting more people of color and women on the bench so that together they can exact change and measure that change with the acuity with which they proudly measure skin color I suppose.

    She's all about being Latino. Beaming with her Latino-ness and her femaleness and how she can't wait for that to have it's effect on the bench and her rulings.

    Heaven help us. As a woman I'm embarrassed.

    I can only imagine if a man went on about his manliness and his cultural upbringing of steak and potatoes and how he positively can't wait for his dick and pale skin to have an effect on his rulings, an inevitable effect, one he is proud of.

    The speech reeks of, "Do not be blind to color. COLOR IS ALL THAT GOD DAMN MATTERS...that and HAVING A VAGINA!

    Good freaking lord.
    Last edited by talloulou; 05-27-09 at 10:48 PM.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    I think when you read her speech in its entirety the whole thing only becomes more worrisome. Blah blah blahing on about everything from pig intestines to beaming with pride that inevitably her being a woman and a Hispanic will absolutely effect her ruling on the bench. She's overcome with elation about this, has zero shame, and makes no apologies from what I can tell. Her biggest concern seems to be limited to getting more people of color and women on the bench so that together they can exact change and measure that change with the acuity with which they proudly measure skin color I suppose.

    She's all about being Latino. Beaming with her Latino-ness and her femaleness and how she can't wait for that to have it's effect on the bench and her rulings.

    Heaven help us. As a woman I'm embarrassed.

    I can only imagine if a man went on about his manliness and his cultural upbringing of steak and potatoes and how he positively can't wait for his dick and pale skin to have an effect on his rulings, an inevitable effect, one he is proud of.

    The speech reeks of, "Do not be blind to color. COLOR IS ALL THAT GOD DAMN MATTERS...that and HAVING A VAGINA!

    Good freaking lord.
    Sounds like Palin's qualifications...white and a vagina...like her hero Hillary.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I am not upset with that quote because reaching a better "conclusion" does not mean that she is calling the old white men less wise but possibly that her conclusion could be better becasuse of her experiences which are diferent than the old white men.

    So it's not a take away from the old white men but an additive by her experiences.

    Isn't that possible !!!!!
    If it is possible that she's better for being latino and female then it's alternately also possible that a man is better for being white and having a penis. And when we're talking "better" there's usually a winner. Which is why this talk is unprofessional and most certainly doesn't belong anywhere near a bench IMO.

    Arguing for equality is one thing. But when judges start talking about how their vajayjay and the fact that they grew up eating pig intestines makes them superior we ought to run screaming from the room. Maybe that's just me though.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Translation?
    Don't you even think of raising any objections or else.
    Hopefully the Republicans will grow some balls and do the same thing to her that the Democrats did to Bork.

  7. #117
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    It's about the way our nation has been run for the last 200 plus years..

    It's about time we wake up and change..
    Somehow the same policies are different if they are instituted by someone of a different race.
    Let's figure it out.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    It's actually a good read her speech. She literally talks about pig intestines TWICE to drive home the point she's Latino. Who knew? I'm positive all that woofing down of pig intestine will absolutely probably add something to the bench.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Hopefully the Republicans will grow some balls and do the same thing to her that the Democrats did to Bork.
    The Republicans balls were blown up on 9-11.

  10. #120
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: W.H. to Sotomayor critics: Be 'careful'

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    The Republicans balls were blown up on 9-11.
    How so, doggy?
    Let's figure it out.

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •