Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

  1. #41
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Sure hope these people get the proper training before they buy a gun. There's nothing worse than an untrained idiot with a gun.
    you prefer trained idiots?...
    Last edited by UtahBill; 05-28-09 at 11:05 AM.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Presently.
    What are your views on the question asked by Void about criminals controlling some areas?

  3. #43
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    What are your views on the question asked by Void about criminals controlling some areas?
    From PERSONAL experience, I cannot say. I live in a small city out in th emiddle of nowhere, and we dont have issues like that.

    HOWever... gang activity in the larger cities is a regular news item, and there are certainly many areas in all of those large cities that are 'controlled' by gangs.

  4. #44
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08
    There's nothing worse than an untrained idiot with a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utah Bill
    you prefer trained idiots?...
    LOL...this exchange reminded me of a local TV news story I heard recently...

    A man and woman get into an argument in their car (small compact) in a parking lot.

    Man gets out of car and begins shooting at woman still in car. She crawls across car and exits passenger side (apparently she was the driver).

    Man fires 12 shots total. Wounds woman once in the arm.

    Police arrive. Fire 1 shot. Gunman dead.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Actually, she got bored with your weenie little arguments.
    No, you got called on using a strawman attack, and when you couldn't escape the accusation, you fled.

    If only the defeated would stay fled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I did 2 years of high school debate and spent 4 years on a debate scholarship in college. I routinely kicked the ass of weenies.
    Well, still waiting for you to point out my misuse of Latin, but you haven't, because you told a falsehood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Debates AREN'T won or lost on shouting out misused latin phrases.
    They sure are lost when some dummy on the team wastes time using a logical fallacy, like Ad Hominem arguments , or Strawman arguments.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nice dodge.
    Work on your Comprehension or have someone else read the small print on your next contract.

  7. #47
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Work on your Comprehension or have someone else read the small print on your next contract.
    You are trying very hard to play some kind of semantics game.

    Sorry I am not going to play this game.

    It is not really worth the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #48
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    anybody that thinks a single block of land in Ohio is controlled by gangs needs to visit Somalia to see what control actually looks like.

  9. #49
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Actually, she got bored with your weenie little arguments. I did 2 years of high school debate and spent 4 years on a debate scholarship in college. I routinely kicked the ass of weenies.
    Debates AREN'T won or lost on shouting out misused latin phrases. They're won or lost on coherent arguments and supporting evidence. That's why research is such an integral part of winning a round of debate.

    I have yet to see you present anything resembling a coherent argument in this thread, not to mention supporting evidence.
    since when does debating skills mean anything when it comes to truth? Those skills misused lead to abuse.
    I routinely butted heads in the navy with a fellow who was good at debate, and he used his skills to convince other sailors that weed was not harmful and should be allowed. I tried to convince the same sailors that weed IS harmful, to their careers. Quite a few of his followers bit the dust before he himself got caught selling weed on base, and got sent to Leavenworth.
    If you want to lead people astray, debating skills along with lies leads to propaganda, and the low hanging fruit among us will accept lies as truth.
    I would like to incarcerate all who do such things, but that means that the entire population of marketing and advertsing industries would have to be jailed....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    since when does debating skills mean anything when it comes to truth? Those skills misused lead to abuse.
    I routinely butted heads in the navy with a fellow who was good at debate, and he used his skills to convince other sailors that weed was not harmful and should be allowed. I tried to convince the same sailors that weed IS harmful, to their careers. Quite a few of his followers bit the dust before he himself got caught selling weed on base, and got sent to Leavenworth.
    If you want to lead people astray, debating skills along with lies leads to propaganda, and the low hanging fruit among us will accept lies as truth.
    I would like to incarcerate all who do such things, but that means that the entire population of marketing and advertsing industries would have to be jailed....
    Debating skills are irrelevant if they aren't based upon solid, coherent arguments and evidence.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •