Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    YOu don't really understand the concept of a strawman, either, do you?
    Your attempt to bait me is duly noted.

    You were simply wrong about ad hominem and anyone that wants to can go read the evidence. My own personal opinion of the matter is that my understanding of the concept of strawman is at least as superior to yours as my understanding of the concept of ad hominem is.

    Your inability to show that what I said is anything like the paragraph you made up will serve as proof that I know exactly what a strawman argument is since I have called you on yours.

    Why don't you embarass yourself with an appeal to false authority next, and make it three for three. Oh wait, you already did that with gree0232 in the other thread

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Your attempt to bait me is duly noted.

    You were simply wrong about ad hominem and anyone that wants to can go read the evidence. My own personal opinion of the matter is that my understanding of the concept of strawman is at least as superior to yours as my understanding of the concept of ad hominem is.

    Your inability to show that what I said is anything like the paragraph you made up will serve as proof that I know exactly what a strawman argument is since I have called you on yours.

    Why don't you embarass yourself with an appeal to false authority next, and make it three for three. Oh wait, you already did that with gree0232 in the other thread
    I think that the users on this forum will be sharp enough to both see through your misuse of latin terms and your inability to hold your own in debate of the subject.

    I'll leave in their capable hands.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think that the users on this forum will be sharp enough to both see through your misuse of latin terms
    I took 2 years high school and two years collegiate, so why dont you point out my misuse of Latin or admit that you are just engaging in more of your baiting / exhibiting your ignorance.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    I think anyone can see who can't hold their own in a debate about the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Your claim is that criminals are not controlling some sections of Ohio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Quote me asserting that then. If I claimed it, quote me claiming it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The crickets
    sound of crickets

  5. #35
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Quote me asserting that then. If I claimed it, quote me claiming it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux
    Your claim is that criminals are not controlling some sections of Ohio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar
    I have yet to see an example of this failure. Are parts of Ohio now controlled by bandit warlords ?
    I think you did say it even if you were being sarcastic.

    Bandit Warlords = Organized Gangs. This is my opinion only and not based on anything but anecdotal evidence. It does fit though.

    Most of the gang members are probably smarter, armed better and have more money then most warlords in Somalia etc.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-28-09 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think you did say it even if you were being sarcastic.
    I made one assertion, that I had not yet seen evidence of an alleged "failure".

    I then posed a question, which is decidedly not making a claim.

    When you get down to debate nitpickers, the fine print means everything.

    The reason she cannot provide a quote of me making that claim, is that what I posted, does not in fact make that claim. Q.E.D.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The reason she cannot provide a quote of me making that claim, is that what I posted, does not in fact make that claim. Q.E.D.
    Actually, she got bored with your weenie little arguments. I did 2 years of high school debate and spent 4 years on a debate scholarship in college. I routinely kicked the ass of weenies.

    Debates AREN'T won or lost on shouting out misused latin phrases. They're won or lost on coherent arguments and supporting evidence. That's why research is such an integral part of winning a round of debate.

    I have yet to see you present anything resembling a coherent argument in this thread, not to mention supporting evidence.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 05-28-09 at 07:57 AM.

  8. #38
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,526

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I made one assertion, that I had not yet seen evidence of an alleged "failure".

    I then posed a question, which is decidedly not making a claim.

    When you get down to debate nitpickers, the fine print means everything.

    The reason she cannot provide a quote of me making that claim, is that what I posted, does not in fact make that claim. Q.E.D.
    Nice dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nice dodge.
    Really? I thought it was pretty lame, frankly.

  10. #40
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Toledo police layoffs leading to gun buying

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    When was the last time you were in Ohio?
    Presently.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •