Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's right. In this country you can only currently live in the place you were born in. I totally forgot, my bad. Here I though people could...you know...move. But apparently I was wrong. It's impossible from someone who was originally from Chicago to move to say Colorado. Impossible! Thanks for clearing that one up for me, I appreciate it.

    I was originally from Chicago, moved out. Great city, horrible politics.

    Anything else you want to run your mouth about?
    So in running YOUR mouth you neglected to say something reasonable like "when I lived in Chicago, I think the politics were corrupt..." Do you or do you not currently live in Chicago? Then you have no basis to make the sweeping generalizations that you made. Now, you can continue to try and argue this or you could just admit that you have an opinion and that you used it to make generalizations.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'll vouch for Ikari as a native to the Chicagoland area. He grew up near where I did.

    Also, he's right. Chicago, as much as I love it, is one of the most politically corrupt cities in the country.

    There are decent politicians that crop up from time to time, but the vast majority are total scumbags.
    Aren't most politicians?

    But you, of all people, should know better than to back someone's sweeping generalizations. I grew up around Detroit, but I wouldn't try to tell you what's going on in politics there now...

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Burris is on Hardball right now, and boy is he sounding bad.

    Like every case involving corruption in politics: if he is found to be guilty, hang em high.

    Shame on anyone who is using this for partisan attacks. Hatred of corruption should be bipartisan, and there should be times to leave party affiliations at the door.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Like every case involving corruption in politics: if he is found to be guilty, hang em high.
    Ok, Burris a sleaze.....he's from Chicago and he's a politician.

    But what exactly is he supposed to be "guilty" of?

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Ok, Burris a sleaze.....he's from Chicago and he's a politician.

    But what exactly is he supposed to be "guilty" of?
    Quid pro quo in getting his seat as I understand it. Am I mistaken?

  6. #26
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I grew up around Detroit, but I wouldn't try to tell you what's going on in politics there now...
    The difference in Chicago is that the Daley machine is still up and running. While that exists, you can be sure the politics haven't changed.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Quid pro quo in getting his seat as I understand it. Am I mistaken?
    Every appointee gets their seat that way.

    What crime did Burris commit? And no, being a sleaze, an Anti-Republican, or from Chicago do not count as crimes--character flaws, no doubt, but not crimes.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Every appointee gets their seat that way.

    What crime did Burris commit? And no, being a sleaze, an Anti-Republican, or from Chicago do not count as crimes--character flaws, no doubt, but not crimes.
    I doubt it is every appointee, though I will grant most.

    I may be mistaken in regards to legality. I was under the impression that it is illegal to openly offer quid pro quo for an appointment, but thinking about it, I am far from certain on that.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    So in running YOUR mouth you neglected to say something reasonable like "when I lived in Chicago, I think the politics were corrupt..." Do you or do you not currently live in Chicago? Then you have no basis to make the sweeping generalizations that you made. Now, you can continue to try and argue this or you could just admit that you have an opinion and that you used it to make generalizations.
    Yeah...too bad there aren't large news organizations which report things from around the country. Because the only way I could possibly know anything about my hometown is when I'm directly there and experiencing it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: FBI Tape Shows Burris Foresaw Political Firestorm

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I grew up around Detroit, but I wouldn't try to tell you what's going on in politics there now...
    You could...you know...read about it. Plus with Chicago there is WGN, which I watch almost religiously. I also stream WLS AM while I'm at work. Roe Conn cracks me up (listening to him now).
    Last edited by Ikari; 05-27-09 at 06:56 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •