Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 518

Thread: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Actually society already is that way considering that there isn't one particular brand of morality that overrules another. Not everyone believes in the idea of eternal damnation. I certainly don't.
    Once again, relating your personal views on what a majority of religions do believe doesn't make your argument very credible.

  2. #222
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So uh...what policy differences can you point me to that makes on party more attractive than the other?
    Republicans across the board are notorious for voting against gay cause, whether it be adoption rights, gays in the military, gay marriage etc.
    It has always been Democratic leaders that champion these causes.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #223
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Moderator's Warning:
    California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8This thread is not about any particular poster. Anyone continuing to try and make it about such a thing will get a one way ticket out of this thread after which they can go take their frustrations out about individual posters in the basement.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That IS the topic - the court upholding the amendment.
    So -- when are YOU going to get on topic?
    I've been on topic. I am asking you for the final time to address the thread and not me, in particular. I have nothing to say about whatever small facet you have fixated on this time as it is usually highly irrelevant and wholly uninteresting.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Republicans across the board are notorious for voting against gay cause, whether it be adoption rights, gays in the military, gay marriage etc.
    It has always been Democratic leaders that champion these causes.
    So can you point me to any specific policies or not?

  6. #226
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I've been on topic.
    If that's the case, you'll adddress post # 172, which, as the court's majority justification for the ruling, IS the the topic of this thread.

    If you aren't willing to address that, then YOU are off-topic.

  7. #227
    User Ninja Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-22-09 @ 08:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    63

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Until they get it right.
    They got it right. Gay marriage has been drop kicked by the voters. Kicked to the curb. Finally, the will of the people will stand. I'm sure Perez Hilton is quite depressed that democracy held true, but for those of us who support the constitution and respect the voting process it is good news indeed.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Actually no, it's because a person who knows how to debate properly provides facts to back up their assertions. I didn't realize you were new to this.
    Someone who knows how to debate doesn't constantly ask obtuse questions or expect OTHERS to prove the OBVIOUS either; they actually bring their own opinions and facts to the argument in support of their counter opinion, something I might add you rarely do.

    Rather than debate, your method is to constantly ask OTHERS to support their opinions rather than express one of your own or bring a counter point to the argument; its pretty lame.

    The only thing more lame is your selective outrage.

  9. #229
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again, relating your personal views on what a majority of religions do believe doesn't make your argument very credible.
    Um...so what? How is my opinion any more or less valid than anyone elses?

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Pig View Post
    They got it right. Gay marriage has been drop kicked by the voters. Kicked to the curb. Finally, the will of the people will stand. I'm sure Perez Hilton is quite depressed that democracy held true, but for those of us who support the constitution and respect the voting process it is good news indeed.
    The slim margin Prop 8 won by was not a drop kick. And respect for the constitution would involve respect for its most basic principle, that being that all men are equal.

    Nice try though.

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •