Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 518

Thread: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

  1. #191
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Activist Gays using their emotional hysterics about perceived rights who are trying re-define what marriage is. You would think that you get this by now.
    I have to admit I agree with you here. Then again I see it from both sides, so what can I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    Whats the matter? Self loathing a big problem for you?
    Oh wow...took you all of 4 posts to throw that one out. That's a record.

    Self loathing isn't a problem for me, chuckles. In fact, it's such a small problem for me that I don't feel the need to boost my self esteem by embracing every slimey little faggot that crawls his way out of a bathhouse just because we both happen to like cock. Got it?

  3. #193
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh wow...took you all of 4 posts to throw that one out. That's a record.

    Self loathing isn't a problem for me, chuckles. In fact, it's such a small problem for me that I don't feel the need to boost my self esteem by embracing every slimey little faggot that crawls his way out of a bathhouse just because we both happen to like cock. Got it?
    Best line EVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #194
    Student Goldwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liberal Northern California
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    266

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh wow...took you all of 4 posts to throw that one out. That's a record.

    Self loathing isn't a problem for me, chuckles. In fact, it's such a small problem for me that I don't feel the need to boost my self esteem by embracing every slimey little faggot that crawls his way out of a bathhouse just because we both happen to like cock. Got it?
    Dude...take it easy. I was gonna give you some flack, but it sounds like you're ready to blow. That hatred will eat you alive. You need to do whatever you normally do to calm down. I'm sorry for antagonizing you.
    Each one of the founding fathers was a special interest group.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have to admit I agree with you here. Then again I see it from both sides, so what can I say.
    But you would be mistaken; I do try to see it from BOTH sides as well.

    But the BIGGER issue in my opinion is the breakdown of the family unit and moral values that are the glue that holds a family together.

    Over time, the erosion of the importance of parents who stay together to nurture and raise children will also erode the society in my opinion and based on studies.

    It is much like the issue of morality; even with the threat of eternal damnation, man has shown he is capable of committing horrible atrocities on his fellow man. Imagine a society that doesn't have any moral handicaps that one has with religious morality.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    Dude...take it easy. I was gonna give you some flack, but it sounds like you're ready to blow. That hatred will eat you alive. You need to do whatever you normally do to calm down. I'm sorry for antagonizing you.
    No, dude, it's not your fault. It's that it is the default answer that most pro-gay activists give me if I happen to disagree with one small piece of their overall agenda. The nastiest comments I ever get come from liberals who think I have some obligation to lockstep with them on every issue just because of who I am ****ing.

    My immediate response to the word "self loathing", in particular, is overkill.

  7. #197
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    Dude...take it easy. I was gonna give you some flack, but it sounds like you're ready to blow. That hatred will eat you alive. You need to do whatever you normally do to calm down. I'm sorry for antagonizing you.
    You aren't antagonizing him -- he believes that his vulgarity and lack of civility will make up for the rather impressive lack of content in his posts.

    Or that it makes him cute. I can't remember which.

  8. #198
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    In other words, Obama once again attempts to take BOTH sides in an issue and his loyal fans (that would be YOU) willingly swallow the swill he dishes out for no other reason than of him being a Liberal Democrat.

    It is so easy to be Liberal, you just have to say that you care.
    Not at all...its called respect for others views. It is possible, believe it or not, to have your own personal views but not feel the need to subject everyone else to them (something that many cannot grasp).
    For instance, you can personally believe that Abortion, for example, is wrong and still be pro-choice because you do not believe that you have the right to force others to accept your viewpoint.
    You can be anti-gay marriage, but nevertheless be against prop 8 because despite your views, you understand that it is wrong to force that view upon others.
    Obama simply understands that his right to his views end when it infringes upon the rights of others. That is a concept that you probably cannot understand.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #199
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    But you would be mistaken; I do try to see it from BOTH sides as well.

    But the BIGGER issue in my opinion is the breakdown of the family unit and moral values that are the glue that holds a family together.

    Over time, the erosion of the importance of parents who stay together to nurture and raise children will also erode the society in my opinion and based on studies.

    It is much like the issue of morality; even with the threat of eternal damnation, man has shown he is capable of committing horrible atrocities on his fellow man. Imagine a society that doesn't have any moral handicaps that one has with religious morality.
    No I meant I see the same kind of rhetoric coming from both sides, not the issue itself as I agree with you from a religious standpoint. I disagree from a secular standpoint, hence my confusion on the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #200
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    It is much like the issue of morality; even with the threat of eternal damnation, man has shown he is capable of committing horrible atrocities on his fellow man. Imagine a society that doesn't have any moral handicaps that one has with religious morality.
    Actually society already is that way considering that there isn't one particular brand of morality that overrules another. Not everyone believes in the idea of eternal damnation. I certainly don't.

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •