Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 518

Thread: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

  1. #161
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Attempting to equate racial inequality with marriage is specious and typifies the emotional hysterics made by those attempting to equivocate on this issue.

    People did indeed see persons of race as inferior and attempted to deny them of their basic rights as a citizen. No one sees Gays as being inferior for the mere fact that they cannot get married in a traditional sense.

    As a matter of fact, NO one disputes that gays should be able to have civil unions and property rights. They just have issues with re-defining what marriage means.
    That is EXACTLY what the anti-gay marriage crowd is doing....saying "your relationships are inferior to ours and therefore not entitled to the same protections".

    That is EXACTLY what discrimination is always about...a view by one group that they are superior and therefore entitled to more than another group.

    As for the second part of your argument.....the anti-gay crowd was VERY against civil unions until they started to realize that their "sacred" institution of marriage might be found to be unconstitutional for discriminating against gays...all of a sudden they were all for civil unions.
    Last edited by disneydude; 05-26-09 at 04:39 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    This one is headed to the SCOTUS.
    The California Supreme Count acceded to the rightful will of the people.
    The Supreme Count should do the same and be "man" enough to not even hear the case.
    This crap must end.
    The media have blown it all out of proportion as it is such a controversial issue..
    Is marriage a right ?...a Constitutional right ?
    Is homosexuality normal or abnormal ?
    IMO, its no more normal than a man being insane, or being blind..
    Marriage is obviously NOT a right.
    So, why all this commotion and fuss ?

  3. #163
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    The California Supreme Count acceded to the rightful will of the people.
    The Supreme Count should do the same and be "man" enough to not even hear the case.
    This crap must end.
    The media have blown it all out of proportion as it is such a controversial issue..
    Is marriage a right ?...a Constitutional right ?
    Is homosexuality normal or abnormal ?
    IMO, its no more normal than a man being insane, or being blind..
    Marriage is obviously NOT a right.
    So, why all this commotion and fuss ?
    So when do we get to put your Constitutional rights to a vote?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #164
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    US Divorce Rates For Various Faith Groups

    Religion % have been divorced
    Jews 30%
    Born-again Christians 27%
    Other Christians 24%
    Atheists, Agnostics 21%

    Hmm...that kind of destroys your theory a bit.
    Hmmm...no it doesn't.

    I'm not talking about people who get married in a Christian church. I'm talking about actively spiritual people who understand the nature of the commitment they're making.

    A lot of people get married in a church, then never see one outside of Candlelight service on Christmas Eve for the next 10 years.

  5. #165
    Student Goldwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liberal Northern California
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    266

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    The California Supreme Count acceded to the rightful will of the people.
    The Supreme Count should do the same and be "man" enough to not even hear the case.
    This crap must end.
    The media have blown it all out of proportion as it is such a controversial issue..
    Is marriage a right ?...a Constitutional right ?
    Is homosexuality normal or abnormal ?
    IMO, its no more normal than a man being insane, or being blind..
    Marriage is obviously NOT a right.
    So, why all this commotion and fuss ?
    Because anti gay marriage folks are regulating the lives of people they don't know based on thier Judeo Christian values.
    Each one of the founding fathers was a special interest group.

  6. #166
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    HOLY ****!! I leave for one hour and this thread has taken off like a Rocket! O.o Whoa!

  7. #167
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    For the record, Obama supports this ruling. But let's ignore that, and get back to bashing the beauty pageant winner!!!

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    And yet, no one has ever told you this or even made such an asinine argument. How profound that you have to once more fabricate an argument to support your position on this issue.

    Trust me, a vast majority who are on my side of this issue including myself, could care less who or how many times you want to have BUTT sex; that's your business and as long as you don't, excuse the pun, shove it in our faces, we could care less.
    It's called a hyperbole and I would have thought one of your supposed mental genius would have recognized that.

    And who is shoving anything in your face? Is anyone requiring you, by law to take part in or even attend a gay marriage?

  9. #169
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    For the record, Obama supports this ruling. But let's ignore that, and get back to bashing the beauty pageant winner!!!
    Beauty pageant? ....


  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: California Supreme Court Upholds Proposition 8

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That and their little smear campaign trying to convince the uneducated public that the big bad homos were bullying the words "mom" and "dad" out of schools.

    It was shameful what they did but I'll be damned if we trust in their good Christian honesty next time around. **** the mormons and every other fundamental whackjob church that helped them with Prop 8.

    Don't forget all the Obama voters that helped pass it, too.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •