Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 386

Thread: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

  1. #251
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    I'm waiting for YOU to come up with some substance instead of bluster.



    Shouldn't you hold yourself to the same standards you are now trying to apply to the Good Reverend?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #252
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    I see. You can't come up with any facts to prove me wrong, eh?

    You posted a specious claim. Backing it up should be easy. Why are you struggling with this intellectual endeavor?


    And what's so wrong with "feelings?" We use our instincts and feelings all the time to make decisions. My "feelings" were based on an observation. I challenged you to prove my observation wrong, but instead you chose to continue with the snarky meaningless remarks at me.

    What observation? I prefer to use facts and logic over feelings. So when you claim "observation" for your "feelings" I simply asked you for the meat and potatos... Why are you struggling with providing this?



    I guess you don't have any argument after all, just bluster.


    Uhm, thus far all i have done is asked you to back up your claims. Thus far you have failed miserably.


    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 05-27-09 at 10:01 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #253
    Advisor Birdzeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Coast - mid Atlantic
    Last Seen
    12-10-16 @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    341

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Shouldn't you hold yourself to the same standards you are now trying to apply to the Good Reverend?
    I've provided my assessment of the way things are, based on my observations, and I have challenged you to prove my observations wrong. Instead of rising up to the challenge, you continue to bait and troll and nothing else.

    Pffft.

  4. #254
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    I've provided my assessment of the way things are, based on my observations, and I have challenged you to prove my observations wrong. Instead of rising up to the challenge, you continue to bait and troll and nothing else.

    Pffft.



    You made a claim, you failed to back up.


    Calling you out on this is not "baiting" nor is it "trolling". But by all means report me if you think it is.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #255
    Advisor Birdzeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Coast - mid Atlantic
    Last Seen
    12-10-16 @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    341

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You made a claim, you failed to back up.


    Calling you out on this is not "baiting" nor is it "trolling". But by all means report me if you think it is.
    I backed it up; explained my position, and you chose to bash it without any reasoned counter-argument. YOU have failed to meet my challenge.

    And thanks for the suggestion. I just may do that.

  6. #256
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    I backed it up;

    Where? What post number? You did no such thing.

    explained my position, and you chose to bash it without any reasoned counter-argument. YOU have failed to meet my challenge.

    Incorrect again. You made a claim, failed to back it up, and claimed that you did. Show me where my friend I am waiting.


    And thanks for the suggestion. I just may do that.


    Good luck with that.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #257
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    This maggot all but threw out the descrimination (reverse) case of the Conneticut fireman, all white using a one paragraph response then shove the lawsuit under the couch. The case is now going to the supreme court.

    She is also on camera stating the judges make the laws in America!!!

    Another fine choice Obanana.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  8. #258
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    I'm curious. Are there any other attorneys on this message board who disagree with what Sotomayor said regarding making policy? If so, explain to me why her words were NOT correct. Thank you.

    For those commenting on that language she used, if you're not an attorney, I find your argument to be a complete waste of time.

  9. #259
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I'm curious. Are there any other attorneys on this message board who disagree with what Sotomayor said regarding making policy? If so, explain to me why her words were NOT correct. Thank you.
    .
    I would take a guess most judges feel that way. They have the power and they know it, they just haven't got caught on camera saying it.


    Truthfully, is she lying? Whether you agree with the statement or not, is it not true that judges have made policy before? It is true. Maybe instead of bitching about her pointing it out, you should look at why that's the case and if you don't like it- do something about it instead of whining about a comment about the fact.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  10. #260
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama to pick Sotomayer for Supreme Court

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I'm curious. Are there any other attorneys on this message board who disagree with what Sotomayor said regarding making policy? If so, explain to me why her words were NOT correct. Thank you.

    For those commenting on that language she used, if you're not an attorney, I find your argument to be a complete waste of time.



    Fallacy: Appeal to authority.


    Come on aps, I am sure you know plenty idiot lawyers...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •