It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.
I find it awkward that anybody would say this country isn't moving to the left.
- After having won control of the House for the first time in 40 years in 1996, Republicans lose 5 seats in 1998. The worst showing in 64 years for a party that didn't hold the presidency.
- Democrats once again become the majority party in the House(which they had been for 40 years before that) after only 12 years of Newt Gringich's 'Contract with America.
- As a result Bush becomes a lame duck president
- Democrats get a near Filibuster majority in the Senate(are we still waiting on Franken?)
- 'The most liberal Senator' since John Kerry becomes President after running against a moderate like John McCain and a far right VP pick named Sarah Palin.
And Truth Detector still doubt that this country isn't moving left? Would you like to buy some ocean front property in Nebraska?
Last edited by Hatuey; 05-25-09 at 07:42 PM.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK
That's what I heard on Glenn Beck anyway. I think he called it Operation Truth Reclamation or something.
I believe that there was a little lady who lived in an Igloo who als o criticized candidate Obama for being a "community organizer". How did that work out for her, or her handlers!
That 's about all I have to say about your childish attempt to go one up on me!!!
“I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr
You know something. I never realized how full this country was, of people that hated it for one reason or another, until I started posting here. Whether it be people that hate the Republicans for their actions, or Democrats for their actions, just about everybody thats politcally involved/aware seems to be driven by negativity towards their fellow Americans. Whether its people referencing the left as "libtards" or the right as "tea-bagging rednecks" the level of animosity people have towards each other, just because they merely espouse a different set of values is simply sickening. And its reflective in the media biases that portray our fellow Americans, as enemies of ourselves.
In some ways, we may be lucky a majority of the American public doesn't care too much for politics or gets that involved, save every four years. To get everybody drawn into this vortex of hatred and animosity would just create divides too deep to heal.
"Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis