Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 236 of 236

Thread: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Have you read any of Rush's or Coulters books? Of course you haven't. If you had, you wouldn't make such hyperbolic uninformed comments.

    I find it amusing that Liberals who hate anyone who doesn't agree with their politically correct yet uniformed notions about economic and foreign policy make these farcical claims.

    But let me assure you as to why Liberals are always so wrong, particularly when it comes to Anne and Rush, they absolutely believe in what they say and can clearly state why they believe what they do.

    Your desire to impugn someone like Rush as a drop out are trite and amusing and typical with the hate everything non-Liberal crowd, but as for substance, and as usual, typically lacking.

    What is apparent that rather than listening to what these people have to say, you allow OTHERS to do your thinking for you by parroting the typical bumper sticker talking points rather than THINK for yourself.

    How easy it is to be a Liberal; you only have to SAY that you care and FEEL others pain while denigrating those you disagree with using the Liberal hyperbole and innuendo talking points calling out others as unthinking Rushbots.
    Truth Detector:

    Let me ask you, How many times? Please, tell me.

    How many times?

    How many times to do I have to listen to Rush L. and hear him say something that doesn't sound right to me and when I check it out for myself, I find out it's an either a misstatement of the facts or an outright lie.

    How many times do I have to do that before I can stop listening? Tell me.

    How many pages of an Ann Coulter book do I have to read and, when checking her footnotes, I find that she is quoting op-ed pieces as news stories.... How many pages of poorly researched partisan spin do I have to read before I can put it down and say enough of this b.s.?

    Tell me. Because I have listened to Rush and read Ann. I have checked out their facts, their version of the truth and found them both to be so far removed from any reasonable argument...any attempt at honesty, it's laughable.

    IMO it is the fans of Rush, Ann, Hannity, that are the sheep. When there are so many good left and right commentators out there, smart people who thoughtfully analyze the facts, why do so many flock to the these polarizing political circus clowns??

    Truth Detector:

    Answers this question: Why do Ann, Rush, and Sean never appear on any Sunday morning shows, not even on Fox? Why?

    Because no serious person takes them seriously.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    There are still a handful of hold-outs that insist that the GOP needs to go the hard right to gain back the support of the American people. What they can't seem to get into thier thick skulls is, that is how they lost the people in the first place.
    They lost the people by not sticking to their conservative values.

  3. #233
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,389

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by FlappyTheKinkajou View Post
    HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA H That is such a joke. Do you have one brain cell? Then, you don't believe a pizel of that drivel.
    I think that's the most intelligent thing you've posted yet! Congratulations on your ascension to "breathing through your nose." If you think this is fun wait until you start walking upright!

    I believe all of it.

    Because it's true.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 06-04-09 at 12:52 AM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #234
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,389

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The question was "what do DEMOCRATS bring". Democrats brought the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi, and The Messiah, none of whom support either honesty or openness.



    Truly, I feel much safer now that your Messiah has wrung his hands over North Korea's nuclear bomb and missile test before he shakes Ahmadinijad's hands.



    Democrats oppose domestic drilling for oil, oppose coal use, oppose expanded use of methan and are terrified to death that anyone will mention the nuclear option. Clearly they are devoutly opposed to American energy independence.



    By taxing prosperity and subsidizing failure?

    Y'all really think that's a recipe for good souffles? Looks like a formula for collapse to me and everyone else that has any sense.



    By catering to the teachers unions that have created excellence in educational mediocrity? Per the Democrat instructions the United States spends the most per pupil of any nation in the world. So that must mean the US produces the best educated students ever, right?

    Hmmmm?

    Maybe you people, and your Messiah, have to give up on the notion that success can be bought and start learning success has to be earned by hard work and diligence.



    Great idea. When is your Messiah going to scrap all plans for nationalizing the 1/7 of the national GDP and promote free market solutions to the problems caused by government interference in the health care industry?



    You mean by inflating the currency, raiding the Socialist Security funds, totally ignoring the coming train wreckage of a 20 trillion dollar unfunded Socialist Security liability as the Baby Boomers retire, and trashing the national economy in the meantime? How does any of that lead to anyone's "secure retirement", unless that "anyone" is a Congressman or Messiah?

    Tell us the truth, you really do not understand the issues facing this nation, nor their severity.
    When you can formulate a post that doesn't sound like it came from an individual in the throes of a full blown crack cocaine induced psychosis, I'll take the time and the effort to converse with you. Until then, I think you need to take a look around where you are sitting right now and ask yourself..."is this the life I want?" Recognize that you have a problem and make a phone call. There are people out there who care and will help you through this. But the first step is on you.

    Man up. Don't do it for me, don't do it for DP...do it for yourself.

    Godspeed on your recovery.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #235
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    There are still a handful
    irrelevant
    of hold-outs
    irrelevant

    that insist that the GOP needs to go the hard right to gain back the support of the American people. What they can't seem to get into thier thick skulls is, that is how they lost the people in the first place.
    They lost that support acting like liberals. I was there.

    Oh well.
    You have not done enough thought yet to need a break yet.

    Maybe there are enough of them left to maintain Rush's salary,
    Rush is not paid by conservative ideological entities. Rush is not paid by the Republican Party.

    but not enough of them to elect a dog catcher.
    Do you think that this is true? Do you think this is good? How long has it been since there have been dog catchers?

    But they can always come here to vent.
    Do you not believe us to be genuine?







    Let 'em whine. Who cares? America has spoken. Get over it.
    This was not your attitude during the Bush Administration. America has not spoken the way that you would have yourself believe.
    Let's figure it out.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by FlappyTheKinkajou View Post
    They lost that support acting like liberals. I was there.
    That's odd because Obama is called a liberal and won a majority of the vote... so, if what the people really want is less liberalism and more conservativism then shouldn't they have elected McCain? Unless your claim will now be that McCain is more liberal than Obama. In fact, if what you say makes any sense in the world of reality, shouldn't the most conservative con running be the one who got the repub nomination and then won the election?

    You obviously weren't there, mentally.
    Rush is not paid by conservative ideological entities. Rush is not paid by the Republican Party.
    Are conservative ideological entities created and operated by people? Is the Republican Party run by people? Who are his listeners, people?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •