Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 236

Thread: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Great post earlier--BTW.

    I would like to interject here, in terms of calling people/things by what they really are:

    Rush Limbaugh is a college drop-out who found a niche in talk radio during the Clinton years. He is not a social conservative. He is a performer who plays a social conservative on the radio.

    I do not believe that he actually believes (or understands) half the things he says. The arguments are way too thin and unoriginal, the rhetoric too comically extreme (just like the Sam Raimi movie I saw this weekend).

    Rush, like Ann Coulter, found a niche and they both put on a performance, memorizing lines, coming up with catch phrases like SNL, selling their merchandise. What they do is very similar to professional wrestling, it's all staged and choreographed.

    The biggest joke was earlier in the year when Rush 'challenged' President Obama to an economics debate. A college drop-out wanted to debate a Harvard Law graduate. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

    IMO.
    Have you read any of Rush's or Coulters books? Of course you haven't. If you had, you wouldn't make such hyperbolic uninformed comments.

    I find it amusing that Liberals who hate anyone who doesn't agree with their politically correct yet uniformed notions about economic and foreign policy make these farcical claims.

    But let me assure you as to why Liberals are always so wrong, particularly when it comes to Anne and Rush, they absolutely believe in what they say and can clearly state why they believe what they do.

    Your desire to impugn someone like Rush as a drop out are trite and amusing and typical with the hate everything non-Liberal crowd, but as for substance, and as usual, typically lacking.

    What is apparent that rather than listening to what these people have to say, you allow OTHERS to do your thinking for you by parroting the typical bumper sticker talking points rather than THINK for yourself.

    How easy it is to be a Liberal; you only have to SAY that you care and FEEL others pain while denigrating those you disagree with using the Liberal hyperbole and innuendo talking points calling out others as unthinking Rushbots.

    Trust me when I type this, the ones who are unthinking BOTS are people like you who trot out your empty talking points trying to impugn people merely because you happen to NOT agree with their political view rather than support/defend your political views to theirs with coherent substantive arguments.

    I am still waiting to hear a coherent argument from Liberals that would suggest that $1.8 trillion deficits and no tax increases (which they loved to argue for during Bush’s Presidency) are somehow a GOOD thing. I want to know why you railed about Bush’s spending but now think that Government spending us into a $1.8 trillion with more on the way is a GOOD thing. I want to know why you don’t rail about the need to INCREASE taxes as you did when Bush was cutting them given the fact that Obama has outspent the entire Bush Presidency deficits in a mere 100 days with MORE to come.

    I know the answers to these questions; but I am trying to point out the OBVIOUS hypocrisy of Liberal arguments.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Have you read any of Rush's or Coulters books? Of course you haven't. If you had, you wouldn't make such hyperbolic uninformed comments.

    I find it amusing that Liberals who hate anyone who doesn't agree with their politically correct yet uniformed notions about economic and foreign policy make these farcical claims.

    But let me assure you as to why Liberals are always so wrong, particularly when it comes to Anne and Rush, they absolutely believe in what they say and can clearly state why they believe what they do.

    Your desire to impugn someone like Rush as a drop out are trite and amusing and typical with the hate everything non-Liberal crowd, but as for substance, and as usual, typically lacking.

    What is apparent that rather than listening to what these people have to say, you allow OTHERS to do your thinking for you by parroting the typical bumper sticker talking points rather than THINK for yourself.

    How easy it is to be a Liberal; you only have to SAY that you care and FEEL others pain while denigrating those you disagree with using the Liberal hyperbole and innuendo talking points calling out others as unthinking Rushbots.

    Trust me when I type this, the ones who are unthinking BOTS are people like you who trot out your empty talking points trying to impugn people merely because you happen to NOT agree with their political view rather than support/defend your political views to theirs with coherent substantive arguments.

    I am still waiting to hear a coherent argument from Liberals that would suggest that $1.8 trillion deficits and no tax increases (which they loved to argue for during Bush’s Presidency) are somehow a GOOD thing. I want to know why you railed about Bush’s spending but now think that Government spending us into a $1.8 trillion with more on the way is a GOOD thing. I want to know why you don’t rail about the need to INCREASE taxes as you did when Bush was cutting them given the fact that Obama has outspent the entire Bush Presidency deficits in a mere 100 days with MORE to come.

    I know the answers to these questions; but I am trying to point out the OBVIOUS hypocrisy of Liberal arguments.
    I listen to Rush on occasion (for as long as I can stand it) while I'm out running errands. Proving you wrong once again.

    I used to think Coulter was just an opportunist who saw a chance to make money off the ignorant, but since Bill Mahr knows her well I believe when he says she really does believe the garbage craps onto paper.

    Rush on the other hand, whether he believes it or not doesn't make his crap, truth. Just because an idiot believes stupid crap doesn't make the crap true.

  3. #223
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Have you read any of Rush's or Coulters books? Of course you haven't. If you had, you wouldn't make such hyperbolic uninformed comments.
    Have you read any books by Liberal authors such as: Al Franken, Keith Olbermann, Michael Moore, Frank Rich, etc. ? If not, then you really don't have any room criticizing others for not reading Limbaugh or Coulter books. People on both sides of the political spectrum typically stick to reading books that contain and discuss issues that they agree with. This behavior certainly isn't limited to Liberals.

  4. #224
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    must he believe so loudly?
    Who the **** cares?

    Rush reminds me of a line from Flip Wilson's preacher character Leroy of the "church of what's happening now"....

    A lie is just as good as the truth if you can get people to believe it.
    Why does Rush remind you of that line?

    So many of our pundits out there are telling lies, and an oft repeated lie begins to sound like truth, to the ignorant at least. In fact, it is a basic method of propaganda that is aimed directly at the ignorant among us.
    And the ignorant vote....
    Rant? Rhetoric? Filler? [insert noun with good connotation here]?
    Let's figure it out.

  5. #225
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What "principles" do the Democrats bring to the table?
    Bigger government...
    Let's figure it out.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Great post earlier--BTW.

    I would like to interject here, in terms of calling people/things by what they really are:

    Rush Limbaugh is a college drop-out who found a niche in talk radio during the Clinton years. He is not a social conservative. He is a performer who plays a social conservative on the radio.
    Very interesting.

    How do you square what you just said with the fact that Limbaugh went national before anyone realized a rapist was going to be the next president?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I do not believe that he actually believes (or understands) half the things he says. The arguments are way too thin and unoriginal, the rhetoric too comically extreme (just like the Sam Raimi movie I saw this weekend).
    They don't have to be original to be true. In fact, because Limbaugh is discussing the greedy grabby nature of Democrats, the most common arguments are sufficient. Human nature doesn't change, and hence human nature has already been explained. Yes, Limbaugh has a funny show.

    That's one reason why he became popular and the reason why the humorless commie-libs on Air America all failed.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The biggest joke was earlier in the year when Rush 'challenged' President Obama to an economics debate. A college drop-out wanted to debate a Harvard Law graduate. Talk about delusions of grandeur.
    You mean besides the fact that Rush would have won that "debate" since The Messiah who graduated from Hahvahd hasn't demonstrated a lick of sense when it comes to his economic bungling.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Just because an idiot believes stupid crap doesn't make the crap true.
    Exactly. See? Obama suporters are all wrong.

  8. #228
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What "principles" do the Democrats bring to the table?
    1. Honest Government & Open Government
    2. Real Security
    3. Energy Independence
    4. Economic Prosperity and Educational Excellence
    5. A Healthcare System that Works for Everyone
    6. Secure Retirement
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #229
    Advisor FlappyTheKinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    406

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    1. Honest Government & Open Government
    2. Real Security
    3. Energy Independence
    4. Economic Prosperity and Educational Excellence
    5. A Healthcare System that Works for Everyone
    6. Secure Retirement
    HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA H That is such a joke. Do you have one brain cell? Then, you don't believe a pizel of that drivel.
    Let's figure it out.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    1. Honest Government & Open Government
    The question was "what do DEMOCRATS bring". Democrats brought the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi, and The Messiah, none of whom support either honesty or openness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    2. Real Security
    Truly, I feel much safer now that your Messiah has wrung his hands over North Korea's nuclear bomb and missile test before he shakes Ahmadinijad's hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    3. Energy Independence
    Democrats oppose domestic drilling for oil, oppose coal use, oppose expanded use of methan and are terrified to death that anyone will mention the nuclear option. Clearly they are devoutly opposed to American energy independence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    4. Economic Prosperity
    By taxing prosperity and subsidizing failure?

    Y'all really think that's a recipe for good souffles? Looks like a formula for collapse to me and everyone else that has any sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    and Educational Excellence
    By catering to the teachers unions that have created excellence in educational mediocrity? Per the Democrat instructions the United States spends the most per pupil of any nation in the world. So that must mean the US produces the best educated students ever, right?

    Hmmmm?

    Maybe you people, and your Messiah, have to give up on the notion that success can be bought and start learning success has to be earned by hard work and diligence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    5. A Healthcare System that Works for Everyone
    Great idea. When is your Messiah going to scrap all plans for nationalizing the 1/7 of the national GDP and promote free market solutions to the problems caused by government interference in the health care industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    6. Secure Retirement
    You mean by inflating the currency, raiding the Socialist Security funds, totally ignoring the coming train wreckage of a 20 trillion dollar unfunded Socialist Security liability as the Baby Boomers retire, and trashing the national economy in the meantime? How does any of that lead to anyone's "secure retirement", unless that "anyone" is a Congressman or Messiah?

    Tell us the truth, you really do not understand the issues facing this nation, nor their severity.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •