Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 236

Thread: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

  1. #151
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,388

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No such thing as a "moderate" conservative. The moderate label is applied to liberals to make them feel less embarassed about their silly beliefs.
    Nonsense, spoken like a true hillbilly. "I'm right! And unless you think like me you're wrong!" Cletus.
    Nothing decent about it, McCain was one of the two annointed by the media to lead the GOP. The Democrat dominated media had been trying to get McCain to lose for the GOP since 2000.
    You go ahead and keep your head in the sand there big fella, tell yourself mommy is gonna make the bad man go away. The liberal dominated media did not nominate John McCain...the Republican voters did. Chew on that for a while or just come up with another conspiracy theory.


    Yes, the moderates are trying to make the Republicans lose more elections, we all know that.
    No, the moderates are successfully decreasing the conservative influence in the GOP because they don't agree with it so much. You call it what you want.
    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, I didn't say that at all.
    Oh, sure you did. Since that's the goal of The Messiah, it's clear then that it must be what Skippy wanted if you're claiming that The Messiah's vision and Skippy's vision were in agreement.

    You didn't use those exact words, of course, but I'm an expert at exposing what leftists really mean when they post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And like you were saying...well you weren't saying much at all because you didn't actually debate the point. You're just spewing ignorant vitriol. You're good at it though.
    What you're not good at is refuting my position by actually naming unique qualifications The Messiah has. I don't really count "kissing European ass" as a valid qualification.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, not at all. I'm arguing that Powell's military experience is a major, if not the major determinant in his political decision making. He saw what Bush and Co. did to his strategy, he wasn't going to watch McCain continue the abortion.
    Professional military men typically suck at politics. Skippy's not an exception to this rule. Also, Skippy would rather have Obama continue the abortion instead of McCain. Why? Since The Messiah had no qualifications and no workable vision, what was the basis of Skippy's choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I think you were the one kicked in the head here. Seriously, you don't debate. You just cackle.
    Don't forget Snap and Pop. Oh, wait. Isn't "Rice Krispies" a racist term?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, the race issue makes you sound stupid.
    That's your rebuttal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    He absolutely could. And if you knew anything at all about what you were talking about you would understand why. But then we couldn't have your hyper partisan ignorant mindset being compromised by sound logic and reason now could we?
    Yes, a person dedicated to preserving the nation could endorse Obama, if that person was kicked in the head by a mule.

    Jeez, glad that's all straightened out now.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    I'm not suggesting it's the correct policy, and we need to figure out a way to deal with Korea and Iran quickly. The recent nuclear test and Gulf of Aidan incidents are disconcerting, to say the least.

    But it's a legitimate policy difference advocated by both Powell and Obama.
    Korea: Tell the Chinese, "Yo, you got a problem, dude, deal with it."

    Iran: Bomb them and prevent them from building a nuke. Or just bomb them because it's fun. They deserve bombing, big time.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    It's actually working out very well. Seriously, you ignore the work he's doing in Europe and the Middle East to focus the most hard to crack nations. Nobody said he was going to win them over six months into his Presidency. It's taken decades to create the rifts between these nations and the ideological chasms are huge. Reasonable people realize you have to start the process somewhere and the process will take time. Reasonable people being the key words.
    What work has he done? Oh, that's right, Santa was delivering iPods to the Queen of England and dumping a crate of unusable DVD's in someone else's lap.

    He's thrown Poland back to the wolves, he's allowed Russia to slap his willy, he's tried to pressure Netanyahu into surrendering Israel's security, he's been slapped by Iran, too, he's encouraged all those fine upstanding European nations to take our Guantanamo inmates....oops, he hasn't done that....

    He's basically sucked, so far. He's living up to expectations.

  5. #155
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,388

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No. Racism is a reason. Just because you don't like the truth doesn't mean it isn't the truth.
    It isn't the "truth" as you've never factually established your argument. You've injected your ignorant opinion and called it the truth. Try again?

    Prove I didn't see them.
    You already said you didn't see them.

    Don't use your assumption that your posts are diamonds you graciously cast into the mud before swine to count as evidence. Being a total pig, I am perfectly free to choose to ignore rocks when looking for something to eat.
    In other words you really had no intelligent response (as evidenced by your litany of intellectual failures thus far) to them so you saw them, you just chose to ignore them out of survival instinct. Now that I have called you out for the type of poster you are, you feel obligated to respond. Bang up job by the way, truly top drawer.

    That would be more properly asked "when did the media push the Powell candidacy and how did Powell use the media pressure to boost sales of a book no one would otherwise have heard of, without actually saying if he was going to be a candidate or not", and the answer is "1996".
    Right, that's it. It's all about book sales and running for office with Colin Powell. I see you are still clutching the "get Powell by any means necessary" since he stood as an influential figure in the U.S. and went against the conservative grain. It'll be okay.

    You should get your nose out of books and pay attention to what's happenin'.
    Yeah...Scarecrow Ahkbar say "books bad! books bad!" Oh man, this is just too precious.

    One of us understands the nature of rhetoric. That one of us is not you, apparently.
    And one of understand reason, logic, history, and the difference between an established fact and an ignorant opinion. That one of us is not you.


    Well, you wouldn't do that because it illustrates Skippy's far left positions on politics and invalidates his claim to be a real genuine Republican, and supports claims that he's a racist RINO.
    There you go again, the "my way or the highway" argument. You've offered no proof that he's a racist. And I'm a pro-gun Democrat, so "check mate."


    You haven't raised a point subject to debate.
    Translation: I can't actually provide and intelligent rebuttal, so I'll rely on catcalling. Fine, as you can see, I can play both games at once.
    Then again, it might merely be that his military service isn't relevant to the discussion at hand.
    And there's the ball game. It just shows you are completely full of ****. It has everything to do with the discussion at hand because it is biggest factor in identifying who Colin Powell is and where most of his politics come from.

    I'll let you pick which, and maybe someone will care enough to debate why I didn't bother to debate the fact that you mentioned Powell's military record.
    You didn't debate it because you can't. You don't really know anything about the man as evidenced by your brilliant commentary thus far.

    That, and shredded the posts you provided in my own uniquely cutting fashion.
    Keep telling yourself that Cletus.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #156
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,388

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    What work has he done? Oh, that's right, Santa was delivering iPods to the Queen of England and dumping a crate of unusable DVD's in someone else's lap.
    The UK was not the problem, and neither of these incidents have done anything to weaken our alliance with them. Do you actually understand how deep and historical alliance with the UK is? Only a fool would try to foist the idea that these social blunders actually damaged that alliance.
    He's thrown Poland back to the wolves,
    Nothing like over exaggerating the situation for effect eh? Articulate your point son or get off of it.
    he's allowed Russia to slap his willy,
    More stumbling and bumbling I see. Articulate your point in an intelligent and logical fashion please. Your extreme talking point bull**** doesn't cut it here.
    he's tried to pressure Netanyahu into surrendering Israel's security,
    No he hasn't. Articulate the point.
    he's been slapped by Iran, too,
    No he hasn't.
    he's encouraged all those fine upstanding European nations to take our Guantanamo inmates....oops, he hasn't done that....
    Why would he? We were content to do it ourselves. The Europeans were smarter than us in that regard.
    He's basically sucked, so far. He's living up to expectations.
    Your opinion, the majority of the nation and world disagree with you. Poor kid.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #157
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,388

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Oh, sure you did. Since that's the goal of The Messiah, it's clear then that it must be what Skippy wanted if you're claiming that The Messiah's vision and Skippy's vision were in agreement.

    You didn't use those exact words, of course, but I'm an expert at exposing what leftists really mean when they post.



    What you're not good at is refuting my position by actually naming unique qualifications The Messiah has. I don't really count "kissing European ass" as a valid qualification.



    Professional military men typically suck at politics. Skippy's not an exception to this rule. Also, Skippy would rather have Obama continue the abortion instead of McCain. Why? Since The Messiah had no qualifications and no workable vision, what was the basis of Skippy's choice?



    Don't forget Snap and Pop. Oh, wait. Isn't "Rice Krispies" a racist term?



    That's your rebuttal?



    Yes, a person dedicated to preserving the nation could endorse Obama, if that person was kicked in the head by a mule.

    Jeez, glad that's all straightened out now.


    This just gets better and better with each post!

    I'm going to debate Moon or Zyphlin or Goshin. They represent good examples of intelligent conservative forum members. You're not capable of intelligent debate.

    Take care not to trip over your own words anymore.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #158
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    What are Powell's views on specific issues? Does anyone here know?

    And by the way, Powell and any other so called moderate who wants to move the GOP to the left must explain why, when the ideal moderate Republican candidate (John McCain) was there to be elected, they chose to vote for Obama.
    Psst. Nobody wants the chick who didn't even have a passport until 2006 to take any kind of role in foreign policy. I'm pretty sure that's why most moderates were turned off.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    It isn't the "truth" as you've never factually established your argument.
    Sure I have. "Eliminate all possibilities that couldn't happen, and whatever is left, no matter how improbable, is the solution", to quote Sherlock Holmes. And I don't actually figure that a black liberal booted out of the Secretary of State position would find his racist tendency to support a "brother" running for president against the record of the man that fired him to be all that big a stretch.

    Why do you find it so difficult? Your belief that only whites are racist?


    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    In other words you really had no intelligent response (as evidenced by your litany of intellectual failures thus far) to them so you saw them, you just chose to ignore them out of survival instinct.
    That was an intelligent response.

    Now explain why you should expect anyone to respond to the endless stream of crap I found under your name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Now that I have called you out for the type of poster you are, you feel obligated to respond.
    Yeah, I missed that post. Can you link me to that post of yours that said "intelilgent, irrefutable, eminently knowledgable, honest, and fearless in the face of liberal mediocrity and mendaciousness" again? I seriously did not see that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Right, that's it. It's all about book sales and running for office with Colin Powell.
    This is the best of your ability to dissect a sentence and reveal the stated meaning?

    Do you truly believe that what I said?

    More importantly, do you beleive that's what others will see, reading my post?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I see you are still clutching the "get Powell by any means necessary" since he stood as an influential figure in the U.S. and went against the conservative grain. It'll be okay.
    Nope, just pointing out racism, is all.

    Powell's basically an irrelevancy and is only being discussed because the media picked up on his ignorant comments. What do his comments prove? That he's an ignorant hack that either doesn't understand the politics of the last decade, or who's whoring himself out in the hopes of getting another government job. Regardless, his comment that the GOP shouldn't move to the right is flat wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And one of understand reason, logic, history, and the difference between an established fact and an ignorant opinion. That one of us is not you.
    Yeah, and one of us can type the word "us" so the sentence makes sense.

    Also, no one proposing that Powell's support of Obama based on the belief that Obama's inarticulate vision of the future (I guess he doesn't have a "future teleprompter") has the slightest understanding of the currents of history. That one of us is you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    There you go again, the "my way or the highway" argument. You've offered no proof that he's a racist. And I'm a pro-gun Democrat, so "check mate."
    You think repeating yourself establishes credence?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Translation: I can't actually provide and intelligent rebuttal, so I'll rely on catcalling. Fine, as you can see, I can play both games at once.
    Yes, I've seen that you can't rebut arguments and that you call cats.

    So?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And there's the ball game. It just shows you are completely full of ****. It has everything to do with the discussion at hand because it is biggest factor in identifying who Colin Powell is and where most of his politics come from.
    See that guys? He says I'm full of stars! Cool!

    Oh, is this thread now about Finding Colon Powell, aka "Jiff"...er "Skippy", and figuring out where his misguided politics come from? I thought it was about his getting kicked in the head when he was a wee child....er his incredible political acumen in steering the Republican party down the same path towards serfdom the Democrats are eagerly pursuing, like little babies riding their strollers down a steep San Francisco hill into the cold and deadly bay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You didn't debate it because you can't. You don't really know anything about the man as evidenced by your brilliant commentary thus far.
    The debate isn't about the man. The debate is about the man's racist decision to back Obama for no reason at all.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Let's look at the whole "Powell voted based on race" thing objectively.

    96% of blacks voted for Obama. This is not something that normally happens for a white candidate.

    False


    Black Vote Key to Kerry?s Charge

    Since then, the black vote has averaged about 90 percent Democratic. Accordingly, black voters often play a key role in internal Democratic Party politics. The black vote played little role in the Democratic nominations of 1968 and 1972. In 1968, the convention, still dominated by white political machines, chose the nominee, and blacks were divided in 1972.

    However, 1976 was a watershed in black politics, setting up a pattern that continues today. Jimmy Carter, a white farmer from Georgia, swept the black vote against numerous northern liberals. Carter openly campaigned as a Southerner who had learned the value of racial reconciliation through the Civil Rights movement.
    It can be said with reason then that black Republicans voted for Obama because of race.
    Colin Powell is a black Republican. He voted for Obama just like most other black Republicans. It would be a tremendous coincidence if he happened to be the one of the very few black Republicans who voted for Obama for reasons other than race. I have yet to see evidence that confirms this tremendous coincidence to be truth.

    Honestly, he's not going to go out and say "I support Obama because he's black". We have to use some deductive reasoning here.
    Your reasoning is flawed and you seem to base your claims on non-facts. Please stop? For anybody to state that Democrats don't usually get over 90% of the black vote is simply dishonest. What next? Republicans usually win get half of the minority vote? Please stop it. This little claim of your has been debunked over and over again.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •