Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 236

Thread: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That post added more content than the entirety of your posts in this thread.
    Are you more content now?

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Ummmm....seriously. You need to turn off Fox, turn off Savage, put down the Ann Coulter novel, step away from the internet, and visit a zoo, or a park, or something. This is one of the most ludicrous statements I have ever seen posted on this forum.

    Ah. In this post of yours, you're quoting me, then addressing your remarks to some strawman that exists in the socialist mythos that so corrupts the nation.

    I was under no obligation to write a response for that mythical figure.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I've already provided a very good set of reasons as to why Powell would vote for Obama. You've been suspiciously absent in addressing my points. Wonder why that is?
    There. I've reviewed your posts.

    You provided zero reasons for Skippy to do what he did.

    You posted mostly trivial crap not worth responding to.

    And now you're whining that I ignored them. Well. Now I haven't ignored them.

    Happy?

  4. #144
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I provided a better reason.
    No you didn't, you provided an unsubstantiated reason that allowed you to pretend you were actually discrediting the man. All you did was make yourself look like a fool.

    You mean besides the fact that I don't recall seeing them?
    No, you don't read the threads thoroughly or you would have seen them.


    That's fine. What's he doing in politics, then? He too stupid to figure out what happened to MacArthur? He had hopes of being an Eisenhower, I suppose. That idea crashed and burned for two reasons. He's too liberal to get a Republican nomination, and the Democrats HATE the military.
    I'm sorry, when did Powell announce his candidacy again?


    You mean, he endorsed Obama back in the 70's? I missed that one.
    You missed it because I never said it and you have no clue as to what you are talking about apparently.
    I see you don't mention his pro-gun-control liberal philosophy. Why is that?
    Why would I?
    Since he endorsed Obama again in, just last year, I saw that one, and it is perfectly clear that, given the fact that Obama has ZERO qualifications to be president, just like my dog, that Powell was not using any practical measure of the man to endorse him. What else is there? Race.
    You've failed to actually debate the points I made about his military service. All you've done is inject red herrings and irrelevant tripe. No substance whatsoever.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #145
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    There. I've reviewed your posts.

    You provided zero reasons for Skippy to do what he did.

    You posted mostly trivial crap not worth responding to.

    And now you're whining that I ignored them. Well. Now I haven't ignored them.

    Happy?
    In other words the yellow streak present in your posts is a sign of your intellectual cowardice. Fine.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    He is? That's not what the other 8 people in the Republican primaries seemed to think.

    A legitimate point of policy Powell referenced in his endorsement was Obama's willingness to talk to governments the Bush administration had ignored (Iran, for example). You can debate the merits of his belief, but that's at least one legitimate foreign policy issue..
    Yeah, that's worked out well.

    North Korea has set off a nuke, and has been spending Memorial Day launching fireworks in the general direction of Japan.

    Iran has told Obama "Piss off, yo, we want the bigger M80's, too, and what're YOU gonna do?"

  7. #147
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts, U.S.
    Last Seen
    03-23-11 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    585

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah, that's worked out well.

    North Korea has set off a nuke, and has been spending Memorial Day launching fireworks in the general direction of Japan.

    Iran has told Obama "Piss off, yo, we want the bigger M80's, too, and what're YOU gonna do?"
    I'm not suggesting it's the correct policy, and we need to figure out a way to deal with Korea and Iran quickly. The recent nuclear test and Gulf of Aidan incidents are disconcerting, to say the least.

    But it's a legitimate policy difference advocated by both Powell and Obama.

  8. #148
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Here's another argument of yours:



    So, you're saying that Powell's "strategic vision" was for the United States to rush down the path the Russians followed until 1989, and to kiss European ass?
    No, I didn't say that at all. You're injecting your hyper partisan assessment of Obama's desire to improve relations with our European allies in order to mask your complete ignorance of Colin Powell's philosophy.

    Like I was saying, since Obama doesn't have any qualifications to be president, Powell couldn't have used them for endorsing him.
    And like you were saying...well you weren't saying much at all because you didn't actually debate the point. You're just spewing ignorant vitriol. You're good at it though.

    Now you're arguing that Powell must have been kicked in the head by an Army mule to explain his endorsement.
    No, not at all. I'm arguing that Powell's military experience is a major, if not the major determinant in his political decision making. He saw what Bush and Co. did to his strategy, he wasn't going to watch McCain continue the abortion.


    So, because Obama wasn't qualified, and because Skippy was kicked in the head, Skippy endorsed him.
    I think you were the one kicked in the head here. Seriously, you don't debate. You just cackle.
    Really, the race issue makes more sense.
    No, the race issue makes you sound stupid.
    I mean, could a person dedicated to preserving the nation actually endorse anyone like Obama? No, that's not possible.
    He absolutely could. And if you knew anything at all about what you were talking about you would understand why. But then we couldn't have your hyper partisan ignorant mindset being compromised by sound logic and reason now could we?
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No you didn't, you provided an unsubstantiated reason that allowed you to pretend you were actually discrediting the man. All you did was make yourself look like a fool.
    No. Racism is a reason. Just because you don't like the truth doesn't mean it isn't the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, you don't read the threads thoroughly or you would have seen them.
    Prove I didn't see them.

    Don't use your assumption that your posts are diamonds you graciously cast into the mud before swine to count as evidence. Being a total pig, I am perfectly free to choose to ignore rocks when looking for something to eat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'm sorry, when did Powell announce his candidacy again?
    That would be more properly asked "when did the media push the Powell candidacy and how did Powell use the media pressure to boost sales of a book no one would otherwise have heard of, without actually saying if he was going to be a candidate or not", and the answer is "1996".

    You should get your nose out of books and pay attention to what's happenin'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You missed it because I never said it and you have no clue as to what you are talking about apparently.
    One of us understands the nature of rhetoric. That one of us is not you, apparently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Why would I?
    Well, you wouldn't do that because it illustrates Skippy's far left positions on politics and invalidates his claim to be a real genuine Republican, and supports claims that he's a racist RINO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You've failed to actually debate the points I made about his military service.
    You haven't raised a point subject to debate.

    That might be the reason why.

    Then again, it might merely be that his military service isn't relevant to the discussion at hand.

    I'll let you pick which, and maybe someone will care enough to debate why I didn't bother to debate the fact that you mentioned Powell's military record.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    All you've done is inject red herrings and irrelevant tripe. No substance whatsoever.
    That, and shredded the posts you provided in my own uniquely cutting fashion.

  10. #150
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yeah, that's worked out well.

    North Korea has set off a nuke, and has been spending Memorial Day launching fireworks in the general direction of Japan.

    Iran has told Obama "Piss off, yo, we want the bigger M80's, too, and what're YOU gonna do?"
    It's actually working out very well. Seriously, you ignore the work he's doing in Europe and the Middle East to focus the most hard to crack nations. Nobody said he was going to win them over six months into his Presidency. It's taken decades to create the rifts between these nations and the ideological chasms are huge. Reasonable people realize you have to start the process somewhere and the process will take time. Reasonable people being the key words.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •