Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 236

Thread: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

  1. #111
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again no one in the United States has ever taken a position that suggests we just topple any regime that is not a Democracy. The case of Afghanistan and Iraq were born out of events that surrounded 9-11 and the realization that a declaration of war on our society by those who would attack us should be taken seriously and that UN resolutions against a despot like Saddam should actually finally be enforced.

    The notion that we have been doing that since WWII requires willful ignorance of history. What were doing was supporting regimes/governments that were resisting direct forcible Communist attempts take over their nationís governments. Now maybe you think Communists should have taken over the Middle East, Asia and South America by force, but a vast majority would disagree with your assertions.

    Communism was a violent and despotic one party system that was desirous of our destruction as a nation based on our Democratic ideals.
    Do you ever have any idea what you are talking about? I never asserted that we have been doing so since WWII, to the contrary I was asserting the negative in response to another post. Read before you react please. And the whole enforcement of the Saddam thing is another thread, and yes once again you are wrong on that as well.

  2. #112
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,417
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    What are Powell's views on specific issues? Does anyone here know?

    And by the way, Powell and any other so called moderate who wants to move the GOP to the left must explain why, when the ideal moderate Republican candidate (John McCain) was there to be elected, they chose to vote for Obama.
    Let's see:

    He voted for a:

    Guy who sought out and worked with a domestic terrorist.
    Had a race baiting mentor or two.
    Is praised by Saul Alinsky's son for a Rules for Radicals Job well done.
    Has a wife that leaks the toxic mess they believe in.
    Believes in "spreading the wealth around".
    Thinks of much of the country as "bitter clingers".
    Was the point man behind infanticide legislation.

    Voting for that mess tells me Powell is off the reservation and has to support much of the Obama economic policies as well as those Obama and McCain shared.

    How can a Republican intellectually square voting for Obama with that freight train of baggage?
    And as an alternative he has A MODERATE REPUBLICAN he could have voted for and endorsed, but NO! Powell had to go with the Marxist.

    This has Intellectual FAIL written all over it.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 05-26-09 at 07:35 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #113
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Let's see:

    He voted for a:

    Guy who sought out and worked with a domestic terrorist.
    Had a race baiting mentor or two.
    Is praised by Saul Alinsky's son for a Rules for Radicals Job well done.
    Has a wife that leaks the toxic mess they believe in.
    Believes in "spreading the wealth around".
    Thinks of much of the country as "bitter clingers".
    Was the point man behind infanticide legislation.

    Voting for that mess tells me Powell is off the reservation.
    How can a Republican intellectually square voting for Obama with that freight train of baggage?
    And as an alternative he has A MODERATE REPUBLICAN he could have voted for and endorsed, but NO! Powell had to go with the Marxist.

    This has Intellectual FAIL written all over it.

    .
    Amazing what trivial crap you can dig up about an obviously competent president, while at the same time defending a man so inept he couldn't watch tv and eat pretzels at the same time.

  4. #114
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,417
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Amazing what trivial crap you can dig up about an obviously competent president, while at the same time defending a man so inept he couldn't watch tv and eat pretzels at the same time.
    Let's see, I state a series of facts, words he said and associations he had... and you present none.

    And you call mine "trivial crap"?
    LOL.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #115
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    I thought by now we would actually be debating policy on this forum, but so far it is nothing but the same back and forth from the election. Some are actually using the same rhetoric from the election. No more partisan garbage, let's actually discuss policy without resorting to name calling or politician labelling. At least I hope this is achievable.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Amazing what trivial crap you can dig up about an obviously competent president, while at the same time defending a man so inept he couldn't watch tv and eat pretzels at the same time.
    You need to fix your post. It's missing an "in", and you need to put it between "obviously" and "competent".

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I thought by now we would actually be debating policy on this forum, but so far it is nothing but the same back and forth from the election. Some are actually using the same rhetoric from the election. No more partisan garbage, let's actually discuss policy without resorting to name calling or politician labelling. At least I hope this is achievable.
    You're kidding, right? The thread is about Skippy's use of race as a criteria to endorse a presidential candidate. Of course it's going to bring issues from the election back to the surface.

  8. #118
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You're kidding, right? The thread is about Skippy's use of race as a criteria to endorse a presidential candidate. Of course it's going to bring issues from the election back to the surface.
    I was just venting in this thread, but you could argue why and present evidence as to your claims. At least then it would appear more intelligent than simply calling him Skippy and assuming that because Powell is black he voted for Obama.

  9. #119
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,418

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You're kidding, right? The thread is about Skippy's use of race as a criteria to endorse a presidential candidate. Of course it's going to bring issues from the election back to the surface.
    Bull****. Prove it or retract. You're starting to sound like an ignorant bigot.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #120
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,418

    Re: Powell cautions against a GOP slide to the right

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I was just venting in this thread, but you could argue why and present evidence as to your claims. At least then it would appear more intelligent than simply calling him Skippy and assuming that because Powell is black he voted for Obama.
    He makes statements like he does because he's ignorant about who Colin Powell is. He's ignorant about many subjects.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •