Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 503

Thread: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

  1. #81
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Yes you are right the Dems will not bring the charges...America will and the world will demand it.

    It's called doing the right thing.
    America will do the right thing....and not charge anybody as there was no crime committed.

  2. #82
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Ok, you say it's torture. Ummm.....so what?

    A talking head gets water poured up his nose and he says its torture. Ummm.....so what?

    Three terrorists who got water poured up their nose said stuff a great deal more interesting--actionable intelligence. It accomplished what it was meant to accomplish. Every interrogation technique ever devised has as its motivation getting people to reveal things; the caliber of the technique is gauged by the quality of the information revealed. Call it torture all day long if that's what it takes to build up your self-esteem; it worked, and because it worked, CIA interrogators successfully accomplished their mission. All the pissing and pontificating about "oh, no, the dreaded T-word" won't alter the reality that the interrogators did what they needed to do to complete their mission.
    Can you please provide evidence of this actionable intelligence? And don't use Dick Cheney's words. I want to see an objective source indicating that we received actionable intelligence from waterboarding terrorists. Thank you.

  3. #83
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,507
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Can you please provide evidence of this actionable intelligence? And don't use Dick Cheney's words. I want to see an objective source indicating that we received actionable intelligence from waterboarding terrorists. Thank you.
    The CIA confirmed this years ago.

    Phoenix Conservative Examiner: CIA confirms waterboarding prevented 9/11-style attacks on Los Angeles
    The Central Intelligence Agency told CNSNews.com today that it stands by the assertion made in a May 30, 2005 Justice Department memo that the use of “enhanced techniques” of interrogation on al Qaeda leader Khalid Sheik Mohammed (KSM) -- including the use of waterboarding -- caused KSM to reveal information that allowed the U.S. government to thwart a planned attack on Los Angeles.
    What is wrong with using Cheney as a reference?
    You like selective use of facts?
    From someone who was actively involved.

    Why did Obama, exhibiting flawless political hackery, fail to reveal the successes of these interrogations?

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #84
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The CIA confirmed this years ago.

    Phoenix Conservative Examiner: CIA confirms waterboarding prevented 9/11-style attacks on Los Angeles


    What is wrong with using Cheney as a reference?
    You like selective use of facts?
    From someone who was actively involved.

    Why did Obama, exhibiting flawless political hackery, fail to reveal the successes of these interrogations?

    .
    The CIA confirmed years ago, and all you can find is a blog reference?

    Also, the reference mentions "these enhanced techniques." What constitutes "these" and which one of "those" made 'em spill the beans???

    I love the following comment from CSUHGRAD, who replied to the blogger you quoted as irrefutable fact. I think you should especially take notice of the last sentence. ;-)

    I think anyone who wasn't politically biased would take a look at what we are doing to people and say that it is torture.

    On top of that, most of the time torture doesn't work. All it does it coerce mostly false information from people who are probably innocent, though some of them aren't. Most of all, we need to stop spending money on all of these wars and prisons and army bases. We can't afford it, Period.

    On top of the top of that, the CIA isn't known for being truthful. Of course they would say that. They are protecting their interests. Why should be we believe them? Its the good old fashioned honor system..."trust me, Im not doing anything wrong"

    Does Obama think he is being fiscally irresponsible? You know he does. HE knows what he is doing. But will he admit it? Not a chance. "its in the interest of the security of America" blah blah blah. It is the same way with the CIA and the Bush Admin. They knew what they were doing, and then they deny it. The hardcore republicans/party liners go along with it, rabidly defending it for no other reason than partisan politics and the CIA can continue doing it.

    I guess if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

    Seriously, if both parties officially switched views on everything, I doubt actual democrats would become republicans and vice versa. If the republican party suddenly decided that Gay Marriage was a good thing, I dont think you would see too much resistance from the sheeple.
    It is too easy to be convinced of your own superiority than to admit someone else has a good point, or that you were wrong.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  5. #85
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,507
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The CIA confirmed years ago, and all you can find is a blog reference?

    Also, the reference mentions "these enhanced techniques." What constitutes "these" and which one of "those" made 'em spill the beans???

    I love the following comment from CSUHGRAD, who replied to the blogger you quoted as irrefutable fact. I think you should especially take notice of the last sentence. ;-)

    I think anyone who wasn't politically biased would take a look at what we are doing to people and say that it is torture.

    On top of that, most of the time torture doesn't work. All it does it coerce mostly false information from people who are probably innocent, though some of them aren't. Most of all, we need to stop spending money on all of these wars and prisons and army bases. We can't afford it, Period.

    On top of the top of that, the CIA isn't known for being truthful. Of course they would say that. They are protecting their interests. Why should be we believe them? Its the good old fashioned honor system..."trust me, Im not doing anything wrong"

    Does Obama think he is being fiscally irresponsible? You know he does. HE knows what he is doing. But will he admit it? Not a chance. "its in the interest of the security of America" blah blah blah. It is the same way with the CIA and the Bush Admin. They knew what they were doing, and then they deny it. The hardcore republicans/party liners go along with it, rabidly defending it for no other reason than partisan politics and the CIA can continue doing it.

    I guess if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

    Seriously, if both parties officially switched views on everything, I doubt actual democrats would become republicans and vice versa. If the republican party suddenly decided that Gay Marriage was a good thing, I dont think you would see too much resistance from the sheeple.
    It is too easy to be convinced of your own superiority than to admit someone else has a good point, or that you were wrong.
    A blog that referenced a news site.

    I guess that went over your head.
    You related to aps?

    Pssst. CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

    It is a recent article referencing a previous article.
    Is that good enough for you?

    Do you lack the intellectual curiosity to find the truth?
    Seems so.

    Hack away. The tee is open.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 05-26-09 at 10:53 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #86
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Since the other thread was ruined, let me jump in here. What happened to this host, was expected. Did he think it was going to be pleasant?


    There is a reason it has been done, It is motivating.


    He like others, will survive this ordeal, with no permanant injury, and perhaps, These poor terrorists will have some information that saves this host's or your family from being killed by this enemy.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #87
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The CIA confirmed this years ago.

    Phoenix Conservative Examiner: CIA confirms waterboarding prevented 9/11-style attacks on Los Angeles


    What is wrong with using Cheney as a reference?
    You like selective use of facts?
    From someone who was actively involved.

    Why did Obama, exhibiting flawless political hackery, fail to reveal the successes of these interrogations?

    .
    I asked for an objective source. examiner.com and cnsnews.com are jokes. Come on, zimmer.

  8. #88
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,507
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I asked for an objective source. examiner.com and cnsnews.com are jokes. Come on, zimmer.
    Nancy, is that you?
    I thought you were running to your ChiCom buddies for cover.

    Come home Nancy, the waters are still hot.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #89
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Since the other thread was ruined, let me jump in here. What happened to this host, was expected. Did he think it was going to be pleasant?


    There is a reason it has been done, It is motivating.


    He like others, will survive this ordeal, with no permanant injury, and perhaps, These poor terrorists will have some information that saves this host's or your family from being killed by this enemy.
    Yeh, sure. Name one instance of that happening outside of 24


  10. #90
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Nancy, is that you?
    I thought you were running to your ChiCom buddies for cover.

    Come home Nancy, the waters are still hot.

    .
    Well that answers my question, now, doesn't it?

    Thank you for confirming that I cannot take you seriously. Buh-bye.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •