Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 503

Thread: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

  1. #401
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Do you seriously think they're going to rat when they are not afraid of death? Especially considering ratting out a cause in which they are prepared to die for?

    Think about it.
    Do you seriously think they're NOT going to rat when they are not afraid of death?

    Think about it.

    Suicidal people, from my experience aren't exactly clear thinkers. Your hoping to generalize something which you cannot. Please move on.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Do you seriously think they're NOT going to rat when they are not afraid of death?

    Think about it.

    Suicidal people, from my experience aren't exactly clear thinkers. Your hoping to generalize something which you cannot. Please move on.
    The problem is,the one you obviously choose to ignore, is when people are scared of dying they will say anything to get it to stop. Therefore the assinine justification for torture flies out the window.

    They will "rat" on their own mother to get it to stop.

    Get it?

  3. #403
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Or, how about what % of Muslims hate America because of the torture that they utilize in their interrogation techniques?
    This is definitely something to consider when making public policy. That is, its a cost-benefit analysis.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #404
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I ate a bible once. But in my defense I was very hungry and thought it was a really fancy phone book.
    I hear the gold lacing tastes like lemon. Did you think so?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  5. #405
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,499

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    why should I bother?
    Because it's the case you are making, that's why. Are you afraid you are going to see just how full of holes it is and be forced to rethink your stance on the issue?

    We all know how it ends. Its not 100% and anything but that is too low for you. Even if it was 100% you'd reject it on other grounds. Its pointless to debate this aspect with you. Not that there is enough data available to justify any such certainty. Torture isn't exactly something you make public, successfull or not.
    Sure, don't substantiate your case because I simply won't change my mind. That's a good reason for not validating your position. The bottom line here is that you cannot substantiate your case with evidence. You have simply decided in your mind that you have no problem with torture for whatever reason. But it's not because you know it's effective. You don't know that at all because there is no evidence to substantiate it. I'll not speculate as to what your real reasons are because they are irrelevant to be honest. It's a personal choice that you've made and that's all that really matters at this point.

    Yet you rely on nothing but your personal subjective morals which are nothing more than the summation of hypothetical situations derived from logic and/or intuition and/or experience.
    No, you are quite wrong. None of my reasons for rejecting torture are hypothetical. Here is what I know to be well established fact:
    • Torture is illegal.
    • We have tortured individuals needlessly and then released them in Afghanistan.
    • We have killed detainees with torture.
    • Torture is barbaric.
    • Torture is ineffective. There are far more credible experts who agree with me on this than there are that disagree.
    • There is no available evidence to support the notion that torture is effective.


    Are you scared that you may find fault in your position?
    Not at all.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 05-28-09 at 10:14 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #406
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,499

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I hear the gold lacing tastes like lemon. Did you think so?
    Actually it was more like saffron.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #407
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Better than other techniques?
    interesting tangent but still a red-herring.

    Can you prove that?
    prove what? What have I said that requires proof? Or are you having trouble following my posts?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  8. #408
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    interesting tangent but still a red-herring.

    prove what? What have I said that requires proof? Or are you having trouble following my posts?
    You claimed that torture worked. It only actually "works" if it is more effective than other techniques, otherwise saying that it works is misleading. I can pound a nail with a rock. It "works". Using a hammer is alot more effective.

  9. #409
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    The problem is,the one you obviously choose to ignore, is when people are scared of dying they will say anything to get it to stop. Therefore the assinine justification for torture flies out the window.

    They will "rat" on their own mother to get it to stop.

    Get it?
    And this is a definite flaw. But what part of "its worked before" isn't clear to you? You're a couple pages behind golden. Please catch up.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  10. #410
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,499

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    And if you can't give them then you can't make a case against it. Especially so because it has worked in the past.
    You absolutely can. I don't have to prove a negative in order to start from a reliable position. The sheer lack of evidence alone is enough to make my case. We've tortured many, many people since the this war began and we have what, one or two instances of "actionable information" that can be referenced.

    Your argument isn't valid.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •