Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 503

Thread: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

  1. #341
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    For someone who claims they are in law enforcement, your ability to deal with the FACTS of this case is weak at best. It is pretty obvious you’re more guided by your emotions than the FACTS.

    Once again, we are NOT talking about “civil liberties” here. Where in any of the FACTS are we dealing with “civil liberties?” When did NON-UNIFORMED ENYMY COMBATANTS who are captured on foreign soil suddenly obtain these “civil liberties?”





    I notice you are referring to techniques that were used illegally by a select few who then were prosecuted for it.

    Certainly you are not expecting me to fall for this Lerxst like red herring are you?



    Once again, your lack of FACTS to support the farcical assertion that illegalities occurred and personal opinions are hardly a substitute for the facts in this case.



    This isn’t about being scared; this is about an administration and President who took their primary duty to protect American lives serious in the aftermath of 9-11.


    No core principles were violated. Again, your personal opinions do not make a good substitute for the FACTS. I gave you the definition of torture, and you have still not addressed how these enhanced methods can be intellectually connected to the definition of torture or the intellectual requirements of torture.



    I never claimed you were; but you argue like one in many instances. You allow your emotional state to interfere with common sense and dealing with the FACTS.



    Now you are entering into farcical hyperbole when you suggest that the previous Administration or ANY for that matter could be “tyrannical.” Another EMOTION filled argument with little substance.



    Once more this is emotional hyperbole and hardly substantive. I am always amused when people claim they voted for Bush as if it gives their farcical arguments some form of credibility.

    Yes, that terrible Bush; how dare him take his duty as President and protection of Americans so damned serious!

    One thing is certain though; if there is another attack, and yes they will continue to try and it only takes ONE time for success, Obama and the Democrats OWN it.

    Nothing they are doing can even be construed as in the interests of the safety of our citizens and this nation. Their actions and divisive partisan rhetoric put our citizens at great risk, our troops in great risk and the mission in Iraq and Afghanistan at great risk.

    Osama was right; the American people do not have the stomach or the will to win this fight and he will use our own internal divisive partisanship to succeed where he knows he can’t on the field of battle.
    I'd like some blue cheese dressing, cracked pepper, and sesame seeds please. Hold the farcical and hyperbole, it gives me gas.
    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Well her "authority" would be INCORRECT then wouldn't it?

    "There is a difference between territorial jurisdiction and sovereignty," writes US District Judge Howard Matz in his decision. "The court finds that Guantanamo Bay is NOT within the sovereign territory of the United States."
    So it's Not sovereign territory?

    The international treaties we signed says.

    "The Torture Act makes it a felony for any person, acting under color of law, to commit an act of torture upon any person within the defendant’s custody or control outside the United States.[27] Torture is defined as the intentional infliction of “severe physical or mental pain or suffering” upon a person within the defendant’s custody or control.[28] To be “severe,” any mental pain or suffering resulting from torture must be “prolonged.”

    [29] Under this law, torture is punishable by up to twenty years imprisonment unless the victim dies as a result of the torture, in which case the penalty is death or life in prison.[30"

    The diehard torture deniers are shaking in their shoes....

  3. #343
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    That's exactly what I've been saying. How exactly claim the moral high ground when we engage in such activities?
    What exactly does this 'oh so elusive and subjective goal of attaining the "moral high ground" accomplish?
    I know a lot of people use 9/11 as an excuse and say that it was a game changer, but it's a slippery slope. When we get rid of a lot of the core values that make us great, before long there is little to separate us from our enemies.
    When we become a nation which acquiesces to the subjective moral views of the weak-kneed and cowardly then we hamstring ourselves and our future.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #344
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'd like some blue cheese dressing, cracked pepper, and sesame seeds please. Hold the farcical and hyperbole, it gives me gas.
    What kinda whine would you like with that?

    Oh wait never mind I see TD brought it.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Your dishonesty is well known. That left wing blog I got much of my information from is the National Review Online. Here is the article. It is by Conservative blogger Jim Minzi. The National Review Online is well noted for its past stars - Namely William Kristol and William F. Buckley. Now before you start calling Jim Minzi, William Kristol, and William F. Buckley Liberal bloggers, I suggest you read the article.
    His name is Jim Manzi who founded Lotus Development and that article is a blog piece of his OPINION and contains nothing any more factual than your farcical attempts to suggest we are torturing people. Do you have anything to support your assertion that he is a “Conservative” or a “Republican?” And is it also your desperate contention that he speaks for the Conservative movement as a blogger in the “Corner” of the National Review or even represents the views of the National Review?

    REALLY?

    I do see he did some fundraising “Manzi made a headlines in 1999 as a high-profile fundraiser for Presidential candidate Bill Bradley.” Wow, what credentials!


    Again, you refuse to address the definition of torture; you continue on a whiney diatribe about the REAL topic of the thread and refuse to acknowledge the FACTS. Is it any wonder you feel like a rag doll being thrown about?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    As for calling me a whiner, assinine, trite, and offensive, there is no room in this thread for that. Stop your god damn trolling. Your post has been reported.
    I see you also have difficulty distinguishing REALITY from hyperbole. I claimed your ASSERTIONS were asinine, trite and offensive; which they are and which I supported in my statements. Something you never seem to do.

    As for claiming there are whiners on the forum, are you desperately trying to suggest that that constitutes a rule violation? You’re kidding me right?

    Once more we see another of your whiney desperate attempts to avoid having your assertions slapped back into your face and proven to be farcical by your diatribes about not addressing the thread topic and stretch to claim you are somehow being personally insulted. The only thing insulting here are your ideas and arguments which are intellectually insulting.

    Now aside from you quoting a BLOGGER on a BLOG site, what part of my comments are non-factual? Got substance Dan?

    Nothing I state here is dishonest Dan, but much of what you post certainly is either dishonest, or requires the willful suspension of disbelief and seldom involves you having a creative though of your own.

    Now tell me Dan, how does Water-boarding meet the definition of torture; let’s have a REAL debate rather than your reliance and plagiarism of a bloggers views.

    P.S. You know you are on a roll when GoldenDog thanks you.

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    What exactly does this 'oh so elusive and subjective goal of attaining the "moral high ground" accomplish?.
    1. It makes it more likely that the local populace in places like Iraq, those who AREN'T fleabag wannabe terrorists (aka, the overwhelming majority), will be receptive to our forces there.

    2. It makes it less likely that said individuals will join organizations and attack our military personnel on the grounds that we look exactly like Saddam Hussein.

    3. It makes it less likely that our military personnel will, in return, be tortured by our enemies, who can offer up our actions as justification for their own (what's good for the goose is good to the gander).

    4. It helps us remain true to our national heritage and avoid the slippery slope of undermining core principles such as:

    "All men are created equal, and endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights..."

    I know. I'm such a f'ing liberal, believing in this stuff.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What kinda whine would you like with that?
    I"m a huge fan of a nice grenache, syrah, mouvedre, but I think TD's whine is a lot more sour than what I prefer.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So it's Not sovereign territory?

    The international treaties we signed says.

    "The Torture Act makes it a felony for any person, acting under color of law, to commit an act of torture upon any person within the defendant’s custody or control outside the United States.[27] Torture is defined as the intentional infliction of “severe physical or mental pain or suffering” upon a person within the defendant’s custody or control.[28] To be “severe,” any mental pain or suffering resulting from torture must be “prolonged.”

    [29] Under this law, torture is punishable by up to twenty years imprisonment unless the victim dies as a result of the torture, in which case the penalty is death or life in prison.[30"

    The diehard torture deniers are shaking in their shoes....
    What part of this do you continue to NOT get dude?

    "Torture is defined as the intentional infliction of “severe physical or mental pain or suffering” upon a person within the defendant’s custody or control.[28] To be “severe,” any mental pain or suffering resulting from torture must be “prolonged.”

    Please show how the methods that were used even come CLOSE to this definition; and please, because you say so doesn't cut it.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What part of this do you continue to NOT get dude?

    "Torture is defined as the intentional infliction of “severe physical or mental pain or suffering” upon a person within the defendant’s custody or control.[28] To be “severe,” any mental pain or suffering resulting from torture must be “prolonged.”

    Please show how the methods that were used even come CLOSE to this definition; and please, because you say so doesn't cut it.
    11 days isn't prolonged?

  10. #350
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    What exactly does this 'oh so elusive and subjective goal of attaining the "moral high ground" accomplish?
    Well, for one we can say that we are better than our enemies.

    When we become a nation which acquiesces to the subjective moral views of the weak-kneed and cowardly then we hamstring ourselves and our future.
    So people are weak because they want to sustain the core values that make our country great?

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •