Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 503

Thread: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Please explain why this is not part of the TRUTH?

    Why is is exaggeration and hyperbole to point out these deaths by torture?

    Look beyound what is being offered up as reality...the truth lies there.

    The truth many people want desperately to ignore.
    Sweetie, I'm as appalled by the issue of torture and government complicity in it as you are. But I'm not going to allow myself to be jolted into hysteria by non-credible sources.

    You need to examine, VERY CAREFULLY, the information that is impacting your opinions on these issues. There is enough bad news without exaggerating it.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Did the article say any thing about "retribution killings of beatings on the battlefield"? IT SAYS TORTURED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Why do you choose to ignore reality?
    What part of that article was real? I saw a less than credible and un-sourced diatribe that was lifted from a left wing blog site.

    If this is such a credible story, why is it not headlined in the New York Times? After all, everyone knows they have been on a seven year campaign of ignorance against the Bush Administration.


  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    If this is such a credible story, why is it not headlined in the New York Times? After all, everyone knows they have been on a seven year campaign of ignorance against the Bush Administration.

    You know what's really amusing about this comment? The New York Times STILL won't even use the term TORTURE.

    But, don't let that distract you from your paradigms.

  4. #274
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You know what's really amusing about this comment? The New York Times STILL won't even use the term TORTURE.

    But, don't let that distract you from your paradigms.



    They use it all the time:


    torture - NYTimes.com Search
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    They use it all the time:


    torture - NYTimes.com Search
    I'm sorry, let me be more clear. They have yet to refer to U.S. actions towards enemy combatants as "torture."

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You know what's really amusing about this comment? The New York Times STILL won't even use the term TORTURE.

    But, don't let that distract you from your paradigms.
    What did you say, the New York Times won’t even use the term torture? Are they being fooled by Bush too?

    Paradigms? What a trite and farcical comment coming from someone who cannot even support their notions about torture with any facts.

    I posted the United Nations definition of torture which mirrors the Geneva Conventions (which don't even apply to terrorists) and have YET to see ANYONE who makes the false claim that water boarding is torture provide any analysis that suggests what we did amounts to "torture."

    Hey, I have an idea, why don't you give it whirl?

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....


  8. #278
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your lying Dan. If it was about a Liberal talk show host doing it, you wouldn’t have bothered. Why you may ask? Because we already know pretty much where Liberals stand on this patently partisan emotionally hysterical issue don’t we?

    But you selected a story about a “CONSERVATIVE” in a desperate effort to suggest that it supports YOUR misguided views about what actually constitutes torture.


    Here it is again Dan, because you keep IGNORING it for some profound reason that is beyond me:

    ...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.

    —UN Convention Against Torture[1]

    Torture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    How asinine and offensive to the good men and women who are trying to protect this nation by comparing what they did to three select prisoners to the Japanese, Viet Cong, Gestapo and Kmer Rouge. Is it willful denial that you left out the KGB and their gulags?

    But again, you willfully ignore the definition of torture so here it is again Dan, because you keep IGNORING it for some profound reason that is beyond me:

    ...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.

    —UN Convention Against Torture[1]


    Torture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Now please share with me in a coherent fashion how our methods and reasons for water boarding even comes close to the above definition and stop deliberately avoiding my questions?



    I gave you my take; you have a talk show host who tried it and discovered it is a very EFFECTIVE technique that doesn’t cause any severe harm or damage to it’s subjects.

    Why should ANYONE care what HE thinks torture is Dan? I gave you the United Nations definition which mirrors the Geneva Conventions; please share with me how the CIA’s handling of these confessed terrorists was even close to the definition.

    While you’re at it, please support your asinine assertions that it was anything like the torture conducted by the Japanese, the Nazi’s, the Vietcong, the Khmer Rouge or the professional torturers of all time, the KGB?

    Carry on Dan, your desperate assertions in a vacuum of reality and the facts and SELECTIVE outrage have been noted.
    1) That is not what he said at all. He said it was torture. If he thought it was an effective psychological technique, he would have said so. He ardently supported waterboarding, and agreed to be waterboarded so he could show his fans that it was OK to do. He came out of it with the opposite opininon.


    2) Nothing but a personal attack and name calling here.

    3) You keep mentioning this part of the UN code "
    It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions." However, waterboarding is not arising from, inherent in, or incidental to any lawful sanctions. As a matter of fact, waterboarding is illegal under the following sanctions:

    * Title 18, Part I, Chapter 113C of the U.S. Code:

    *
    Article 7 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights Ratified By Senate 1992:

    *
    United Nations Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment Ratified By Senate 1994:

    *
    Common Article 3 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War Ratified by Congress 1955:

    * The 8th Amendment to the Constitution - You might argue that this only applies to American citizens, but the Founding Fathers clearly specified that these rights were inalienable, and given by God, not by government.

    4) No substance, just another personal attack. Ignored.

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #279
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I'm sorry, let me be more clear. They have yet to refer to U.S. actions towards enemy combatants as "torture."


    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/op...torture&st=cse


    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/24/op...torture&st=cse


    Feinstein Issues Statement on Torture - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com


    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/13/bu...torture&st=cse
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    1) That is not what he said at all. He said it was torture. If he thought it was an effective psychological technique, he would have said so. He ardently supported waterboarding, and agreed to be waterboarded so he could show his fans that it was OK to do. He came out of it with the opposite opininon.


    2) Nothing but a personal attack and name calling here.

    3) You keep mentioning this part of the UN code "
    It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions." However, waterboarding is not arising from, inherent in, or incidental to any lawful sanctions. As a matter of fact, waterboarding is illegal under the following sanctions:

    * Title 18, Part I, Chapter 113C of the U.S. Code:

    *
    Article 7 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights Ratified By Senate 1992:

    *
    United Nations Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment Ratified By Senate 1994:

    *
    Common Article 3 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War Ratified by Congress 1955:

    * The 8th Amendment to the Constitution - You might argue that this only applies to American citizens, but the Founding Fathers clearly specified that these rights were inalienable, and given by God, not by government.

    4) No substance, just another personal attack. Ignored.

    There you go again Dan, when you are called on your patently asinine and offensive assertions comparing what the good men and women of our Government did to the Nazi's and Vietcong, you just ignore.

    Bravo Dan. By the way, if what they did was OBVIOUSLY illegal according to your citations (which you probably pulled from a Left wing blog), why then is the Democrat led Congress and White House not prosecuting?

    By Dan; I admit that I do enjoy shoving your whiney, trite and offensive little tirades back in your uninformed face.

    But hey, you go on ignoring the REAL definition and keep citing codes you obviously are clueless about and compare the men and women fighting to keep you safe no better than Communists, Nazi’s and thugs.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •