Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 503

Thread: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

  1. #261
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    OBVIOUSLY you ignored my response or you wouldn't have to keep asking the same question OVER and OVER and OVER again. Here, let me REPEAT it in BOLD (pay special attention to the capitalized parts):

    Would it have been less relevant IF A LIBERAL had done this? Tell me something, WHY IS THE FACT THAT HE IS “CONSERVATIVE” EVEN A RELEVANT TALKING POINT FOR YOU?

    Now, a better question to ask yourself, which you won't of course, is DID THIS TECHNIQUE CAUSE THE "CONSERVATIVE" IRREPARABLE HARM? DID IT CAUSE SEVERE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HARM PER THE DEFINITION OF WHAT CONSTITUTES TORTURE?

    The ANSWER to your desperate assertion was contained here, so let me repeat it AGAIN:

    No it OBVIOUSLY did not; IT MERELY SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF A RADIO SHOW PERSON WHO HAD NO CLUE WHAT HE WAS ABOUT TO ENDURE and proved why WE SUBJECT OUR OWN TROOPS TO THESE METHODS AS A PREPARATION TO WHAT THEY MAY EXPECT. UNFORTUNATELY, THE TECHNIQUES USED BY OUR ENEMIES ARE SO OBVIOUSLY SEVERE THAT WE CANNOT POSSIBLY PREPARE OUR TROOPS FOR THEM WITHOUT CAUSING SEVERE PERMANENT PHYSICAL DAMAGE, PERMANENT MENTAL HARM OR BASICALLY KILLING THEM.

    There, I hope the second reading made my points more clear. Perhaps the bold and caps will help you READ and with a little effort, attempt to comprehend what it is I am saying.

    Let me again point you to the definition of what TORTURE is as stated by the UNITED NATIONS:

    ...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.

    —UN Convention Against Torture[1]


    Torture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Carry on dude!
    You keep attempting to derail the discussion by asking if it would be less relevant if a Liberal did it? I will answer that. Hell NO. If a Liberal did it, it is still torture.

    We prosecuted the Japanese for using it.

    We prosecuted our own soldiers in Viet Nam for using it.

    We prosecuted one of our own Generals during the Spanish American War for using it.

    Who else used waterboarding?

    1) The German Gestapo.

    2) Various Latin dictatorships.

    3) The Kmer Rouge in Cambodia.

    I believe we are above that. Now please answer the question:

    What is your take on Conservatives who are against waterboarding? More specifically, why did a Conservative change his mind after being waterboarded?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #262
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No you don't; that is a lie based on your emotional hysterics about the previous administration somehow conducting illegal torture on those poor pathetic terrorists.
    Then your entire, hyper partisan, hysteria laden production is a lie. You are a prime example of everything that is going wrong with the right at this point in time. You mind is locked up tight as a drum and you have no ability the see anything outside the your extremist blinders.

    I don't know how a person can type as much as you do but never actually say anything new or enlightening. The record just continues to skip.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #263
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    But what Cheney and Rush refuse to tell their followers is that we tortured over 100 people to death..

    A simple fact is being overlooked in the Bush-era torture scandal: the number of cases in which detainees have been tortured to death. Abuse did not only involve the high-profile cases of smashing detainees into plywood barriers (“walling”), confinement in coffin-like boxes with insects, sleep deprivation, cold, and waterboarding. To date approximately 100 detainees, including CIA-held detainees, have died during U.S. interrogations, and some are known to have been tortured to death. From John Sifton


    A review of homicide cases, however, shows that few detainee deaths have been properly investigated. Many were not investigated at all. And no official investigation has looked into the connection between detainee deaths and the interrogation policies promulgated by the Bush administration.
    Yet an important report by the Senate Armed Services Committee, declassified in April 2009, explains in clear terms how Bush-era interrogation techniques, including torture, once authorized for CIA high-value detainees, were promulgated to Guantánamo, Iraq, and Afghanistan, the policies have led to homicides.

    100 TORTURED TO DEATH
    Assuming your "source" is even valid how does this prove or support the assertion that it was some policy set forth by the Bush admin? You believe that incidents such as beatings, retribution killings and other such acts don't occur on a BATTLEFIELD and if they do they are all a policy of "evil bush and co."? I suppose its beyond your cognitive abilties to detach yourself from hyper-partisan fantasies rather than acknowledge the immense uncertainity in your THEORY.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You keep attempting to derail the discussion by asking if it would be less relevant if a Liberal did it? I will answer that. Hell NO.
    Your lying Dan. If it was about a Liberal talk show host doing it, you wouldn’t have bothered. Why you may ask? Because we already know pretty much where Liberals stand on this patently partisan emotionally hysterical issue don’t we?

    But you selected a story about a “CONSERVATIVE” in a desperate effort to suggest that it supports YOUR misguided views about what actually constitutes torture.

    Here it is again Dan, because you keep IGNORING it for some profound reason that is beyond me:

    ...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.

    —UN Convention Against Torture[1]

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture]Torture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]


    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If a Liberal did it, it is still torture.

    We prosecuted the Japanese for using it.

    We prosecuted our own soldiers in Viet Nam for using it.

    We prosecuted one of our own Generals during the Spanish American War for using it.

    Who else used waterboarding?

    1) The German Gestapo.

    2) Various Latin dictatorships.

    3) The Kmer Rouge in Cambodia.

    I believe we are above that.
    How asinine and offensive to the good men and women who are trying to protect this nation by comparing what they did to three select prisoners to the Japanese, Viet Cong, Gestapo and Kmer Rouge. Is it willful denial that you left out the KGB and their gulags?

    But again, you willfully ignore the definition of torture so here it is again Dan, because you keep IGNORING it for some profound reason that is beyond me:

    ...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.

    —UN Convention Against Torture[1]


    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture]Torture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    Now please share with me in a coherent fashion how our methods and reasons for water boarding even comes close to the above definition and stop deliberately avoiding my questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    What is your take on Conservatives who are against waterboarding? More specifically, why did a Conservative change his mind after being waterboarded?
    I gave you my take; you have a talk show host who tried it and discovered it is a very EFFECTIVE technique that doesn’t cause any severe harm or damage to it’s subjects.

    Why should ANYONE care what HE thinks torture is Dan? I gave you the United Nations definition which mirrors the Geneva Conventions; please share with me how the CIA’s handling of these confessed terrorists was even close to the definition.

    While you’re at it, please support your asinine assertions that it was anything like the torture conducted by the Japanese, the Nazi’s, the Vietcong, the Khmer Rouge or the professional torturers of all time, the KGB?

    Carry on Dan, your desperate assertions in a vacuum of reality and the facts and SELECTIVE outrage have been noted.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Assuming your "source" is even valid how does this prove or support the assertion that it was some policy set forth by the Bush admin? You believe that incidents such as beatings, retribution killings and other such acts don't occur on a BATTLEFIELD and if they do they are all a policy of "evil bush and co."? I suppose its beyond your cognitive abilties to detach yourself from hyper-partisan fantasies rather than acknowledge the immense uncertainity in your THEORY.
    Did the article say any thing about "retribution killings of beatings on the battlefield"? IT SAYS TORTURED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Why do you choose to ignore reality?

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    But what Cheney and Rush refuse to tell their followers is that we tortured over 100 people to death..

    A simple fact is being overlooked in the Bush-era torture scandal: the number of cases in which detainees have been tortured to death. Abuse did not only involve the high-profile cases of smashing detainees into plywood barriers (“walling”), confinement in coffin-like boxes with insects, sleep deprivation, cold, and waterboarding. To date approximately 100 detainees, including CIA-held detainees, have died during U.S. interrogations, and some are known to have been tortured to death. From John Sifton


    A review of homicide cases, however, shows that few detainee deaths have been properly investigated. Many were not investigated at all. And no official investigation has looked into the connection between detainee deaths and the interrogation policies promulgated by the Bush administration.
    Yet an important report by the Senate Armed Services Committee, declassified in April 2009, explains in clear terms how Bush-era interrogation techniques, including torture, once authorized for CIA high-value detainees, were promulgated to Guantánamo, Iraq, and Afghanistan, the policies have led to homicides.

    100 TORTURED TO DEATH
    I have been saying such all along. This, more than anything, is why I view the emotions over the waterboarding of 3 high level detainees as hysterical. In the overall scope of things there are far more things to be concerned about.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Did the article say any thing about "retribution killings of beatings on the battlefield"? IT SAYS TORTURED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Why do you choose to ignore reality?
    Do you comprehend that the truth is bad enough without exaggeration and hyperbole? You aren't helping.

    You're like the people who attribute millions of casualties to our actions in Iraq: inflammatory and not interested in the truth.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you comprehend that the truth is bad enough without exaggeration and hyperbole? You aren't helping.

    You're like the people who attribute millions of casualties to our actions in Iraq: inflammatory and not interested in the truth.
    Please explain why this is not part of the TRUTH?

    Why is is exaggeration and hyperbole to point out these deaths by torture?

    Look beyound what is being offered up as reality...the truth lies there.

    The truth many people want desperately to ignore.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Then your entire, hyper partisan, hysteria laden production is a lie.
    How quaint, you come in the thread and declare my statements a lie, yet you back them up with nothing more than your typical whiney Liberal drivel and hyperbole Lerxst.

    Why don't you share with me what exact part of any of my comments in this debate were a "LIE"? Or is this just another of your "because I say so's?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You are a prime example of everything that is going wrong with the right at this point in time. You mind is locked up tight as a drum and you have no ability the see anything outside the your extremist blinders.
    You left out the words "because you say so" lerxst. But then, the idea that a Liberal deciding what is wrong with their political opponents as being trite and laughable never occurred to you did it.

    Here, let me play your hyperbolic game Lerxst; you are prime example of what is wrong with the LEFT at this point in time. Your mind is locked up tight as a drum and you have no ability to see outside your blinders.

    Gosh, it is so easy to be a Liberal isn't it Lerxst? You just say whatever FEELS good without substance, without facts but using a lot of uninformed blather and hyperbole and Walla; you get thanked for it by all the other uninformed whiney Liberals of the forum.

    Got substance Lerxst? Or did you just find this a convenient time to troll and bait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't know how a person can type as much as you do but never actually say anything new or enlightening. The record just continues to skip.
    Obviously you have not spent a lot of time reading your empty headed babble then. Tell me something, what part of your above posts contains anything substantive beyond the typical hyperbolic whiney drivel Liberals are famous for?

    Carry on; it is obvious you didn't come in here to debate but rather troll and bait.
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 05-28-09 at 03:48 PM.

  10. #270
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Did the article say any thing about "retribution killings of beatings on the battlefield"? IT SAYS TORTURED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Why do you choose to ignore reality?
    And you assumption is that such deaths were the result of a TORTURE POLICY. You've not shown this to be the case. You've merely posited the theory and let your hyperpartisanship do the rest. Once again, this ASSUMES your source is even trustworthy.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •