Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 503

Thread: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

  1. #131
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Doing nothing (i.e., your approach) about terrorism might as well be. Dithering because you don't know what will happen if you use technique "A" or "B" only makes sure that no useful information will be gathered, that future terror attacks will not be stopped, and that lives will be lost.

    At some point you have to get over yourself, deal with the fact that you don't know every last detail about things, and make a decision. Try it some time--the results might surprise you.
    False, false and false. I do not, nor have I ever advocated doing nothing about terrorism. You are better than that lame attempt sir, much better. Please at least try and argue rationally.

    No one is suggesting "dithering" about anything. We have many noncontroversial interrogation techniques which are known to work. Again, you are trying to suggest something that simply is not the case. No one wants any "dithering", we all want good intelligence. You can do better than this, I know you can.

  2. #132
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I embrace the effects of waterboarding...that's why I support it's employment.
    You didn't answer the question...have you experienced waterboarding? Your quote seems to indicate that you are not only able to tolerate the experience, but enjoy it. Could you explain further?

  3. #133
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Oh.

    My.

    God.

    That.

    Was.

    Brutally.

    Funny.





    That was a sick joke and you are a sick person for even thinking that was funny.

  4. #134
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    That was a sick joke and you are a sick person for even thinking that was funny.
    It was actually quite funny given the context in which he used it (Godwin's Law). It's the over the top nature of how he responded to the other poster. Pull that board out of your ass Max, if you do you won't have to **** standing up.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #135
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Doing nothing (i.e., your approach) about terrorism might as well be.
    Here is yet a prime example of your dishonest debate style. "Doing nothing" is not her approach and your assertion that it is suicide is profoundly absurd. You're building a straw man against her in order to support your suggestion in this case that torture is the only example of "doing something."

    Dithering because you don't know what will happen if you use technique "A" or "B" only makes sure that no useful information will be gathered, that future terror attacks will not be stopped, and that lives will be lost.
    Again, you are suggesting that torture is the only way to gather information from captives. It's not.

    At some point you have to get over yourself, deal with the fact that you don't know every last detail about things, and make a decision. Try it some time--the results might surprise you.
    Except that torture isn't the only decision you have to make. You're assuming all other options have been exhausted, and you've clearly not been able to substantiate that this was the case in any of the situations in which torture was used. In fact we have an FBI interrogator who gave testimony to a situation in which he and his team were making progress with a detainee and then the spooks came in and began their routine, which shut things down almost immediately.

    Here is the chink in your armor. You are framing your argument against Redress (and anyone else who disagrees with you really) around the notion that if they don't endorse torture they endorse not doing anything. And that's not the case at all.

    I spent several years as an interrogator (7 total in my job as a criminal investigator/investigative supervisor) and never had the option of using torture on suspects. I never needed it. I had a very good confession rate for a myriad of different crimes.

    The bottom line is that net you advocate casting hasn't been proven to be "the net" you should cast. Ever.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 05-27-09 at 11:22 AM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #136
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Again, you are suggesting that torture is the only way to gather information from captives. It's not.
    Here is a prime example of why you should stop typing and read first. I suggest no such thing. Actually, it's the lunatic left that pretends the argument is an either/or proposition. That argument has never been made by any outside the lunatic left.

    My excoriation of Redress was a very simple one--the endless pontificating of "we don't know if this...we don't know if that...." is a stupid, silly, and self-destructive way of going about anything, especially national security. My excoriation of Redress was simply this: people make decisions, generally without the benefit of perfect information, and if you want them to keep making decisions--i.e., "doing" instead of blubbering--you do not go around second guessing them based on what you yourself do not know.

    As for waterboarding, what is known is this: it produced results. As for other techniques, what is known is this: they produced results. As for which technique is appropriate to which terrorist, what should be known is this: that judgment needs to be left to the interrogator charged with getting results.

    That is, and has always been, my argument. Review my posts on this board, and you will not show I have ever advocated waterboarding to the exclusion of all else; I have not. Review my posts on this board, and you will show I have defended waterboarding. Review my posts on this board, and you will show that I have defended the interrogators, for having the courage and diligence to make the decisions necessary to proceed with doing their jobs.

    "Wait and see" is bad crisis management strategy in any arena, and doubly so when the crisis is foreign terrorism. "Wait and see" in that arena amounts to "wait for the next plane to fly into the next building and see how many bodies are produced."

  7. #137
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    It was actually quite funny given the context in which he used it (Godwin's Law). It's the over the top nature of how he responded to the other poster. Pull that board out of your ass Max, if you do you won't have to **** standing up.
    There was nothing funny about that.

  8. #138
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Here is yet a prime example of your dishonest debate style. "Doing nothing" is not her approach and your assertion that it is suicide is profoundly absurd. You're building a straw man against her in order to support your suggestion in this case that torture is the only example of "doing something."
    Celtic already ripped you a new ass for saying something this stupid so i wont rip it further but i will ask: Are you capable of debating in civil manner in which, rather than attack your opponents, you actually debate the facts?

  9. #139
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    There was nothing funny about that.
    Oh bloody hell, Max, now you're putting me in the position of agreeing with Lerxst.

    Yeah, it was funny. In a sick, perverse, "there's something about Mary" sort of way, it was downright hilarious.

  10. #140
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Conservative radio host gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before.....

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Oh bloody hell, Max, now you're putting me in the position of agreeing with Lerxst.

    Yeah, it was funny. In a sick, perverse, "there's something about Mary" sort of way, it was downright hilarious.
    Oh bloody hell, celt, you're a sick bastard.
    Laugh a little on the inside but don't say anything. That was a horrible joke and it was very offensive.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •