Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92

Thread: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

  1. #1
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney - Blogs from CNN.com

    It appears even Republicans are tired of Cheney's fear-mongering. After seeing his comments yesterday I do feel that is the only way he operates. I Have to agree with Ridge on Obama as well, there is no need to justify your policy by looking back at Bush's. Let us just allow that sad administration to fall into what resembles the Dark Ages.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney - Blogs from CNN.com

    It appears even Republicans are tired of Cheney's fear-mongering. After seeing his comments yesterday I do feel that is the only way he operates. I Have to agree with Ridge on Obama as well, there is no need to justify your policy by looking back at Bush's. Let us just allow that sad administration to fall into what resembles the Dark Ages.
    How trite, Liberals claiming that telling the TRUTH, which is what Cheney is attempting to get out, as being "fear mongering." You people really amaze me with such blatant hypocrisy and denial.

    The Democrats began this BS with their hyper partisan purely political posturing attempting to argue in the court of public opinion that the previous administration was engaged in ILLEGAL behavior as it relates to detainees. You cannot fabricate the level of ignorance it takes to be part of the Democrat leadership to engage in such despicable and outrageous behavior.

    Your fascinating selective outrage aside, MOST of Tom's interview was critical of Obama's comments:

    "I'm surprised that President Obama, who I really, truly believe knows better, would make such a statement," said Ridge. "The men and women in charge of America's security, whether they're military, or the intelligence community — the president, the vice president, the attorney general, the FBI director — did everything they could at the time to prevent another attack on America. And did it consistent with the Constitution and the rule of law."

    Ridge, who served as the country's first homeland security secretary in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks, said he's "disappointed in the president" for spending time criticizing past actions of the Bush administration."

    "He keeps looking backwards to justify what he's doing now and I don't think at the end of the day — I think that becomes more politics than policy, and I don't think it's the kind of approach that we need to bring America together on this very important issue," he said.

  3. #3
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How trite, Liberals claiming that telling the TRUTH, which is what Cheney is attempting to get out, as being "fear mongering." You people really amaze me with such blatant hypocrisy and denial. :roll
    It is style that makes him fear mongering. I think the count was 24 times Cheney invoked 9/11. That is fear mongering, using fear to make your point.

    I do agree 100 % with the idea that President Obama needs to stop invoking president Bush's administration. It tends to come off sounding like an excuse.

  4. #4
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How trite, Liberals claiming that telling the TRUTH, which is what Cheney is attempting to get out, as being "fear mongering." You people really amaze me with such blatant hypocrisy and denial.

    The Democrats began this BS with their hyper partisan purely political posturing attempting to argue in the court of public opinion that the previous administration was engaged in ILLEGAL behavior as it relates to detainees. You cannot fabricate the level of ignorance it takes to be part of the Democrat leadership to engage in such despicable and outrageous behavior.

    Your fascinating selective outrage aside, MOST of Tom's interview was critical of Obama's comments:

    "I'm surprised that President Obama, who I really, truly believe knows better, would make such a statement," said Ridge. "The men and women in charge of America's security, whether they're military, or the intelligence community — the president, the vice president, the attorney general, the FBI director — did everything they could at the time to prevent another attack on America. And did it consistent with the Constitution and the rule of law."

    Ridge, who served as the country's first homeland security secretary in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks, said he's "disappointed in the president" for spending time criticizing past actions of the Bush administration."

    "He keeps looking backwards to justify what he's doing now and I don't think at the end of the day — I think that becomes more politics than policy, and I don't think it's the kind of approach that we need to bring America together on this very important issue," he said.

    What is the TRUTH sir? The former administration has used terrorism as an excuse for everything they have done. It has been nothing but a curtain for their corrupt practices of deregulating companies to the point that there is widespread account book fixing, no-bid contracts for friends, torture, and on and on... Ridge would of course say everything was within the constitution for fear of admitting being accomplice to breaking the law.

    Why is it that the new label of choice for Republicans is socialist when describing Democrats. It is because it is fear-mongering continued, rather than the truth of creating a government that is for the people, by the people instead of the Republican creed of for corporations and the wealthy minority, by the corporations and wealthy minority. And how is this accomplished? Through outsourcing, irresponsible lending practices, price gauging and robbing of the American worker and consumer. The TRUTH is something the Republicans on the far right have long since forgot and that is why they are in tatters.

  5. #5
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    I saw this on CNN a while ago.

    While he said that Cheney is wrong that we're less safe, he also said both men are involving too much politics into it.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is style that makes him fear mongering. I think the count was 24 times Cheney invoked 9/11. That is fear mongering, using fear to make your point.
    Oh yes, his direct and unassuming way of telling the TRUTH is "fear mongering." Good lord, do you even see how absurd you sound?

    You think 9-11 should never be invoked? We should just forget it and pretend it was JUST an anomaly?

    Cheney keeps having to INVOKE 9-11 because the morons he is engaged in debate seem to have all but forgotten those events while they engage in their asinine hyper partisan diatribes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I do agree 100 % with the idea that President Obama needs to stop invoking president Bush's administration. It tends to come off sounding like an excuse.
    Thank you; but alas, the Democrats infesting the congress and White House are incapable of resisting the desire to impugn their political opponents in the court of public opinion.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    What is the TRUTH sir? The former administration has used terrorism as an excuse for everything they have done. It has been nothing but a curtain for their corrupt practices of deregulating companies to the point that there is widespread account book fixing, no-bid contracts for friends, torture, and on and on... Ridge would of course say everything was within the constitution for fear of admitting being accomplice to breaking the law.
    Well, when I see such emotional blather regarding terror, de-regulation and corrupt practices in a vacuum of facts and reality, I can see why you would ask "what the truth is."

    I doubt you could recognize the TRUTH if it walked up and shook your hand.

    Of course, you have no credible evidence to support such hysterics because it is obvious you just parrot DNC partisan talking points without any attempt to comprehend what you are even spouting.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Why is it that the new label of choice for Republicans is socialist when describing Democrats.
    Because it is a FACT; what would you call nationalizing Auto manufacturing, implementing a fairness doctrine, nationalized health care, controlling vast portions of our economy and spending us into a $1.8 trillion and climbing spending deficit?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    It is because it is fear-mongering continued, rather than the truth of creating a government that is for the people, by the people instead of the Republican creed of for corporations and the wealthy minority, by the corporations and wealthy minority.
    The "fear mongering" is a trait of the Democrat party. The fear mongered about the economy in order to implement a vast Socialist agenda that Americans would reject if not for the fear Democrats are foisting on them regarding this recession.

    We don't need to "create" a government for the people; it already exists. What is being created is a Socialist nightmare that will spend generations of Americans into poverty and unemployment while Democrats "fear monger" about how Bush got us there.

    Your class warfare rhetoric is typified by Liberals who think that only highly intellectual Liberals in Government power can decide what is "good" for Americans and that they are "entitled" to the political power they will "fear monger" to get.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    And how is this accomplished? Through outsourcing, irresponsible lending practices, price gauging and robbing of the American worker and consumer.
    How trite, yet the irresponsible lending practices were encouraged by Democrats through the likes of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to provide home ownership to minorities who could not afford them.

    You act as though Americans can't make competent decisions on their own regarding borrowing and lending practices. but alas, that may be due to the fact that our Liberally controlled education system does such a ****ty job educating?

    Price Gouging? Who has engaged in price gouging? Are you being FORCED to by goods you don't desire? Who do you think is going to GOUGE you when the Liberals you support raise the tax rates on oil, gas and corporations?

    Economics is OBVIOUSLY not your forte'. This is the MAJOR difference between Conservative thinking and Liberal thinking (oxymoron); Liberals think that individuals cannot take care of themselves and therefore need a Nanny State that steals from those who produce to give to those who do not produce which is nothing more than pandering. Conservatives believe in the freedom of the individual and markets to provide for the society and that by allowing them the freedom of choice and ensuring a proper education, the citizens will prosper.

    The Socialist thinking you represent leads to several BAD things; malaise, unproductive use of resources, less choice and mediocrity.

    Look at ANY health system being run by Governments. Look at any programs being run by Governments; they are rife with waste, employees who could care less (for the most part) and corruption.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    The TRUTH is something the Republicans on the far right have long since forgot and that is why they are in tatters.
    Yet your “version” of what the “truth” is requires willful ignorance and denial.

    Who do you think is going to pay for all this BS? If you think YOU wont be affected, you have a serious reality check coming.

  8. #8
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Well, when I see such emotional blather regarding terror, de-regulation and corrupt practices in a vacuum of facts and reality, I can see why you would ask "what the truth is."

    I doubt you could recognize the TRUTH if it walked up and shook your hand.

    Of course, you have no credible evidence to support such hysterics because it is obvious you just parrot DNC partisan talking points without any attempt to comprehend what you are even spouting.



    Because it is a FACT; what would you call nationalizing Auto manufacturing, implementing a fairness doctrine, nationalized health care, controlling vast portions of our economy and spending us into a $1.8 trillion and climbing spending deficit?



    The "fear mongering" is a trait of the Democrat party. The fear mongered about the economy in order to implement a vast Socialist agenda that Americans would reject if not for the fear Democrats are foisting on them regarding this recession.

    We don't need to "create" a government for the people; it already exists. What is being created is a Socialist nightmare that will spend generations of Americans into poverty and unemployment while Democrats "fear monger" about how Bush got us there.

    Your class warfare rhetoric is typified by Liberals who think that only highly intellectual Liberals in Government power can decide what is "good" for Americans and that they are "entitled" to the political power they will "fear monger" to get.



    How trite, yet the irresponsible lending practices were encouraged by Democrats through the likes of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to provide home ownership to minorities who could not afford them.

    You act as though Americans can't make competent decisions on their own regarding borrowing and lending practices. but alas, that may be due to the fact that our Liberally controlled education system does such a ****ty job educating?

    Price Gouging? Who has engaged in price gouging? Are you being FORCED to by goods you don't desire? Who do you think is going to GOUGE you when the Liberals you support raise the tax rates on oil, gas and corporations?

    Economics is OBVIOUSLY not your forte'. This is the MAJOR difference between Conservative thinking and Liberal thinking (oxymoron); Liberals think that individuals cannot take care of themselves and therefore need a Nanny State that steals from those who produce to give to those who do not produce which is nothing more than pandering. Conservatives believe in the freedom of the individual and markets to provide for the society and that by allowing them the freedom of choice and ensuring a proper education, the citizens will prosper.

    The Socialist thinking you represent leads to several BAD things; malaise, unproductive use of resources, less choice and mediocrity.

    Look at ANY health system being run by Governments. Look at any programs being run by Governments; they are rife with waste, employees who could care less (for the most part) and corruption.



    Yet your “version” of what the “truth” is requires willful ignorance and denial.

    Who do you think is going to pay for all this BS? If you think YOU wont be affected, you have a serious reality check coming.
    Here is your economic evidence: eRiposte Economy - Democrats v. Republicans on the U.S. economy

    Apparently the GOP claim to bettering peoples lives is an oxymoron in itself.

    Oh and on which party increases national debt: United States National Debt

    See, you attempt to hide behind rhetoric and lies, instead of truth.

  9. #9
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Because it is a FACT; what would you call nationalizing Auto manufacturing, implementing a fairness doctrine, nationalized health care, controlling vast portions of our economy and spending us into a $1.8 trillion and climbing spending deficit?
    Oh, and on the national debt graph, be sure to check-out the Regan-Bush years.

  10. #10
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Oh yes, his direct and unassuming way of telling the TRUTH is "fear mongering." Good lord, do you even see how absurd you sound?
    No, using fear of a possible future to provoke an emotional response is fear mongering. Using the spectre of 9/11 to score political points is fear mongering. It's also kinda despicable.

    You think 9-11 should never be invoked? We should just forget it and pretend it was JUST an anomaly?
    I think it should be used appropriately, not repeatedly to invoke fear. I don't think any one is in danger of forgetting 9/11. I don't think I could forget it if I wanted to.

    Cheney keeps having to INVOKE 9-11 because the morons he is engaged in debate seem to have all but forgotten those events while they engage in their asinine hyper partisan diatribes.
    Lies, exaggeration, rhetoric. You can do better than that paragraph, I have seen you.

    Thank you; but alas, the Democrats infesting the congress and White House are incapable of resisting the desire to impugn their political opponents in the court of public opinion.
    True, though it is on both sides of the isle. I will happily criticize President Obama when he does it(as I did here), if you will agree to do the same when your side does it.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •