Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

  1. #61
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Tom Ridge Says Cheney is Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Yes Newt and Dick make a great combo.

    When I see Newt on TV the first thing that comes to mind even without hearing what he is saying is desperate liar and fearmonger who does not have one ioda of care for this nation as a WHOLE. He just concerned with his own parties self-serving interests. Kinda like lord Cheney.
    Newt and lord Dick now really are the only ones who are able to come out and shoot off their mouths when their party has lost it's relevancy. As far as Newt goes they need somebody who was once speaker of the house, as big name, yet he was removed from that position because of ethics violations. So he really has no political future in office yet his name is big enough that he can come out give his delusionary interviews as does lord Dick. With no fear of future political repercusions.

    That's why they can both come out and openly claim that Obama policies will lead to future attacks on the country. What do they have to lose? Their jobs?

    They certainly will not talk about their failures and will openly hope for attacks on our country...sad and pathetic.

    They have zero intentions of supporting anything Obama does no matter what.

    I just hope that President Obama will be able to protect our country from terrorist attacks from Newt and Dick.
    Dick & Newt in 2012.

    OBL 11/24/02

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Tom Ridge Says Cheney is Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Don't forget Steele. Every single day lately, he has opened his mouth and said something incredibly stupid. Today it was something about President Obama getting elected because he was black.
    Yes Steele is a newcomer and he dares not go against the grain of the neocon good ol boy system. That would alienate him from a portion(athough shrinking)of the party that he needs in the future.
    At this point he as to walk on eggshell as to not offend them.

    I think that Steele, in order to have any future relevancy what so ever has to throw Cheney, Newt and Rush under the Bus and rightfully so.

  3. #63
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    When does Obama mention the economy?
    Usually right before the line "that I inherited".

    Thought you might enjoy that one.

  4. #64
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tom Ridge Says Cheney is Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Yes Steele is a newcomer and he dares not go against the grain of the neocon good ol boy system. That would alienate him from a portion(athough shrinking)of the party that he needs in the future.
    At this point he as to walk on eggshell as to not offend them.

    I think that Steele, in order to have any future relevancy what so ever has to throw Cheney, Newt and Rush under the Bus and rightfully so.
    Won't happen. The leadership of the republican party seems determined to destroy it, to the cost of the membership.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Tom Ridge Says Cheney is Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Won't happen. The leadership of the republican party seems determined to destroy it, to the cost of the membership.
    I agree it won't happen.

  6. #66
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Tom Ridge Says Cheney is Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The historic facts do not support your argument. If anything economists suggest that the spending exacerbated and lengthened the depression; it was WWII that got us out of it. And it took decades to pay the deficits created by the war down.

    The notion that FDR's work projects made us the richest nation in the world is not supported by any credible historic record.

    But that stated, what does what happened in FDRs time have to do with now? Last time I looked, we were in a recession, not a World War. Are you desperately trying to defend this irresponsible spending spree by suggesting it is like WWII?
    No, I am suggesting that Obama inherited an economy like the one FDR did from an incompotent Republican.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is style that makes him fear mongering. I think the count was 24 times Cheney invoked 9/11. That is fear mongering, using fear to make your point.
    No it's not. Not when the topic is "What was the reason for the employment of enhanced interrogation techiques on detained enemy non-combatants after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001."

    In fact, it's damn hard to discuss that topic without mentioning 9/11, I'd say.

  8. #68
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Tom Ridge Says Cheney is Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Won't happen. The leadership of the republican party seems determined to destroy it, to the cost of the membership.
    It seems, for the most part, those who are talking about the downfall of the GOP are those who'd benefit from it's downfall or demise.

    Republicans are simply biding their time til 2010 and then 2012.

    Watch.

    Reports of it's demise are greatly exaggerated.

    OBL 11/24/02

  9. #69
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: First on The CNN Ticker: Ridge disagrees with Cheney

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No it's not. Not when the topic is "What was the reason for the employment of enhanced interrogation techiques on detained enemy non-combatants after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001."

    In fact, it's damn hard to discuss that topic without mentioning 9/11, I'd say.
    There is a difference between mentioning it once or twice as part of the thesis, and mentioning it 24 times.

  10. #70
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Tom Ridge Says Cheney is Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    It seems, for the most part, those who are talking about the downfall of the GOP are those who'd benefit from it's downfall or demise.

    Republicans are simply biding their time til 2010 and then 2012.

    Watch.

    Reports of it's demise are greatly exaggerated.
    What will the GOP run on? "Hey remember Bush, that was great right!? Vote for us!"

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •