Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

  1. #61
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Depends on the big city in question. Oddly enough, the ones with the worst crime rates are where citizens can't carry. The ones where citizens CAN carry typically have lower crime rates.

    Anti-gunners are always spouting this hysteria: "Oh, it will be a wild west bloodbath with all those rednecks running around with guns!" They said that about "shall issue concealed carry" permits... and it turned out to be utterly false. About 40 states have that now and all had a reduction in violent crime.

    It's an undeniable fact, armed lawful citizens = less crime. Cry and moan all you will, you can't change it because it is true.

    G.

    Yeah, they tried this **** when AZ pushed to become a shall issue state.

    Also, if this is the one I'm thinking... isn't this for concealed weapons permit holders being allowed to carry CONCEALED in the parks?

    If it's not, then I apologize... but if it is.. the libtard anti-gunners in this thread are pretty funny. "ZOMG METAL PENII, GUNS, AND BEER!!!"

    The hysterics really are draining.
    Last edited by stevenb; 05-26-09 at 01:10 PM.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  2. #62
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    We restrict people's "rights" all the time to protect the community. My problem with this is that the people carrying guns in federal parks do not pass any of the hurdles someone would have to pass to get a conceal permit. No background check. No valid reason to carry. Any jackass looking to pump his chest with his metal penis could get carried away in any situation. i.e. road rage, loud music, "hey you looking at me?".

    There are plenty of dangerous places in any big city and yet, for some strange reason the general public cannot carry guns.
    Could you back up this with some proof? Oh wait none exist. Of course as I have already pointed out plenty of examples exist in the reverse.

    You have not proven anything other than your opinion is not backed up by any evidence.

    Most places that have open or conceal carry have lower crime than places with very restrictive gun laws, period.

    No reason exist to tell a law abiding citizen he cannot have a weapon. Also according to the article you would need to abide by the laws of the state.

    "visitors to the nation's parks and wildlife refuges will be able to carry weapons there if they abide by state weapons laws."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #63
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Could you back up this with some proof? Oh wait none exist. Of course as I have already pointed out plenty of examples exist in the reverse.

    You have not proven anything other than your opinion is not backed up by any evidence.

    Most places that have open or conceal carry have lower crime than places with very restrictive gun laws, period.

    No reason exist to tell a law abiding citizen he cannot have a weapon. Also according to the article you would need to abide by the laws of the state.

    "visitors to the nation's parks and wildlife refuges will be able to carry weapons there if they abide by state weapons laws."
    Could you back up this with some proof? Oh wait none exist. Of course as I have already pointed out plenty of examples exist in the reverse.
    Before I assume what you're yapping about, what specifically are you asking proof of? I made several points.

    No reason exist to tell a law abiding citizen he cannot have a weapon.
    Hmmm, let me think about this for a nano second... oh yeah, how about THE LAW?

    "a law abiding citizen" is a pretty broad, grouping. A law abiding citizen could be a whacko out to act out his OK Corral fantasies or a stalker or just someone looking to fvuck with someone, from a distance, with little chance of getting id'd or caught.

    As I said before, but you probably ignored it, my problem with this is that any a-hole could bring any weapon in a fed park and act like a... a-hole without any witnesses whereas he probably wouldn't act like that anywhere else. My problem isn't with all people, just the irresponsible "law abiding citizens".
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #64
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    As I said before, but you probably ignored it, my problem with this is that any a-hole could bring any weapon in a fed park and act like a... a-hole without any witnesses whereas he probably wouldn't act like that anywhere else. My problem isn't with all people, just the irresponsible "law abiding citizens".
    IIRC, the change in policy notes that you have to be carrying the gun in accordance with relevant state laws.

    So, why would any person legally able to carry a gun in Wyoming act like an a-hole in Yellowstone when he would not otherwise act like the same a-hole anywhere else in Wyoming? That is, what is it about being in a national park that illicits such a dramatic change in behavior?

  5. #65
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Before I assume what you're yapping about, what specifically are you asking proof of? I made several points.
    Nice dodge.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Hmmm, let me think about this for a nano second... oh yeah, how about THE LAW?

    "a law abiding citizen" is a pretty broad, grouping. A law abiding citizen could be a whacko out to act out his OK Corral fantasies or a stalker or just someone looking to fvuck with someone, from a distance, with little chance of getting id'd or caught.

    As I said before, but you probably ignored it, my problem with this is that any a-hole could bring any weapon in a fed park and act like a... a-hole without any witnesses whereas he probably wouldn't act like that anywhere else. My problem isn't with all people, just the irresponsible "law abiding citizens".
    I guess you missed the part about "visitors to the nation's parks and wildlife refuges will be able to carry weapons there if they abide by state weapons laws."

    Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #66
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    It may become more common now, thanks to your NRA.



    What a stupid comment. Really, so law abiding citizens are violent because they own guns?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #67
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Nice dodge.
    Sweetheart, if I don't know what you're asking, how can I answer you? Holy ****!

    I guess you missed the part about "visitors to the nation's parks and wildlife refuges will be able to carry weapons there if they abide by state weapons laws."

    Problem solved.
    Not much for answering questions, addressing issues or using facts, I see.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  8. #68
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Sweetheart, if I don't know what you're asking, how can I answer you? Holy ****!

    Not much for answering questions, addressing issues or using facts, I see.
    I guess reading what I wrote is a little to hard?

    You are the absolute king of dodging questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #69
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    My problem with this is that the people carrying guns in federal parks do not pass any of the hurdles someone would have to pass to get a conceal permit. No background check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    "visitors to the nation's parks and wildlife refuges will be able to carry weapons there if they abide by state weapons laws."
    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    my problem with this is that any a-hole could bring any weapon in a fed park
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I guess you missed the part about "visitors to the nation's parks and wildlife refuges will be able to carry weapons there if they abide by state weapons laws."
    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Not much for answering questions, addressing issues or using facts, I see.
    I think that Blackdog addressed your statements quite adequately, and with facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    We restrict people's "rights" all the time to protect the community. My problem with this is that the people carrying guns in federal parks do not pass any of the hurdles someone would have to pass to get a conceal permit. No background check. No valid reason to carry. Any jackass looking to pump his chest with his metal penis could get carried away in any situation. i.e. road rage, loud music, "hey you looking at me?".

    There are plenty of dangerous places in any big city and yet, for some strange reason the general public cannot carry guns.
    Could you back up this with some proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Before I assume what you're yapping about, what specifically are you asking proof of? I made several points.
    I think he may be asking for proof of the following assertions you made:

    1. People carrying guns in federal parks do not pass any "hurdles" or background checks.

    2. People carrying guns in federal parks have "no valid reason" to carry guns in federal parks.

    3. People carrying guns in federal parks are prone to shoot people over small hypothetical disagreements.

    Just a guess...

  10. #70
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Heading to a national park? Now you can pack heat

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    IIRC, the change in policy notes that you have to be carrying the gun in accordance with relevant state laws.

    So, why would any person legally able to carry a gun in Wyoming act like an a-hole in Yellowstone when he would not otherwise act like the same a-hole anywhere else in Wyoming? That is, what is it about being in a national park that illicits such a dramatic change in behavior?
    I see this question has not been addressed.
    Color me surprised.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •