Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

  1. #31
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    These are neither unprovoked nor suprise, excepting Pearl Habor which was a terrorist attack. You are a fool not to see the difference.
    You are on drugs!! The first Kamakzi attacks were surprise, no one had ever witnessed such a tactic. Also, surpise attacks occur all the time. By your definition, when the U.S. surpises the Taliban with drone bombings they are behaving as terrorists.

  2. #32
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Question Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    He funded the attack. Without him it would not have happened. So he is no terrorist you say?
    On the date of September 9th, 2001 how many Americans did Osama bin Laden kill personally.

  3. #33
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    You are on drugs!! The first Kamakzi attacks were surprise, no one had ever witnessed such a tactic. Also, surpise attacks occur all the time. By your definition, when the U.S. surpises the Taliban with drone bombings they are behaving as terrorists.
    Kamakzi were a new tactic started DURING the war. Therefore, not unprovoked. Same with American ambushes or suprise attacks. They fit part but all of the definition.

  4. #34
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Doing the right thing?

    from 1990-2001 we treated Terrorist like criminals.

    2001-2008 we treated them like a military threat..

    The difference? Multiple attacks on US Soil, embassies, ships... and so forth.

    Treat them like Military threat... no attacks.


    So it's smart to go back... to the way that us being attacked? Riight.

    Haha, proves how stupid you are when you said 2001-2008. Obama took office in 2009, and actually made things right.


    You make me laugh.

  5. #35
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    On the date of September 9th, 2001 how many Americans did Osama bin Laden kill personally.

    How many people did Charles Manson kill personally? Or Adolph Hitler for that matter?

  6. #36
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Kamakzi were a new tactic started DURING the war. Therefore, not unprovoked. Same with American ambushes or suprise attacks. They fit part but all of the definition.
    We have been fighting insurgents for many, many years now, pre and post-9/11. By now, insurgent strikes against the military are expected and provoked. When you setout to wipe the Taliban off of the map, from their perspective, it is provoked.

  7. #37
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    So wait, do you consider military targets relevant to the collection of those same military resources? If this is the case, then civilian targets are also "fair game."
    Huh ???

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Here is what I do not understand, you assert that terrorists should not be tried in the United States as civilians because they are military, not civilian criminals,
    I never made that argument; I stated clearly that they were NON-UNIFORMED enemy combatants or terrorists in training camps. There is no “traditional” evidence that can be used to link them to a specific crime. Therefore, trying them in civilian courts is a waste of time that will lead to their release; which appears the goal of the American “Communist” Liberties Union.

    There is a HUGE difference between the terrorists being held in Guantanamo and say the ones we CAUGHT in the US who attempted the first Trade Center bombing. There was ACTUAL evidence linking them to the crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    yet Bush on several occassions said that he was going to capture Bin Laden and have him tried in a U.S. courtroom.

    While the Bush Administration pursues its official policy of arresting and trying bin Laden in a US court, however, it must also re-examine its policies in the Middle East: on the Israel-Palestine conflict, on economic sanctions against Iraq, on isolating Iran and on its stationing of US troops and military hardware on the Arabian Peninsula. That is the only sure way to prevent a recurrence of the September 11 tragedy. --http://www.thenation.com/doc/20011008/hiro

    It was stated policy, so I guess there is a question as to who a terrorist is. Surely Obama is a terrorist?!?!
    Bin Laden has been directly linked to a crime; HUGE difference again. He was the master planner for the 9-11 attacks and can be directly linked to them.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    No, if you're at war with someone, any military target is fair game; and it doesn't matter how you do it - car bomb or cruise missile.
    I see you are having difficulty with the concept of NON-UNIFORMED enemy combatants and their tactic of hiding as civilians among the population; what part do you NOT get?

    We aren't fighting a "military" force wearing the uniforms of their nations; hell they don't even represent a "nation" which also disqualifies them from the Geneva Conventions and UN Conventions.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    These are neither unprovoked nor suprise, excepting Pearl Habor which was a terrorist attack. You are a fool not to see the difference.
    Pearl Harbor was a terrorist attack? I am laughing hysterically at this one.

    Dude, claiming that a military force representing a nation as being terrorist is quite amusing. You need to review the definition of "terrorist."

    It was indeed an unprovoked surprise attack, but it hardly comes close to the definition of "terrorism."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •