Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Attacks against military targets are NEVER terrorist attacks.

    Terrorist attacks only occur against civilian targets.
    You have GOT to be kidding right?

  2. #22
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    And how exactly is this a threat again? If we don't have evidence then why are we holding him? If we do have evidence then why are you worried? Do you honestly think that we aren't able to hold him in a prison on US soil without them escaping? Your lack of faith in the rule of law is shocking.
    What? They are held because they threaten that rule of law. The rule of law is far from perfect.

  3. #23
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Attacks against military targets are NEVER terrorist attacks.

    Terrorist attacks only occur against civilian targets.
    Any unprovoked, suprise attack doing any sort of damage is a terrorist act.
    If i walk into a French Barracks and blow myself and the men inside to Kingdom Come, is this not a terrorist act?

  4. #24
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You have GOT to be kidding right?
    Here is what I do not understand, you assert that terrorists should not be tried in the United States as civilians because they are military, not civilian criminals, yet Bush on several occassions said that he was going to capture Bin Laden and have him tried in a U.S. courtroom.

    While the Bush Administration pursues its official policy of arresting and trying bin Laden in a US court, however, it must also re-examine its policies in the Middle East: on the Israel-Palestine conflict, on economic sanctions against Iraq, on isolating Iran and on its stationing of US troops and military hardware on the Arabian Peninsula. That is the only sure way to prevent a recurrence of the September 11 tragedy. --http://www.thenation.com/doc/20011008/hiro

    It was stated policy, so I guess there is a question as to who a terrorist is. Surely Obama is a terrorist?!?!

  5. #25
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Any unprovoked, suprise attack doing any sort of damage is a terrorist act.
    If i walk into a French Barracks and blow myself and the men inside to Kingdom Come, is this not a terrorist act?
    Do you consider the Kamakazi pilots of WWII terrorists? I have never heard of them refered to as such.

  6. #26
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You have GOT to be kidding right?
    No, if you're at war with someone, any military target is fair game; and it doesn't matter how you do it - car bomb or cruise missile.

  7. #27
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Here is what I do not understand, you assert that terrorists should not be tried in the United States as civilians because they are military, not civilian criminals, yet Bush on several occassions said that he was going to capture Bin Laden and have him tried in a U.S. courtroom.

    While the Bush Administration pursues its official policy of arresting and trying bin Laden in a US court, however, it must also re-examine its policies in the Middle East: on the Israel-Palestine conflict, on economic sanctions against Iraq, on isolating Iran and on its stationing of US troops and military hardware on the Arabian Peninsula. That is the only sure way to prevent a recurrence of the September 11 tragedy. --http://www.thenation.com/doc/20011008/hiro

    It was stated policy, so I guess there is a question as to who a terrorist is. Surely Obama is a terrorist?!?!
    Osama bi Laden is a civilian. He ordered the attack but did not participate.

  8. #28
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Do you consider the Kamakazi pilots of WWII terrorists? I have never heard of them refered to as such.
    These are neither unprovoked nor suprise, excepting Pearl Habor which was a terrorist attack. You are a fool not to see the difference.

  9. #29
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Osama bi Laden is a civilian. He ordered the attack but did not participate.
    He funded the attack. Without him it would not have happened. So he is no terrorist you say?

  10. #30
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    fyi Re: First Guantanamo Detainee to Come to NYC for Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    No, if you're at war with someone, any military target is fair game; and it doesn't matter how you do it - car bomb or cruise missile.
    So wait, do you consider military targets relevant to the collection of those same military resources? If this is the case, then civilian targets are also "fair game."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •