Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 102

Thread: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Gitmo, for all its disgrace, needs a gradual shutdown, mostly surrounding the completion of inmate trials.
    This rhetoric baffles me; what part of Gitmo was a disgrace? Was it the three meals a day? Was it providing prayer rugs and Korans to the prisoners? Perhaps you were thinking that it is disgraceful allowing them to exercise and have medical care and a proper diet?

    I am always confused when people spew such hyperbole when they OBVIOUSLY have an odd definition of what would be disgraceful.


  2. #72
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This rhetoric baffles me; what part of Gitmo was a disgrace? Was it the three meals a day? Was it providing prayer rugs and Korans to the prisoners? Perhaps you were thinking that it is disgraceful allowing them to exercise and have medical care and a proper diet?
    It was the hot-and-cold running water, as well and the indoor toilet facilities.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    I guess while being in such haste to force non-truth down people's thoats while ignoring the reality of things you failed to read the post where it was touted that Bush and Cheney in some way twarted the "shoe bomber". Therefore it should be added to the long long list of attacks that Bush and Cheney twarted which we all know, except you, that is a total lie.
    My “non-truths?” Is that even a word? The only one spewing nonsense here is your desperate hyper partisan rhetoric.

    My comments were directed towards your farcical assertion which was:

    Originally Posted by goldendog
    By the was if that lady sitting next to Richard Reid on that plane wouldn't have blown out his match then we would be talking about yet another Bush/Cheney blunder.


    Did you not make the above farcical claim? I am doubtful that you could even comprehend your own emotional outbursts let alone anything connected to the truth, REALITY or the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    All you have to do is read the thread before you post. Try it? It will help you become more informed before spouting such uninformed emotion filled hyper partisian hyperbole.
    What a trite commentary based on the fact that you cannot even comprehend your own typed words; see above.


    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    You know the truth is that if lord Cheney had proof of his successes he surely would have had it out prior to Obama becoming president.
    Once again, your naiveté is only exceeded by Obama’s and the Liberal Democrats playing partisan politics regarding this issue.

    The REASON the Bush/Cheney administration did not release this information while they were in charge is because they didn’t want to WEAKEN our national security by telling our ENEMIES how we operate.

    Good lord, no wonder morons like Obama, Pelosi and Reid can get elected in this country.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Cheney is sadly desperate..
    The only desperation here are your emotion filled uninformed notions about terrorism and the divisive asinine assertions by the idiots running things in Washington these days.

  4. #74
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I only gave you what you gave me sailor.....

    the fact that Obama was rebuked by his own party, is a valid topic. You accused me of looking for an excuse to bash him. infered I was a hack. I threw it back in your face. You then stated you were leaving and taking your ball with you.....

    AKA I thought you were bowing out?

    Would you like to continue the discussion or are you leaving? Make up your mind friend.... Keep in mind, I can play this any way you like. Your call.
    The topic itself is valid, I agree. Nothing wrong with it, though I question it's overall usefulness.

    I didn't realize this was a game to you. If so, you don't seem to follow any rules that I can discern, except what's convenient for you.

    Anyone with reasoning skills sees through your smoke screens.

    I fail to see how what I "gave out" has any resemblance to your responses. Yours are laden with insults, mine point out the assertions which you've utterly failed to support.

    You won't admit that you took the part of that article that turned you on, restated it by adding your own of rhetoric and grandstanding, and then spat it out here and referred back to it as if everything that you posted was true, and part of the article. You conveniently ignored and continue to ignore the portion of the article I quoted earlier in this thread.

    You don't seem interested in even defending your position. All you've really done is evade, insult, and dissemble.

    You seem to refuse to argue in a fair manner. There's nothing wrong with admitting when you are wrong, or when someone else is right (as I did with the hack comment and agreeing the topic is valid).

    And, if you'd like to be taken seriously, apologize for the needless insults and stop hurling them.

    "Your call."

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It was the hot-and-cold running water, as well and the indoor toilet facilities.
    Those evil bastards!

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I can see and appreciate that.


    I do think however, Obama thought this would pass no muss no fuss, and the rebuking by his own party, will be an eyeopener for him...


    I will give him credit, in that, as far as this national security stuff, he has been more willing to adapt to what is needed a couple times as the facts present themselves.


    I hope he is more pragmatic, than first thought.
    Regardless of Gitmo's status, the reality is that there are now a lot of inmates and they're still a big security issue. Until the innocent can be sorted from the guilty, they all have to be treated as a risk. I don't blame the senate for tearing this bill apart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    On the other side. I think this will hurt his effort with the europeans whom he asked to take some of the detainees. If we are rightfully not willing to take them, how can he expect europe to do the same?
    Well, that's a complicated issue. Al Qaeda was formerly targetting the U.S. and its overseas operations, mostly... but once the invasions happened and Europe got on board, they had their own security concerns. I still think the principle risk from Al Qaeda is towards the United States which is why the current Admin could justify not wanting to take them. Europe's issues centre mostly around the cultural divides between Euro culture and Islam, and tensions already present there. In other words Europe has its own reason for wanting the inmates.

    In any case... Europe will definitely want its own show trials, its own hyped up investigations into terrorism, and having some Gitmo people to serve up, especially ones who are citizens of their country, would be prime real estate for political maneuvering.
    Last edited by Orion; 05-21-09 at 04:47 PM.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    My “non-truths?” Is that even a word? The only one spewing nonsense here is your desperate hyper partisan rhetoric.

    My comments were directed towards your farcical assertion which was:

    Originally Posted by goldendog
    By the was if that lady sitting next to Richard Reid on that plane wouldn't have blown out his match then we would be talking about yet another Bush/Cheney blunder.


    Did you not make the above farcical claim? I am doubtful that you could even comprehend your own emotional outbursts let alone anything connected to the truth, REALITY or the facts.



    What a trite commentary based on the fact that you cannot even comprehend your own typed words; see above.




    Once again, your naiveté is only exceeded by Obama’s and the Liberal Democrats playing partisan politics regarding this issue.

    The REASON the Bush/Cheney administration did not release this information while they were in charge is because they didn’t want to WEAKEN our national security by telling our ENEMIES how we operate.

    Good lord, no wonder morons like Obama, Pelosi and Reid can get elected in this country.



    The only desperation here are your emotion filled uninformed notions about terrorism and the divisive asinine assertions by the idiots running things in Washington these days.
    Don't worry TD. While sitting on the sidelines for the next 16 years you will have the oportunity to sort out what is truth and what it is like for people that are truely concerned for this country to be in charge. Watch and learn truth.

    First...over the next several weeks you will have to learn to admit that Cheney is a desperate liar and supporting his lies has led you to falsely believe that what you are saying is truth as opposed to the BS which it actually is.

    When and how long do you think it will take the Republican party to regain dignity and respect in the eyes of the world?

    As we all know they have Zero now.
    Last edited by goldendog; 05-21-09 at 04:57 PM.

  8. #78
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This rhetoric baffles me; what part of Gitmo was a disgrace? Was it the three meals a day? Was it providing prayer rugs and Korans to the prisoners? Perhaps you were thinking that it is disgraceful allowing them to exercise and have medical care and a proper diet?

    I am always confused when people spew such hyperbole when they OBVIOUSLY have an odd definition of what would be disgraceful.

    Try to concentrate. It wasn't the food, it wasn't the excellent medical care. The prison at Gitmo was created to take advantage of a legal loophole, an excuse to hold people indefinitely, without charging them. If you want to live in Russia or China or some country that doesn't give a damn about individual rights, take a hike. Here in America, even prisoners have the right to know what they are charged with, and the right to representation. That's how we do it in this country....if you don't like it, find another.

  9. #79
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    The topic itself is valid, I agree. Nothing wrong with it, though I question it's overall usefulness.

    I didn't realize this was a game to you. If so, you don't seem to follow any rules that I can discern, except what's convenient for you.

    Anyone with reasoning skills sees through your smoke screens.

    I fail to see how what I "gave out" has any resemblance to your responses. Yours are laden with insults, mine point out the assertions which you've utterly failed to support.

    You won't admit that you took the part of that article that turned you on, restated it by adding your own of rhetoric and grandstanding, and then spat it out here and referred back to it as if everything that you posted was true, and part of the article. You conveniently ignored and continue to ignore the portion of the article I quoted earlier in this thread.

    You don't seem interested in even defending your position. All you've really done is evade, insult, and dissemble.

    You seem to refuse to argue in a fair manner. There's nothing wrong with admitting when you are wrong, or when someone else is right (as I did with the hack comment and agreeing the topic is valid).

    And, if you'd like to be taken seriously, apologize for the needless insults and stop hurling them.

    "Your call."




    Stop crying. You falsey lied about me starting a thread to simply "bash obama", You then infered I was a "partisan hack" for daring to critisize obama.


    You got your attitude right back in your face. So you can take your apology and go pound sand....


    Damn, the hubris of these so called "moderates" ......




    (Your call now. Come back to me with crap, you will get it right back. Come back with an intelligent on topic post and I will treat you the same. Your call chuckles)



    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #80
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Regardless of Gitmo's status, the reality is that there are now a lot of inmates and they're still a big security issue. Until the innocent can be sorted from the guilty, they all have to be treated as a risk. I don't blame the senate for tearing this bill apart.

    I agree with you and the senate here. I think Obama wanted to close GITMO to keep his campaign promise, but failed to see the bigger picture that the Democrats, wouldn't risk thier seats, nor (for the most part) thier countrymen with this ill sighted attempt.


    Well, that's a complicated issue. Al Qaeda was formerly targetting the U.S. and its overseas operations, mostly... but once the invasions happened and Europe got on board, they had their own security concerns. I still think the principle risk from Al Qaeda is towards the United States which is why the current Admin could justify not wanting to take them. Europe's issues centre mostly around the cultural divides between Euro culture and Islam, and tensions already present there. In other words Europe has its own reason for wanting the inmates.

    They don't want them. Did you mean to say they want them? I am confused here.


    But yes, Europe has its issues regarding al qaeda, but I think its relying on the US too much, while blaming us for our actions to protect ourselves and them. Though less so with Obama in office.



    In any case... Europe will definitely want its own show trials, its own hyped up investigations into terrorism, and having some Gitmo people to serve up, especially ones who are citizens of their country, would be prime real estate for political maneuvering.


    How so. Aren't most of the GITMO inmates either hard core terrorists, or suspected terrorists thier own countries do not want back?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •