Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 102

Thread: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

  1. #41
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    Actually, I see it the opposite way.

    Merely taking steps to move forward with his plan to close Gitmo is fulfilling a campaign promise.

    Anyone with half a brain knows that the President is not the only ruling body in our country. If someone is so clueless to believe that a campaign promise means that it will happen NO MATTER WHAT .. well...psst..do you wanna buy a watch?
    So you are saying that the people who voted for Obama because of his promises are gullible? Or are you saying Obama is unrealistic and nave with his promises? Both?

    Perhaps the campaign promises were just a joke? haha?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #42
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Sorry but just because a political party has run itsself into the ground and has made themselves no longer currently relevant does not mean that the last eight years of failed policies and the distaserous repurcussions of those policies are not still relevant today and in the future.

    I know it's painful to watch...But the Dems will fix the Republicans blunders with or without them.



    Actually I think thus far, Obama has continued the Republicans mistakes, and has added his own sugar to the pot spendin more in 100 days, than all presidents in history or some such.....


    But hey that's just me.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #43
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    Willful denial of the facts. It's amusing that you link something that you obviously didn't even read, then use the opportunity to pounce on Obama.

    From the article:



    It's simple. They want Obama to submit a plan for what to do with the prisoners. Even the most blind partisan hack has to admit that he's anything but a lazy guy, so he'll come up with one and then submit it. Gitmo will close once an agreement's been reached.
    [/quote]


    Please. Obama thought all he had to do was waive his hand and thy will be done. he failed. his own party rebuked him.

    Why? because they see the writing on the wall..... and self preservation is kicking in.


    if you want to cry and bitch about "hacks" because as a "moderate" you can't stand ANY critisizm of dear leader. then perhaps you should stay out of these threads.




    Really, what's your point, other than to make up reasons to bash Obama?




    I love when so called "moderates" pucker up for obama. please. Obama is an adult, you don't have to run your mouth with this sort of nonsense because you think the Good Reverend is being a big meainie towards chairman maobama.......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #44
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Yes the greatest President in modern times armed and funded the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden during the Russian/Afghan war. The greatest President of modern times funded and armed Saddam Hussein during the Iran/Iraq war.
    The greatest President in modern times started the major crack epidemic in this country by arming the Rebels in Nicaragua in trade for cocaine which was funneled into the states given to street gangs.

    Yes the greatest American president in modern times actually negotiated with the Iranians to hold the 52 hostages until the very min he was inaugurated.

    Yes Raygun was great wasn't he? Don't you remember the Iran/contra affair?

    Why is it the every single Republican administration ends in contoversy and our country having a black eye?

    Why ignore the Republicans daily blatant idiocy?
    Relax, Lenin and Stalin are not going to rebuke your membership card. Take it easy.

    Nice bullet points though, and keep it up. This is the nonsense that always does your party in....again and again.

  5. #45
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Please. Obama thought all he had to do was waive his hand and thy will be done. he failed. his own party rebuked him.
    Proof?

    Why? because they see the writing on the wall..... and self preservation is kicking in.
    Proof?

    if you want to cry and bitch about "hacks" because as a "moderate" you can't stand ANY critisizm of dear leader. then perhaps you should stay out of these threads.
    I'll post where I wish, and say what I wish. How dare you insinuate I don't have the right? And I didn't state any particular person was a hack. If you don't like it, perhaps it's YOU who should go elsewhere.

    I love when so called "moderates" pucker up for obama. please. Obama is an adult, you don't have to run your mouth with this sort of nonsense because you think the Good Reverend is being a big meainie towards chairman maobama.......
    So, what you're really saying, is you have no proof of any of your assertions whatsoever. Got it. Thanks!

    Edit: I'm not a fan of Obama, I'm merely pointing out that you'll use any excuse to bash him. I judge him on the merits of his individual decisions.
    Last edited by Analyst; 05-21-09 at 02:37 PM.

  6. #46
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Please. The Obama thought all He had to do was waive His hand and Thy will be done. He failed. His own party rebuked Him.
    RH:
    Correcting the capitalization errors in your post. I really hate it when people do not present The Obama with the respect that He deserves.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 05-21-09 at 02:40 PM.

  7. #47
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    So you are saying that the people who voted for Obama because of his promises are gullible? Or are you saying Obama is unrealistic and nave with his promises? Both?

    Perhaps the campaign promises were just a joke? haha?
    You know what I'm saying, you just choose to ignore it.

    I'll use simple words.

    Obama made campaign promises.

    Thus far, he is making strides toward putting many of them into effect.

    Anyone who voted for him thinking that all he had to do was be put into office and everything he promised would instantly materialize is an idiot.

    Does that make it more clear to you?

  8. #48
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    RH:
    Correcting the capitalization errors in your post. I really hate it when people do not present The Obama with the respect that He deserves.
    Purely a troll post. Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

  9. #49
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    Purely a troll post. Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.
    It was a joke between RH and myself.
    He gets it.
    If you don't -- well, I won't lose any sleep.

  10. #50
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It was a joke between RH and myself.
    He gets it.
    If you don't -- well, I won't lose any sleep.
    It wasn't just between you and RH - if it was, you'd have sent a PM. You posted it on a public board...so I'd suggest not doing so if you can't take the criticism.
    Last edited by Analyst; 05-21-09 at 02:54 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •