Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102

Thread: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Don't worry TD. While sitting on the sidelines for the next 16 years you will have the oportunity to sort out what is truth and what it is like for people that are truely concerned for this country to be in charge. Watch and learn truth.
    What an amusing prediction; you may wish to polish that crystal ball you are using. Harry Reid is going to be the first of many casualties of the Democrats; polls in Nevada have him losing by significant margins.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    First...over the next several weeks you will have to learn to admit that Cheney is a desperate liar and supporting his lies has led you to falsely believe that what you are saying is truth as opposed to the BS which it actually is.
    I find this rhetoric farcical considering the FACT that the Democrats YOU support won't release the memos indicating that what Cheney is saying is indeed the truth.

    Do you think your denial is an adequate defense for avoiding reality and the truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    When and how long do you think it will take the Republican party to regain dignity and respect in the eyes of the world?
    The notion that Democrats have any dignity and respect requires a willful denial I certainly am incapable of. Have you seen any recent polls on how they are doing and perceived?

    The only people making such asinine assertions are Democrats who are desperate to find cover for the failure that is certainly coming to their desperate grab for political power.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    As we all know they have Zero now.
    Once more, have you looked at recent polls on the Democrat led Congress?

    I am starting to think Republicans may actually take it back in the midterm elections if they put up credible candidates; Harry Reid will be the first casualty of Democrats irresponsible leadership.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No it was the detainee abuse and torture. Pretty much that was it.
    The only ones making such asinine claims are those who bring no facts to the debate; the "enhanced" methods were conducted on THREE detainees because other methods were getting no results and these "enhanced" methods do not meet the definition of torture even as used by the United Nations.

    What part of the TRUTH do you not get? I am always amused when Liberals substitute hyperbole and disingenuous partisan politics for facts and honest discourse.

    The asinine argument that we mistreat our prisoners is not only an outright lie; but patently offensive.

  3. #93
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The only ones making such asinine claims are those who bring no facts to the debate; the "enhanced" methods were conducted on THREE detainees
    its just the "tip of the ice berg". And if it isn't then 3 is 3 too many!
    Last edited by scourge99; 05-22-09 at 05:19 PM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #94
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The only ones making such asinine claims are those who bring no facts to the debate; the "enhanced" methods were conducted on THREE detainees because other methods were getting no results and these "enhanced" methods do not meet the definition of torture even as used by the United Nations.

    What part of the TRUTH do you not get? I am always amused when Liberals substitute hyperbole and disingenuous partisan politics for facts and honest discourse.

    The asinine argument that we mistreat our prisoners is not only an outright lie; but patently offensive.
    You version of the "truth" is, as usual, false.
    CIA records state that at least 30 detainees received enhanced interrogation.
    But of course, you knew that.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    its just the "tip of the ice berg". And if it isn't then 3 is 3 too many!
    Once again, your whole premise is based on; "because you say so."


  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You version of the "truth" is, as usual, false.
    CIA records state that at least 30 detainees received enhanced interrogation.
    But of course, you knew that.
    Please share the credible source of your "secret" information that no one seems to have right now.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Please share the credible source of your "secret" information that no one seems to have right now.
    Hey Cheney is asking for full disclosure, if you can imagine that, I think that there will soon be a time that his wishes will come through.

    Cheney asking for full disclosure...what a joke.

    How about full disclosure about him outing covert CIA agents for political gain?

    Cheney is going to flap his gums into a corner that he can't back out of.
    He is a obvious lying old fool.

    I say light will shed truth....that is why Dick lived in the dark for the last eight years.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Hey Cheney is asking for full disclosure, if you can imagine that, I think that there will soon be a time that his wishes will come through.

    Cheney asking for full disclosure...what a joke.

    How about full disclosure about him outing covert CIA agents for political gain?

    Cheney is going to flap his gums into a corner that he can't back out of.
    He is a obvious lying old fool.

    I say light will shed truth....that is why Dick lived in the dark for the last eight years.
    I always find it ironic when Liberals rail about the truth while expressing lies.

  9. #99
    Phoenecian
    Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    03-22-13 @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Two words, EPIC FAIL for Obama and good for America. I am shocked personally at the 90-6 vote against closing GITMO, Given the attacks on the last admin during the war by many of these senators on GITMO.
    I'd just like to clarify that they didn't vote against closing Gitmo. That's a misrepresentation of what happened. The quotes I've read about this vote were to the effect that they voted against the FUNDING until a more detailed plan is presented to them. I'm sure your misrepresentation was accidental of course.
    Affiant further sayeth not.

  10. #100
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The only ones making such asinine claims are those who bring no facts to the debate; the "enhanced" methods were conducted on THREE detainees because other methods were getting no results and these "enhanced" methods do not meet the definition of torture even as used by the United Nations.

    What part of the TRUTH do you not get? I am always amused when Liberals substitute hyperbole and disingenuous partisan politics for facts and honest discourse.

    The asinine argument that we mistreat our prisoners is not only an outright lie; but patently offensive.
    You are clinically insane.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •