Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    There is a very old story attributed to a greek slave named Aesop from the 6-7th Centuty BC its called-

    'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'

    "A shepherd-boy, who watched a flock of sheep near a village, brought out the villagers three or four times by crying out, "Wolf! Wolf!" and when his neighbors came to help him, laughed at them for their pains.

    The Wolf, however, did truly come at last. The Shepherd-boy, now really alarmed, shouted in an agony of terror: "Pray, do come and help me; the Wolf is killing the sheep"; but no one paid any heed to his cries, nor rendered any assistance. The Wolf, having no cause of fear, at his leisure lacerated or destroyed the whole flock.

    There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth."

    Its lesson is more then applicable.




    Also note the KBR/Haliburton demonizers bashing Bush /Cheney etc.
    Its a conspiracy theory..whatever legal trouble KBR may have is of no concern to them.

  2. #22
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    There is a very old story attributed to a greek slave named Aesop from the 6-7th Centuty BC its called-

    'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'

    "A shepherd-boy, who watched a flock of sheep near a village, brought out the villagers three or four times by crying out, "Wolf! Wolf!" and when his neighbors came to help him, laughed at them for their pains.

    The Wolf, however, did truly come at last. The Shepherd-boy, now really alarmed, shouted in an agony of terror: "Pray, do come and help me; the Wolf is killing the sheep"; but no one paid any heed to his cries, nor rendered any assistance. The Wolf, having no cause of fear, at his leisure lacerated or destroyed the whole flock.

    There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth."

    Its lesson is more then applicable.
    Hogwash. Irrelevant red herring as you have no proof of anyone lying here. Moving on.

    Also note the KBR/Haliburton demonizers bashing Bush /Cheney etc.
    Its a conspiracy theory..whatever legal trouble KBR may have is of no concern to them.
    Oh never mind, yet more pointless hyper partisan commentary. Nothing actually relevant to the topic of the thread.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    That ok because after this reply you're on ignore.

  4. #24
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    That ok because after this reply you're on ignore.
    Awww...my feelings are hurt Triad. God forbid I point out your nonsense, that I call attention to your pointless partisan hackery.

    That's probably best because if you keep posting little gems like the ones above it's gonna get ugly for you up here.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 05-20-09 at 07:55 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #25
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Triad, if I'm not mistaken you're trying to say that "liberals" are heading up this investigation, and that since they've allegedly lied about KBR & Haliburton in the past, there's good reason not to believe this accusation either. Have I got that right?

    Assuming so, or even if I'm completely off for that matter, I think the manner in which you presented your argument seems more like partisan liberal bashing than making a valid point. You'll probably be putting a lot more people on ignore if you continue making your arguments using that approach, because Lerxist isn't the only one around here who will call you out on that stuff.

    But to address your point, and I think Lerxist already mentioned this, the investigation is not being carried out by liberals as you claim, it's being carried out by the Pentagon.

    KBR Targeted in Fraud Probe: Pentagon Official - Defense News

  6. #26
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'll have to disagree. KBR was one of the only companies available to provide wide scale resources for these kinds of operations. They had the internal infrastructure to ramp up major overseas contracting jobs under a single management shingle.

    I know this was the mantra we all heard when KBR got the job, but I'm not sure I believe it. Isn't this what Cheney would say to justify the no-bid contract? Do you really believe there was no other company capable of building and servicing military bases?

  7. #27
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    That ok because after this reply you're on ignore.
    Put me on ignore too Triad. You don't want to hear what I think of the crap you are spinning.

  8. #28
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I know this was the mantra we all heard when KBR got the job, but I'm not sure I believe it. Isn't this what Cheney would say to justify the no-bid contract? Do you really believe there was no other company capable of building and servicing military bases?
    I believe there were companies capable of servicing bases, but I don't think there was a single company that had the kind of "one stop shop" horsepower that made KBR as appealing. Look, we are talking about people who went into Iraq with an absolute abortion of a plan. It's not like managing the details of a situation they completely failed to plan for were at the top of their list. What I'm getting at is that the move to outsource and outsource big came fast and with little anticipation. KBR presented a very nice option to the Bush administration as the prime on these contracts. And given the concept of using Iraqi oil money to pay for the rebuilding I don't think that the bean counters were all too concerned in validating claims for payment. Seriously, who would they send at the time?

    I don't think that the Bush administration fully appreciated how this would shake out and KBR was just very convenient for offloading responsibility. There was a disconnect at the strategic level when it came to projecting the real civil aspect of the cost of rebuilding during a violent and widespread insurgency. They simply tried to keep up by pouring money into it as fast as they could.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Triad, if I'm not mistaken you're trying to say that "liberals" are heading up this investigation, and that since they've allegedly lied about KBR & Haliburton in the past, there's good reason not to believe this accusation either. Have I got that right?

    Assuming so, or even if I'm completely off for that matter, I think the manner in which you presented your argument seems more like partisan liberal bashing than making a valid point. You'll probably be putting a lot more people on ignore if you continue making your arguments using that approach, because Lerxist isn't the only one around here who will call you out on that stuff.

    But to address your point, and I think Lerxist already mentioned this, the investigation is not being carried out by liberals as you claim, it's being carried out by the Pentagon.

    KBR Targeted in Fraud Probe: Pentagon Official - Defense News
    No I am not saying any investigation are headed by liberals and their plotting to do x y or z in the courts. Never did.
    Here is what I said-
    Haliburton and KBR are the corporations the left decided to demonize as part of their overall lets **** over Iraq plot.
    It was chosen because years ago Cheney worked for them.

    Past that they wouldn't give a rats ass if it ground up babies.



    Doesn't matter guilt or innocence..it matters how they can portray negatively. Its basically a conspiracy theory.


    Childish.


    I'm saying Haliburton/KBR is a target of the Far Left and stories like this are made and often hyped to absurd levels as many of the posts in response to it show.

    The argument that Haliburton/KBR is some sort of nefarious evil corporation aligned with Cheney is a Far Left Bush basher special.

    It become a boy who cried wolf and even if the story is valid it still can't be believed.

    Fraud is rampant yes..it not some evil plot by Bush/Cheney..yet that is the response you got wasn't it.


    /As for Lerxst his descent into bashing and crap started a few weeks back. If someone acts like him then please do ignore me./
    Last edited by Triad; 05-20-09 at 09:20 PM.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: U.S. Army paid bonuses to KBR despite questions

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Put me on ignore too Triad. You don't want to hear what I think of the crap you are spinning.
    What for?
    You prove my point more often then not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •