Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 193

Thread: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel out of

  1. #71
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    In that context, yes.

    .
    As it should be.
    This was the context to which i was refering. Supporting the Soviets was just. They needed aid to resist an unprovoked invaision.
    The Iraqis required our support to invade a nation unprovoked.

    This is as it should be. However, the US constantly brags about its greater morals, standards, and willingness to aid countries.

  2. #72
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    The United States, rather than invade Iran which would have been fully just, supported a country who did invade unprovoked so that the US wouldnt have to fight. My point stands.
    Your point doesn't stand.

    The US had no dog in this fight until the oil shipping lanes were threatened.

    After reflagging Kuwaiti oil tankers and sending a Navy flotilla into the Gulf, the US also shared satellite imagery with Iraq to expel Iran from the Faw Peninsula. This would place both countries in their original pre-war position.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  3. #73
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Your point doesn't stand.

    The US had no dog in this fight until the oil shipping lanes were threatened.

    After reflagging Kuwaiti oil tankers and sending a Navy flotilla into the Gulf, the US also shared satellite imagery with Iraq to expel Iran from the Faw Peninsula. This would place both countries in their original pre-war position.
    The US, as you stated, "gained" a "dog" in this fight.
    What was Iraq's?

  4. #74
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    The US, as you stated, "gained" a "dog" in this fight.
    Only when forced by events to do so.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  5. #75
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Only when forced by events to do so.
    You completely ignored the second half of my post. I gave you credit for the point made in the US having had a just reason to invade.
    Iraq had NO such reason.
    Yet the US supported them so that they could use the military might of another country to destroy their enemy.

  6. #76
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    You completely ignored the second half of my post. I gave you credit for the point made in the US having had a just reason to invade.
    Iraq had NO such reason.
    Yet the US supported them so that they could use the military might of another country to destroy their enemy.
    The US would have been quite content if Iraq and Iran destroyed each other.

    However, the US could not remain neutral once Iran began clogging the oil lanes with mines. Many Western nations including Russia sent warships into the Gulf to protect their vital interest... oil.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  7. #77
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    The US would have been quite content if Iraq and Iran destroyed each other.

    However, the US could not remain neutral once Iran began clogging the oil lanes with mines. Many Western nations including Russia sent warships into the Gulf to protect their vital interest... oil.
    The US played two countries against each other? Sadly you greatly over-estimate the intelligence of US political and military advisors. Iraq was going to invade Iran with or without US support. But the US, rather than simply protect its interests or strike back, supported a hostile country in expanding its borders. The US used Iraq as a way to fight without fighting.

  8. #78
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,527

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    The US played two countries against each other? Sadly you greatly over-estimate the intelligence of US political and military advisors. Iraq was going to invade Iran with or without US support. But the US, rather than simply protect its interests or strike back, supported a hostile country in expanding its borders. The US used Iraq as a way to fight without fighting.
    You're right, they should have supported Iran after the 1979 embassy attack.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #79
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're right, they should have supported Iran after the 1979 embassy attack.
    Uh huh...yeah......HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?

    The US should have:

    1)Invaded Iran in response.

    2)Moved only to protect it's interests.

    3)Or rolled over and played dead.

  10. #80
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,527

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Uh huh...yeah......HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?

    The US should have:

    1)Invaded Iran in response.

    2)Moved only to protect it's interests.

    3)Or rolled over and played dead.
    Define Option 2.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •