Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 193

Thread: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel out of

  1. #51
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    This is simply a distortion of the facts, they have attacked the U.S. and Israel on hundreds upon hundreds of occasions through their proxies Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Sadr Army and Israel has never once engaged in an offensive war.
    Again, simply because a country has ceased hostilities with neighbors for some time DOES NOT prevent it from re-engaging in the afore mentioed hostilities.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    i partially agree with you. An Israeli attack would put them in an unfavorable position. And the U.S. & U.N. would likely take actions to prevent such an action.

    However, Israel is no fool. Unlike the rest of the world they take the Iranian threat very seriously as they should. They will launch a preemptive strike if Iran achieves nuclear capibilities. They will not risk the lives of their people like the foolish and blind Obama Administration.
    I am not as certain as you for the reasons I expressed; in addition, Israel did not have to over-fly significant portions of other nations land to attack the nuclear facilities in Iraq and Syria which WOULD be the case with Iran.

    If they do something this foolish, it will be one of the few times I will be in absolute disagreement and NOT defend such an action regardless of my support and views of Israel.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    You are a fool. For years the Roman Empire (after reaching its peak) cease hostilities against the barbarians of the north. However, years later they were once again invading.

    A hostile country never ceases to be that. And they have more than enough military strength to eliminate Israel. Despite the IAFs superiority in the sir.
    Iran is not anywhere near Israel's border; how do you propose they will be able to mobilize an army to invade? Iraq will allow this?

    As to the comparison of Rome and the Barbarians; in contrast, the Barbarians did indeed come from Rome's borders. Your analogy isn't even close; and you suggest I am the fool?

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    This is simply a distortion of the facts, they have attacked the U.S. and Israel on hundreds upon hundreds of occasions through their proxies Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Sadr Army and Israel has never once engaged in an offensive war.
    I understand this; but as a nation and a National policy, they have not. There is a HUGE difference in “covert” support of terrorism and a “national policy.” On the other hand, Iraq had indeed invaded neighboring nations unprovoked including Iran.

  5. #55
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    fyi Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Iran is not anywhere near Israel's border; how do you propose they will be able to mobilize an army to invade? Iraq will allow this?

    As to the comparison of Rome and the Barbarians; in contrast, the Barbarians did indeed come from Rome's borders. Your analogy isn't even close; and you suggest I am the fool?
    Allow? How is Iraq, the new disorganized and almost powerless government, going to stop Iran? The US is the only thing keeping Iraq and Israel from falling to Iran. And if Iran declares war on Israel, the Iraqi government will allow them to pass through. Or the ywill declare war on Iraq and invade the country, and should the US resist the invaision with military force, Iran will claim we unjustly supported a nation in a war against its enemy which has not yet proked us (even though on numerous occaisions they have).

    From Romes borders? they came to the borders on many occasions and provoked Rome (very much like Israel is doing now to Iran).

  6. #56
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Question Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I understand this; but as a nation and a National policy, they have not. There is a HUGE difference in “covert” support of terrorism and a “national policy.” On the other hand, Iraq had indeed invaded neighboring nations unprovoked including Iran.
    And if you may recall, we supported that "unprovoked" invaision.

  7. #57
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    And if you may recall, we supported that "unprovoked" invaision.
    We also supported the Soviets against the Nazis. So...?

  8. #58
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    shocked2 Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am not as certain as you for the reasons I expressed; in addition, Israel did not have to over-fly significant portions of other nations land to attack the nuclear facilities in Iraq and Syria which WOULD be the case with Iran.

    If they do something this foolish, it will be one of the few times I will be in absolute disagreement and NOT defend such an action regardless of my support and views of Israel.
    So rather than support a country (any country, but here refering to Israel) against an oppressive and unjust regime you would consider Iran to be in the right?

  9. #59
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    joke Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    We also supported the Soviets against the Nazis. So...?
    Worst example i have ever heard.
    The Soviets defended themselves against and invaision then counter-attacked. The Iraqis invaded a nation. There is a HUGE difference.

  10. #60
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Worst example i have ever heard.
    Worst example of what?
    You noted that we assisted the Iraqis after they invaded Iran.
    What was your point?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •