Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 193

Thread: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel out of

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    You avoided the question...
    I could have sworn that was a clear yes. Iran not only could and would attack Israel but they have attacked Israel hundreds of times.

    But I doubt they are capable of a direct conventional military attack but perhaps they might employ the revolutionary guard Qods forces.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 05-23-09 at 03:05 PM.

  2. #142
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    I could have sworn that was a clear yes. Iran not only could and would attack Israel but they have attacked Israel hundreds of times.
    So you believe that if Israel attacks Iran in a preemtive strike Iran would declare war on Israel?

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    So you believe that if Israel attacks Iran in a preemtive strike Iran would declare war on Israel?
    I don't think they are capable of a direct military attack save perhaps for the use of the revolutionary guard Qods forces.

  4. #144
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    I don't think they are capable of a direct military attack save perhaps for the use of the revolutionary guard Qods forces.
    Suicide civilian bombs or car bombs?

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Suicide civilian bombs or car bombs?
    Rockets. The wall keeps out suicide and car bombers these days.

  6. #146
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Rockets. The wall keeps out suicide and car bombers these days.
    You think Israel can prevent every person who wants in from getting in?

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    You think Israel can prevent every person who wants in from getting in?
    They've done a pretty good job in the last few years I seriously doubt that Iran can infiltrate Israel proper anymore than it already has been.

  8. #148
    Banned gree0232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    All over
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,341

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    They've done a pretty good job in the last few years I seriously doubt that Iran can infiltrate Israel proper anymore than it already has been.
    Power projection platforms.

    Iran does not have any, save for long range missiles. Ergo, how exactly is Israel going to wipe out Israel?

    Suicide bombers? That will wipe out a country? Hardly, if anything, it woul galvinze world opinion againt whoever set them off, and state sponsored terrorism leaves plenty of trails leading back to the source .... just ask the Taliban.

    Are Hizbollah and Hamas going to do what the entire massed Arab Armies couldn't, and can't do? Do you think they are going to 'invade' Israel and that they would get even one inch into Israel using offensive military tactics before there was an overwhelming military response?

    Perhaps the Iranian Airforce? Would that stand a chance of getting through US monitored Iraqi skies, or Saudi skies patrolled by F-15 and British Tornados?

    No, the 'only' threat that Iran has to Israel, and even that is further reduced in effectivness by patriot batteries.

    No, all that is being said is some tough talk, the equivalent of saying, "Yeah, I can take the toughest guy on the block (so long as he is out of ear shot)."

    That so many people will try so hard to make Iran, whose annual military budget is an accounting error in the Pentagon into a regional, much less global, threat is every bit as silly as it sounds.

    Iran is, at best, an annoyance militarily, and if you read a little bit of military doctrine, you'd quickly discover that the warning to never under-estimate your enemy is quickly followed by the stern warning to never over-estimate your enemy with potentially even greater dangers resulting from the miscalculation.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by gree0232 View Post
    Power projection platforms.

    Iran does not have any, save for long range missiles. Ergo, how exactly is Israel going to wipe out Israel?

    Suicide bombers? That will wipe out a country? Hardly, if anything, it woul galvinze world opinion againt whoever set them off, and state sponsored terrorism leaves plenty of trails leading back to the source .... just ask the Taliban.

    Are Hizbollah and Hamas going to do what the entire massed Arab Armies couldn't, and can't do? Do you think they are going to 'invade' Israel and that they would get even one inch into Israel using offensive military tactics before there was an overwhelming military response?

    Perhaps the Iranian Airforce? Would that stand a chance of getting through US monitored Iraqi skies, or Saudi skies patrolled by F-15 and British Tornados?

    No, the 'only' threat that Iran has to Israel, and even that is further reduced in effectivness by patriot batteries.

    No, all that is being said is some tough talk, the equivalent of saying, "Yeah, I can take the toughest guy on the block (so long as he is out of ear shot)."

    That so many people will try so hard to make Iran, whose annual military budget is an accounting error in the Pentagon into a regional, much less global, threat is every bit as silly as it sounds.

    Iran is, at best, an annoyance militarily, and if you read a little bit of military doctrine, you'd quickly discover that the warning to never under-estimate your enemy is quickly followed by the stern warning to never over-estimate your enemy with potentially even greater dangers resulting from the miscalculation.
    The problem is that the Iranian leadership has the will and the desire if not the capability to attack Israel which is seen through numerous attacks carried out by their proxies which is why they can not be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 05-23-09 at 03:41 PM.

  10. #150
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Restraint? Did you forget their very swift counter?
    which time? has israel responded in full force every time a rocket was launced?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •