Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 193

Thread: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel out of

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How is Iraqi military might now compared to what it was during the Iraq/Iran war? Leaving aside the fact that the US would actually do the fighting, just looking at the Iraqi army, isn't it much weaker now?
    I would argue that the Iraqi military is in MUCH better shape now than it was during the Iran War and under better leadership; in addition, I would argue that the Iranian military is even weaker than it was during the Iran Iraq war due to leadership issues.

  2. #102
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I would argue that the Iraqi military is in MUCH better shape now than it was during the Iran War and under better leadership; in addition, I would argue that the Iranian military is even weaker than it was during the Iran Iraq war due to leadership issues.
    I am not sure on either, was a question out of curiosity. I was under the impression that the Iraqi army had been dismantled and debaathized(sp?), and had not really recovered yet from that, but that is simply an impression.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not sure on either, was a question out of curiosity. I was under the impression that the Iraqi army had been dismantled and debaathized(sp?), and had not really recovered yet from that, but that is simply an impression.
    My understanding is that the Iraqi military has been growing and being trained and armed by our military.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Army]Iraqi Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    Contrary to what Maxientius attempts to claim; Iran is incapable of controlling the air above the battlefield neither in Iraq NOR in their own nation. No one can win a modern confrontation without first controlling the airspace above the battlefield.

    Ask anyone connected with the Military in the "know."

  4. #104
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How is Iraqi military might now compared to what it was during the Iraq/Iran war? Leaving aside the fact that the US would actually do the fighting, just looking at the Iraqi army, isn't it much weaker now?
    The US would not, and would not need to do Israel's fighting. And Israel would not fight on Iranian soil. If the Iranian army crosses Iraq in their little APC's, none of them will reach the Israeli border. It will be like Pickett's charge at Gettysburg. Do you concur Tashah?
    Last edited by WillRockwell; 05-22-09 at 05:15 PM.

  5. #105
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The US would not, and would not need to do Israel's fighting. And Israel would not fight on Iranian soil. If the Iranian army crosses Iraq in their little APC's, none of them will reach the Israeli border. It will be like Pickett's charge at Gettysburg. Do you concur Tashah?
    Oh, the US would not actively fight to support Isreal I don't think(nor would Isreal need it...they is good at what they do), though we would provide aid. But if an invasion went through Iraq, we would respond and do the lion's share of the fighting.

  6. #106
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh, the US would not actively fight to support Isreal I don't think(nor would Isreal need it...they is good at what they do), though we would provide aid. But if an invasion went through Iraq, we would respond and do the lion's share of the fighting.
    well, an Iranian movement through Iraq would constitute an invasion, so yes, we would respond.

  7. #107
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    The US would not, and would not need to do Israel's fighting. And Israel would not fight on Iranian soil. If the Iranian army crosses Iraq in their little APC's, none of them will reach the Israeli border. It will be like Pickett's charge at Gettysburg. Do you concur Tashah?
    Reach the Israeli border?

    Once west the Euphrates river in Iraq, Iran is in very deep doo-doo. Nothing but open desert for hundreds of miles. The IAF loves the desert...


    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  8. #108
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Reach the Israeli border?

    Once west the Euphrates river in Iraq, Iran is in very deep doo-doo. Nothing but open desert for hundreds of miles. The IAF loves the desert...

    F-16's so sexy!

  9. #109
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    11 days? I wouldn't bet on the Iranians surviving for 11 hours.

    Last edited by WillRockwell; 05-22-09 at 05:34 PM.

  10. #110
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Question Re: General commander of the Iranian army: It will take us 11 days "to wipe Israel ou

    So let me get this staright. Israel thinks it can launch a nuclear preemptive strike against Iranian nuclear facilities and Iran will just roll over and take it??

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •