Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Speaker Martin to resign!

  1. #31
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    "Deselection". Is this only for Labour?

    It all depends how it works to me. I don't fancy either giving much power to a completely unaccountable body and certainly not to the cabinet or PM.
    All parties.
    I want all the power to be given back to us. Under Labour most of the power is centralised.
    Not to mention that is there really a need for over 600 MPs now that devolved parliaments are here? Lets cut the costs and cut out 200.


  2. #32
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    All parties.
    I want all the power to be given back to us. Under Labour most of the power is centralised.
    Not to mention that is there really a need for over 600 MPs now that devolved parliaments are here? Lets cut the costs and cut out 200.
    Less MPs is more centralised, it means they represent less people.. I want less power at Westminister, only then is reducing MPs worth talking about.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #33
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Less MPs is more centralised, it means they represent less people.. I want less power at Westminister, only then is reducing MPs worth talking about.
    Power from Parliament is already gone, to EU and the devolved assemblies. Give more power to consituents over their own area. Every borough has a different need, Parliament cannot understand it properly and a 'one rule for all' does not work. By giving power and influence to boroughs, councils and making sure they are accountable to the consituent means everyone is happy.


  4. #34
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Power from Parliament is already gone, to EU and the devolved assemblies.
    Well reversing the former should be a great concern.
    Give more power to consituents over their own area.
    Indeed but I don't think this is helped by making the one person responsible for even more people and an even wider area.

    Every borough has a different need, Parliament cannot understand it properly and a 'one rule for all' does not work. By giving power and influence to boroughs, councils and making sure they are accountable to the consituent means everyone is happy.
    I agree completely, regions, counties and locales need much more power.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Nope.
    Just double checked and shes clean
    I voted Labour last time round, my MP is conservative.
    Have you visited her surgery to discuss your issues?

    What % of the unwashed voted in the last round of local elections?

  6. #36
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    Have you visited her surgery to discuss your issues?

    What % of the unwashed voted in the last round of local elections?
    She is fine, no worries. I can handle her having a huge house as long as her voting records are good and they are.

    Last election:

    Conservative 22,183 45.3%
    Labour 13,782 28.2%
    Liberal Democrat 10,862 22.2%
    UK Independence Party 1,301 2.7%
    Independent 836 1.7%

    Mine is a conservative safe seat


  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Less MPs is more centralised, it means they represent less people.. I want less power at Westminister, only then is reducing MPs worth talking about.
    I seem to remember your party got a stunning 83 people to vote for your candidate in Dorset South in 2005.

    What % of the turn out was that?

    How many seats will your party contest in the next election?


    Do you think the position will improve at the next election?


    Do you use a postal vote.


    Could I attend your party conference, if I can would you PM me the address of the Telephone Box it will be held in

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    She is fine, no worries. I can handle her having a huge house as long as her voting records are good and they are.

    Last election:

    Conservative 22,183 45.3%
    Labour 13,782 28.2%
    Liberal Democrat 10,862 22.2%
    UK Independence Party 1,301 2.7%
    Independent 836 1.7%

    Mine is a conservative safe seat
    I asked you have you ever visited her surgery to discuss with you representative the issues you have with Parliament?

    I also asked you what % of the electorate voted in the last round of Local Elections?

    You voted Labour last time, are you a member? did you meet the candidate or read the manifesto?
    Last edited by B L Zeebub; 05-22-09 at 03:56 PM.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    I asked you have you ever visited her surgery to discuss with you representative the issues you have with Parliament?

    I also asked you what % of the electorate voted in the last round of Local Elections?

    You voted Labour last time, are you a member? did you meet the candidate or read the manifesto?
    Ohh i see, my mistake. Read too fast.

    Ofc i visit her surgery. I speak to her alot about what i dislike about Parliament and reforms, the conservative party to give them their due are very enthuastic about reform and also whenever a big bill is coming up, i make sure i know which way she is voting or if i need her help on local issues like council tax and so on.

    65% turnout i believe
    Not a member of Labour, i only voted Labour because it was the only party i knew or recognised
    Last edited by Laila; 05-22-09 at 04:14 PM.


  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Speaker Martin to resign!

    Thats a very informed way to cast your vote, the suffragettes would be proud of you.

    I will give you a clue, as you seem to like devolution, in the 2004 Local elections in Wales there was a comparatively high turn out, 41.8%

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •