Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    Link
    BBC NEWS | Business | World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    More cash to augment Mugabe's Swiss Bank Account.

    If Zimbabwe is over $1 Billion in debt with no hope of being able to repay, what on earth is the reason for further adding to that debt.

    There has been little to no change in the way Zimbabwe is being governed simply because Mugabe and his thugs will not permit any change other than a public display of pretending to unite with the Opposition.

    Almost as crazy as Obama stealing from US taxpayers and giving money to those thieves who caused problem in first instance.
    What a crazy world we live in.

  2. #2
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Business | World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    More cash to augment Mugabe's Swiss Bank Account.

    If Zimbabwe is over $1 Billion in debt with no hope of being able to repay, what on earth is the reason for further adding to that debt.

    There has been little to no change in the way Zimbabwe is being governed simply because Mugabe and his thugs will not permit any change other than a public display of pretending to unite with the Opposition.

    Almost as crazy as Obama stealing from US taxpayers and giving money to those thieves who caused problem in first instance.
    What a crazy world we live in.
    I agree with what you wrote until you decided to go all partisan and stick Obama's name in there. Obama is not doing anything differently then what Bush began doing, and McCain promised to do.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I agree with what you wrote until you decided to go all partisan and stick Obama's name in there. Obama is not doing anything differently then what Bush began doing, and McCain promised to do.
    In other words, you're saying there's no difference between Bush, McCain, and The Messiah.

    We already knew that.

    Too bad we're getting the kind of short change we can believe in.

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Business | World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    More cash to augment Mugabe's Swiss Bank Account.

    If Zimbabwe is over $1 Billion in debt with no hope of being able to repay, what on earth is the reason for further adding to that debt.

    There has been little to no change in the way Zimbabwe is being governed simply because Mugabe and his thugs will not permit any change other than a public display of pretending to unite with the Opposition.

    Almost as crazy as Obama stealing from US taxpayers and giving money to those thieves who caused problem in first instance.
    What a crazy world we live in.
    Leaving aside the unrelated comments about President Obama, I noticed this in the article you linked:

    Quote Originally Posted by BBC news
    The World Bank said the relatively small amount of money was "a first step". More could be forthcoming when Zimbabwe begins to clear its arrears.
    ...

    "The first task is to see how Zimbabwe can get on with debt reduction," said the World Bank's Toga Gayewea McIntosh.

    Zimbabwe's finance minister, Tendai Biti, said the government would work with the World Bank on a debt reduction plan.
    I removed a bit from the middle there to be clear up front.

    It sounds to me like the World Bank is trying to get them some money to help get them started fixing things, but requiring them in return for that aid to get it's debt problem under control. Nothing inappropriate to that I can see. Sometimes people and countries need a bit of help getting started on the path to fixing themselves. I know I did at some points of my life.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    Win Mugabe.

  6. #6
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    One Hundred Trillion Zimbabwe Dollars (notice the anti-counterfeit measures on it):



    The amount of them you would need to buy a round of beer for your friends:



    I would imagine that Zimbabwe has the only paper currency on earth where the paper its printed on is worth more than the currency itself.
    Last edited by SouthernDemocrat; 05-18-09 at 10:16 PM.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #7
    Professor
    128shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    02-18-10 @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,258

    Re: World Bank resumes Zimbabwe aid

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    One Hundred Trillion Zimbabwe Dollars (notice the anti-counterfeit measures on it):



    The amount of them you would need to buy a round of beer for your friends:



    I would imagine that Zimbabwe has the only paper currency on earth where the paper its printed on is worth more than the currency itself.
    No since every single currency in the world is backed by well, nothing, its true for everyone, more or less.

    Zimbabwe is just the extreme case

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •