Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 227

Thread: Obama wins over notre dame

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Kinda funny since if anyone is an "Uncle Tom" (or an "Oreo" for that matter) it would be Obama...

    I think its safe to say the person who made the comment voted for Obama..I think its safe to say they voted for Obama based on the visual color of his skin.
    They voted for what they call an Uncle Tom.
    Obama is no uncle tom either.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It was an awesome speech. It was of value.
    Speeches have no value. Dear Leader was dead wrong on that during the campaign--as he is wrong about most every other topic under the sun. "Just words" are just that....just words. And, in his case, empty, hollow, meaningless words. He says much, promise more, delivers not a damn thing.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-18-13 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    495

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Why don't you man up and tell me yourself, champ, instead of playing the histrionic drama queen and talking through others.

    I find it very telling that you, again, start throwing the race divide around by calling powerful and respected African Americans "Uncle Tom's" because you have a disagreement with their politics. "Blacks in white-face"? Seriously?

    I, for one, am glad that all the black people I know, for the most part, have a sane view of race relations rather than this blathering nonsense you have spewed from day one. You and Al Sharpton are everything that is wrong with race relations in this country today.
    Although I have you on "self-ignore", let me come off for a moment to address your concerns. You disrespected me. You continue to disrespect me. Therefore I will not engage you. I will overlook your posts, and pretend you do not exist. You have operated dishonestly, and I can find no redeeming qualities to your posts. That being said, why don't you move on, as I have done...because my mission is not to leave here, under duress, but to try to contribute to this forum, in a meaningful way. Rather than to comment on my posts, feel free to ignore them, as I am ignoring you. You think me less than human. I'm not going to reciprocate. I'm going to let you alone. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.

  4. #24
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronssongs View Post
    Wow, just wow??????? Hell, yeah I disagree with their politics...but that is not what makes them Uncle Toms. The fact that they failed to hold the Bush administration accountable, in all things, but especially things which impacted blacks and persons of color, negatively, specifically, and could continue being "mouthpieces" for the administration, is what makes them Uncle Toms.
    I know it might be hard for you to understand, but the notion or the concept of "selling one down the river", still resonates within the black community. They simply forgot where they came from...and that is a big "no-no".
    Nothing you said changes the fact that you call them uncle toms because their politics are different than yours. So shallow for one who thinks he's so knowledgeable.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronssongs View Post
    Although I have you on "self-ignore", let me come off for a moment to address your concerns. You disrespected me. You continue to disrespect me. Therefore I will not engage you. I will overlook your posts, and pretend you do not exist. You have operated dishonestly, and I can find no redeeming qualities to your posts. That being said, why don't you move on, as I have done...because my mission is not to leave here, under duress, but to try to contribute to this forum, in a meaningful way. Rather than to comment on my posts, feel free to ignore them, as I am ignoring you. You think me less than human. I'm not going to reciprocate. I'm going to let you alone. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm going to continue to call you on your dishonest bull**** at every turn. If you want to tuck tail and run, more power to you but you can rest assured that I will not curb my passions to protect your overly tender sensibilities. I don't cooperate with race baiters and hysterics so get over it.

    Back to the topic?

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronssongs View Post
    Wow, just wow??????? Hell, yeah I disagree with their politics...but that is not what makes them Uncle Toms. The fact that they failed to hold the Bush administration accountable, in all things, but especially things which impacted blacks and persons of color, negatively, specifically, and could continue being "mouthpieces" for the administration, is what makes them Uncle Toms.
    I know it might be hard for you to understand, but the notion or the concept of "selling one down the river", still resonates within the black community. They simply forgot where they came from...and that is a big "no-no".
    Could you do me a favor please? At the top of this forum is a link labeled "user CP". Click on that link, select "edit your details", scroll down to the bottom where it says "political leaning", and change it to something without the word "liberal". You are making me embarrassed to have the same leaning as you.

  7. #27
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Could you do me a favor please? At the top of this forum is a link labeled "user CP". Click on that link, select "edit your details", scroll down to the bottom where it says "political leaning", and change it to something without the word "liberal". You are making me embarrassed to have the same leaning as you.
    That's Ok Redress. We all have some crazies in our camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-18-13 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    495

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Kinda funny since if anyone is an "Uncle Tom" (or an "Oreo" for that matter) it would be Obama...


    Obama is a privelaged white kid whose black half simply gave him skin tone. His life has been run by whites. His background is a white. His lifestyle is basically as a white. His education is as a white. The black half ran out on him when he was a kid.
    Barring skin tone Obama for all practical purposes is a privileged white who has nothing in common with most blacks beyond outer skin color/hair type.


    I think its safe to say the person who made the comment voted for Obama..I think its safe to say they voted for Obama based on the visual color of his skin.
    They voted for what they call an Uncle Tom.
    Please talk about what you know...not what you think you know.
    All that you have said, is patently untrue, and speculation on your part.
    You are not versed sufficiently to comment "intelligently" on his past or his makeup.
    And you presume way too much. I voted for Obama, because he was the Democratic candidate, me being a staunch, proud Democrat. And liberal to boot.

  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronssongs View Post
    You know, some things just become "given", after a while. He (Obama) is the freshest breath of air, in 8 whole years...but some folks are loathe to admit it, and some never will. I can accept that, with trepidation. However what they must admit is that the country, as a whole, approves of whatever it is he is doing, by wide margins (say 60-70%)...and one can argue all day about the rightness or the wrongness of it all, but the fact remains.
    I'm hot, behind Gov. Rick Perry, continuing to discuss the remote possibility of Texas seceding the Union. He needs to be in a mental institution. And has the hopes of being in the running for 2012.....talk about the visible impotency in the presence of Sarah Palin, in a GOP conference, some months back. We had one P-whipped president...we hardly need a repeat.
    Not to digress, but Kay Bailey Hutchinson, loon that she is, will beat him 'handily" in the next governor's race...if a Democrat doesn't appear to be the spoiler.


    Someone please tell Jallman, that we hardly need an Uncle Tom in the Oval Office....speaking of Colin Powell or Condi Rice. Blacks in white-face, is all they are, although Colin Powell's mea culpa is promising and hopeful, that even Republicans can "see the light".




    well if that's not a racist bigoted comment.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    This thread should not be in Breaking News. It should be in Breaking Wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •